how to catalog items

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Veteran Noobie

how to catalog items

Post by Veteran Noobie »

how do other players catalog their items? ive seent easyuo macros to make excel files listing item mods and intensities, however I am looking for something that makes a notepad file perhaps.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
AR9221

Re: how to catalog items

Post by AR9221 »

Its pretty much the same, you just need to pipe the results to a different process.

A different approach and the one I use is an script that look at containers for items with the mods you specify, in other words, you don't have a database, you search on the fly instead.

I can't give you the name of a script for this purpose but there are many of them at EUO public library.
I programmed myself the one I use, it still a bit buggy and lack of advanced features, I can share it once I get something stable.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

findit works ok, however when you have 1000+ pieces of runics that you want to organize... searching for 1 or 2 mods is not what i am looking to do.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

Are you sure storing results in a txt file will help you?
How are you planning to search multiple mods and values there?