House Design and Deco

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
april0395

Re: House Design and Deco

Post by april0395 »

Calvin wrote:
ShadowMoon wrote:Image
it's better, if they are all pitch black and ice white chests (rare).
I actually don't think using black and white alternating would be better in most cases, since those colors are a bit too harsh. Having two colors that compliment one another is what I think is better, like the colors used in the screen shot.

It's just all a matter of opinion and preference. No option is correct.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
april0395

Post by april0395 »

I've tried to get Third to let me deco his empty Luna house for years after I applied Otim's design to it, but Third's a turd.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

april0395 wrote:I've tried to get Third to let me deco his empty Luna house for years after I applied Otim's design to it, but Third's a turd.
being one of the more famed decors on the shard, how are my chances to place top 3 in the contest? lol
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Calvin likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

april0395 wrote:I've tried to get Third to let me deco his empty Luna house for years after I applied Otim's design to it, but Third's a turd.
that is the only reason i dont trust him. the most ideal plot on the server and its empty. but atleast its not a dirt plot.
Discord: Amish#1299
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

TheUnknown0617 wrote:being one of the more famed decors on the shard, how are my chances to place top 3 in the contest? lol
Well considering last time they did this event i got 3rd place, ill say you have a nice chance. I make nice houses, just not good at the deco.
Discord: Amish#1299
TheUnknown0617 likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i dont enter the competitions cos i have all my house plots occupied :<

but i think the best houses are a synthesis of the custom house elements, and the item decoration. hard to do tho cos it means you have to know what you are making before you make it - you gotta have vision, not just wing it, and that's really tough - or at least i find it hard anyway, i tend to evolve things, adding and taking stuff away over time, rather than planning them out first. but if you wanna do it right, you really have to plan it out (like graph paper and all (i dont do that, but that's the proper way))

i cant knock my garden or my back house down, and i need to keep the TP hub.. plus the front house cant be too tall or it'll block the castle

ideas are welcome btw
april0395

Post by april0395 »

TheUnknown0617 wrote:
being one of the more famed decors on the shard, how are my chances to place top 3 in the contest? lol
I really like the one you did at the Makoto moongate. Is that the one you're entering?

I haven't decided if I'm going to enter or not, I have been pretty inactive and doubt I can pull something together by then, lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

april0395 wrote: I actually don't think using black and white alternating would be better in most cases, since those colors are a bit too harsh. Having two colors that compliment one another is what I think is better, like the colors used in the screen shot.
It's just all a matter of opinion and preference. No option is correct.
it's a nice style, especially because it's consistent throughout, she's just a bit arrogant about it, so i white knight and devils advocate :beathorse:
it's not my style anyway

she didn't even get to my houses :roll:

(also just as an edit addition, there actually is a right way, it's graphic design 101 to use the colours from the pictures you have - or in this case, the placables, so the tapestry and bear rugs, also the wood, the fireplace. it's colour coded which is right. it *is* good design, it's by the book design. i suppose yeah it looks professional. which is good if that's what you want. but that's where your preferences come in. like, it can be good, but you can still dislike it, that's fine, but dont say it's shit. see i use a colour pallet, that's a bit different, it's like painting a picture. some people do monuments, some people do radar art, some people do 3D trippy magic type things which blow my mind.. there's loads)
Last edited by Calvin on July 12th, 2018, 3:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

and the squirrel in the infested tree even wanted to get in on the action

there ya go.. and i guess forgot to lock the tp back down ¬_¬
Duque likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just realized the lighting on my bottom floor is terrible :<

honestly i really wish i could hand them off to someone to keep static and place some new houses
LUDENS likes this.
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

april0395 wrote:
TheUnknown0617 wrote:
I really like the one you did at the Makoto moongate. Is that the one you're entering?

I haven't decided if I'm going to enter or not, I have been pretty inactive and doubt I can pull something together by then, lol
Yeh that's why I spent so much time on that house. Just waiting on a contest lol I begged selene xD I wish my island house was done but I'll enter it in the next one
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Would be nice
Dusty Bottoms_2-26_06.15.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_2-26_06.15.jpg (222.51 KiB) Viewed 4837 times
Dusty Bottoms_2-26_06.15-1.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_2-26_06.15-1.jpg (222.58 KiB) Viewed 4837 times
Dusty Bottoms_2-26_06.15-2.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_2-26_06.15-2.jpg (222.56 KiB) Viewed 4837 times
Dusty Bottoms_2-26_06.16.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_2-26_06.16.jpg (228.32 KiB) Viewed 4837 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

is that avaiable in demise?
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Skrillex wrote:is that available in demise?
No, hence the phrase "would be nice".
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

We have an imposter
Dusty Bottoms_3-1_08.43.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_3-1_08.43.jpg (228 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈