Metal chests source

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
AR9221

Metal chests source

Post by AR9221 »

There are some metal chest just like those you get from mibs, but without any inscription (without the "recovered from..." part)
Does anyone know what is the source?
I googled it and at OSI they drop from plague beasts after you make them eat other npcs, but I tried that here and didn't work.
Alvin likes this.
Mordramir

Re: Metal chests source

Post by Mordramir »

Metal chests fished up from Messages in Bottles/ Waterstained SOSes, found with Fishing skill of 75 or higher, are a source of metal chests without inscriptions on them. The decorative items inside may display "recovered from a shipwreck", but the chests themselves do not.
-signed-
Mordramir, Hedge Wizard
Owner of Mage Manor (2725N 2759E)
AR9221 and Alvin like this.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

I have a related question. Is there any chance to turn these chests? It wont let me turn them with a tool.

"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Alvin wrote:I have a related question. Is there any chance to turn these chests? It wont let me turn them with a tool.

Are your chests over 100 stones? If they weigh more than 100 stones (or maybe it's 101 stones?) they can't be turned with a tool.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Alvin and The Silvertiger like this.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

april0395 wrote:
Alvin wrote: Are your chests over 100 stones? If they weigh more than 100 stones (or maybe it's 101 stones?) they can't be turned with a tool.
They are empty.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Interior decorator tool
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

Alvin wrote:I have a related question. Is there any chance to turn these chests? It wont let me turn them with a tool.
I'm having the same issue right now, looks like a bug
Loler

Post by Loler »

Try dropping on ground over and over till they turn the way u want
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

It's really all about how your character is facing too, atleast for me anyway.

And for the source of the chest, I kill miasma and throw away atleast 30-50 each time I farm them.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

Tempest wrote:It's really all about how your character is facing too, atleast for me anyway.
it shouldn't matter when you are using a decorator tool
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

I'm pretty sure they bug when they fall from an IDOC