Best template to doom

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
zulu2401

Re: Best template to doom

Post by zulu2401 »

suiris wrote:Archer Bushido Chivlary (ABC) tamer using Cu sidhe is a very solid choice for any new player IMO.

Your template does not depend on any expensive item to be playable
You can wear basically any gear and still be somewhat effective.

I used this build:

Archery 120
Taming 110
Lore 110
Vet 100
bushido 100
tactics 110
Chivalry 70

Try to find at least 115 archery to start with, i am sure many players can donate one if asked politely.

On gear your goal is to cap the HCI (which is 45%) and then look for other mods.

You can wear any gear and still do damage and survive but ideally your gear setup should look something like this:

Head - mace and shield glasses - you get 30% hld and good resists.
Neck - Mempo of fortune - 300 luck and 1 mana regen, decent resists.
Tunic - Runic crafted - look for one with luck and mana/stamina increase.
Legs - Leggings of bane - 20% HCI (it's a lot easier to cap HCI with this item)
sleeves - Runic crafted - look for one with luck and mana/stamina increase.
gloves - Stormgrip - 25%dmg 8 mana 125 luck
jewels - you need 25%hci total from both jewels, other than that - DMG, luck, stat increase.

Weapons - Look for Dmg, mana leech, swing, slayer, hit lightning, HLD, stamina leech, life leech.
The order that i have listed them is based on priority in my opinion.

When going to doom it is way better to use a decent non slayer weapon than a slayer with no other mods.
Why Bushido? Anatomy gives more damage
suiris

Post by suiris »

Assuming you take honor and can keep perfection it is better to go with bushido.
At 100 bushido you get 100% dmg at max perfection.

On the other hand you are probably right, we are talking for a new player who will run on crappy gear for quite some time so the 55% guaranteed damage increase from 100 anatomy might be the better choice.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

I'm just thinking that you're dropping 100% chance at an extra 55 dmg incr for one spell from Bushido on a monster you most likely won't get a chance to honor.
suiris

Post by suiris »

I was able to get honor most of the times and my HCI is capped + HLD + 120 archery.

A new player should definitely go for anatomy. Taking anatomy has another advantage also, you don't need to run for honor and can check the body for loot. It may be a rare occurrence but a good jewel still drops from time to time.
Ciro

Post by Ciro »

100% lrc necromage is good and cheap for new players in doom imo
Ciro#7619
Bad Religion and Kaos91 like this.
Kaos91

Post by Kaos91 »

Sampires are the best chars for doom soloing without a doubt.
Have much variables .. my is PURE TANK, I raise the skills in case someone is curious, my sampire not are the best but are much resistant (my damage Varies from 100 to 150 with Light Strike..), but it is to go safely in doom, you will never have problems in terms of resistance, the blood oath most of the time does not affect me.
This template can go with a LOW or HIGH gear...
As I mentioned, there are many SAMPIRES variables.
And remember, if you do not have bushido or necro, you not are a SAMuray vamPIRE :!:

My DMG are low sinceraly.. :) and luck only are in the name :D
Lucky Luciano :coffee:
Indika, Chacal and Bama like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

When I first got back I was using a weaving necro mage. Can solo the whole gaunlet. Use natures fury to tank all the rooms, and then a really cheesy strat for killing the boss if no one is around.

You can outdamage the sampires on a lot of the rooms, especially 1st and 3rd.
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

Do you guys think disco tamer worth?

My main concern is that being gauntlet a dps race and the shitty mobility (gdragon consuming all followers slots) with 2 or more sampires on you are lucky if you get loot rights.
Sweet Cargo Van

Post by Sweet Cargo Van »

I know this is a generally unrelated question but is Doom usually populated? I haven't been playing on here for very long and was curious.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

4-5 people almost always.
AR9221 wrote:Do you guys think disco tamer worth?

My main concern is that being gauntlet a dps race and the shitty mobility (gdragon consuming all followers slots) with 2 or more sampires on you are lucky if you get loot rights.
I wouldn't consider it a race. The more dps you put out yourself the you get in return. Unless you're out dpsing everyone else it shouldn't matter too much. Another thought is the more you increase the dps of others the more bosses which means more drops per hour/day/month/year.

As far the overall topic I would say any template that can put out dps on multiple bosses is going to be best.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

The Silvertiger wrote:4-5 people almost always.
AR9221 wrote:Do you guys think disco tamer worth?

I wouldn't consider it a race.
But it is a race.
Once a room is cleared if you are not in the next one within 30-40 seconds the boss is almost dead and you don't get loot rights.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I think discorder is only really good if you are hunting with friends. Other then that its better to be greedy and use a stronger template that does more damage. Sampire is one of the best if you can get the honor off then you get more damage + 1000 extra luck. archer or necro/tamer is probably second best. if there are alot of people there and u cant get honor off consistantly.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Indika

Post by Indika »

The Silvertiger wrote: As far the overall topic I would say any template that can put out dps on multiple bosses is going to be best.
Probably this.

Stop worrying about what the "best" template is. The game is 20 years old. Play whatever it is you enjoy.

All that being said, I do doom on my sampire as it is my only character I have a suit left on. However necro mages aren't bad because they can cast Meteor Swarm and Chain Lightning and Earthquake.

I wouldn't personally play an archer because of limiting myself to 1 target (fuck switching every so often to get rights.)

I also wouldn't personally play Discord at all because even at 120 Music 120 Discord with a slayer instrument you still fail fairly often. If the boss dies before you get Discord off than you are wasting 240 skill points on your template.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

disco mage tamer with a pack of hell hounds.
Discord: Amish#1299
Spok likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

disco mage tamer is a terrible idea. you waste so much time rezzing your hell hounds and going room to room on foot.

its one of the on theory highest dps chars you can take down to gauntlet but the application works very rarely properly.

Standard ABC is good.
Sampire is good.
Wampire is good.
Necro Mage Tamer is good.

I say only take a discord type char if you are farming doom with a friend or more so you buff the group. but buffing random players damage doesnt really help you so only do it if you are part of a group and not if you go down there and 4-5 random people and you are alone.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.