Best template dexer for gautlet

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Hiawatha

Re: Best template dexer for gautlet

Post by Hiawatha »

Hey now. I will say I had Hiawatha suited for doom with junk armor and weapons from chests as a sampire holding my own no cost. Now once everyone saw my dying skillz...lord knows I have a lot. A few people started helping me out and suiting me up I was able to solo it without all the dying parts. Thanks to lead. You’re still awesome and Amish. Those two made it so I could do better. As a sampire with junk gear you CAN do good in doom. Just be prepared to die every now and then. Also I use a double staff I made for fencing still to this day. Triple leech and no slayer needed. I do 90s on hot with honor. Double hit 180s. Yes slayer would be awesome but I still don’t have that and when I blow more money on runics maybe I will. Cooper runics are cheap and it took me 10 to make 2 triple leech kamas and a double staff triple leech I use.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you could always leave the cc and just play 120 dex, that is the cap for 1.25 swing speed with katana, not 140. just the 140 is nice as a buffer and for the -1 sec heal.

it does need at least 3 fc tho (shield, ring, brac)
and you do need high dci, and 36 lmc.

but without the cc it's only like 15kk
next most expensive item is probably mace and shield for 3.5-5kk, you can swap that out for cap john hat if you want, or dph is even cheaper.
there are scaling options for what you can afford.

the hard part is getting the hml slayers, but really, that is just a ton of copper hammer. or shadow hammers, or even fkin dc hammers. plus the new player gets trash for cub.

imo, if you want to play the game hardcore enough to make a decent sampire, then you shouldn't be making it to farm doom anyway, doom is a lazy man's place lol

sampires are like, over-achievers lol
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

So, um, why'd you call out Indika? He uses basically the same skills you do. Instead of healing he has necro. Instead of all that chivalry he has bushido. He actually does use katanas... So, um, what's the problem?

I'm thinking about dropping necro and ss. I think it will be a cool hybrid. Just using pig iron for 6 sec 100% leeches. Can then add 100 to a skill of my choosing.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

is no problem, just saying i have had this convo with the best sampires ;)

it would be really cool to see people trying new stuff
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote:is no problem, just saying i have had this convo with the best sampires ;)

And have yet to win the debate... Interesting.

At least you don't attack staff...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Calvin wrote:is no problem, just saying i have had this convo with the best sampires ;)

And have yet to win the debate... Interesting.

At least you don't attack staff...
well i probably would if i had reason to, but i dont, staff are doing a great job imo

and yea, but im yet to lose too :P
i think indie uses katanas and stuff cos while i couldn't convince you guys that the class is as good as sampire, indie was smart enough to see it was actually pretty good, and to take some stuff on board.

but indie's a special case.
wezburke

Post by wezburke »

I have 120 anatomy tactics bush mace 100 necro 60 parry 80 chiv
wezburke

Post by wezburke »

I can hit 220 ai pretty fast
Calvin and fluffhead321 like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

wezburke wrote:I can hit 220 ai pretty fast
that's beasty, but for me the keyword is 'can' :P
wezburke

Post by wezburke »

well i drop artys every few hours its a nice build
Calvin likes this.
pimpinez

Post by pimpinez »

if your really new player with no kind of gold funds i suggest taking a look at my sampire tweak for making cheap melee char that can run around doing some stuff. other then that best dexer and cheapest template for gauntlet is a archer tamer. Just grab shittiest luck suit and bow with cu; you could probably kill half the pvpers on shard if you find them alone since they cant do shit without gank sync drops. bring da bola an dismount bow.

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =2&t=11718
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah archers are good to be fair, leeches tho :P
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

What is best? Double strike or armor ignore for doom?
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

With a good quarter staff, when double strike hits you have two chances of all mods on staff , double chance to leech this why I like double strike
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I ran an all AI and now I run a quarter staff samp, I'd say the difference is pretty small actually. On a DF for example, I was hitting AI for about 210-220, pretty much 3 out of 4 hits (often more) where as my doubles strikes tend to hit around 130 each (260) combined (although rare, sometimes they'd only land for about 160, cumulative) , and sometimes as high as 170ish each. One extra benefit of the quarter staff is the swing speed and (if you buy an ash one) garenteed 10ssi, which leaves you only really needing like 90-100 stam. This means you can put alot of extra points into mana and double strike virtually every swing. It certainly wont hurt to track down a simple leaf blade of ease HML, SSI, maybe even HSL for the fleshrenderers
Calvin likes this.