Provocation training

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Relderf

Provocation training

Post by Relderf »

Well, since I've been struggling with this training, and neither uoguide, stratics nor some research in the Demise forums give me enough clues on what creatures to use, I bring you a guide to what I did myself.

0 - 30: Buy it. Even if some bard won't train up to 30, another will, so check some and you'll do fine. Check Britain, it has many.

30 - 45: Bulls. Delucia (Trammel) can be easily reached via recall and has an insane bulls spawn rate. Go there, tame two bulls and do the house technique (see bottom).

45 - 100: Drakes. A pair of these will do most of the job. They are easy to tame, and you can get both in the same trip, unlike beetles. Take them home and do the house technique (see bottom). Do not worry about fire breath, they won't kill each other at all.

100 - 120: Cu sidhe. The final curve, but the hardest one. Unlike previous creatures, cu sidhes are hard to tame. One bite can take 90 HP from you. I used Honor for this (see bottom). They can be found at the Twisted Weald (you need a quest in Heartwood [Yew] in order to be able to enter). Take one home, release it inside one of the boxes (or give it to another tamer in the meanwhile, if you think it can take too long), go back, tame another, get it in the next box and do the house technique (see bottom).

House technique: 1) Place a customizable plot. Set some medium-low size walls (fences or so) to create two boxes with at least 2 free tile inside each. Give each box a medium-low door (not a teleporter, not worth the trouble). Buy the house.
2) Set the house to public (Double click on the welcome sign > 'Security' tab > 'Change to public' button).
3) Single-click one of the doors. Set security to 'friend' or higher. Repeat with the other one.
4) Get one of the training creatures follow you inside one of the boxes, order it to stay, get yourself out, close the door (important) and then release it. Repeat with the other creature and box.
5) Provoke one creature against the other.
6) Take into account that wild creatures wandering inside houses are erased from the game after like 14-20hs (not sure how many), so if you see you're gonna need more time, you'll have to 'kick' (command) them out of your house, tame them and take them back in, in order to refresh the cooldown.

Honor: Honor is a virtue invoked to prevent monsters and creatures from attacking you (until some time elapses or you enter in combat with anything). Invoking this virtue at Knight will give you 5 mins of peace; Follower 3mins and Seeker most likely just 1 (doesn't deserve trying, too dangerous). Taming a cu'sidhe can easily take 2-3mins with 110 taming, so be careful.
To train honor, double click the virtue and target a high fame monster before you have done any damage to it (succubi are an excellent choice, since they can be pacified and have not so much health). After 20-30 kills, you'll be a Honor knight.

I hope you guys get your skill to go up easy enough :)
Last edited by Relderf on October 6th, 2017, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valkyrie

Re: Provocation training

Post by Valkyrie »

No clue why drakes are better? Train take 12hours when use 2released in house-then can use ryu up to 110 and finally cu shides. And if need cu shides use simple parafields to stop it.
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Jaypew

Post by Jaypew »

I'm having good gains with lesser hiryus went from 68 to 90 on them. Not looking forward when I switch to cu shides as I don't have a house or tamer
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Need small house and cu shides?
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Jaypew

Post by Jaypew »

I will in the near future. I'm sitting at 93 prov still on lesser hiryus when I hit 100 I'll need to farm some gold for my power scrolls for music/ prov then I'll be ready for cu shides