UO High CPU usage

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Irminia

UO High CPU usage

Post by Irminia »

I am having issues while using 4 clients open at the same time, each of them uses between 15% - 25% and CPU usage of PC hits %100 (%90 ish if chrome is not open). I wasn't having this issue with my old notebook which has i7 3630QM processor, GTX 660 graphic card and 8GB ram but i got new one with i5 7300HQ, GTX 1050 graphic card and 8GB ram. I guess its because of the cpu difference but is there a way to reduce that cpu usage somehow? I tried using Windows XP SP3 compability mode but it seems worse like that. Any suggestions? UOSteam's 'Reduce CPU usage' feature is unchecked btw
Leo_Argentina

Re: UO High CPU usage

Post by Leo_Argentina »

Are you sure it's the ultima online that consumes you 100% CPU?
Do you have any other process that you are consuming?
what windows u have ?
Irminia likes this.
Irminia

Post by Irminia »

Windows 10 and I can see that clients vacuuming CPU in the task manager :P
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Find the client.exe process via task manager and right click - set "affinity" and choose a CPU core. Choose a diff core per client, then see if that helps??

Shot in the dark.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Irminia likes this.
Irminia

Post by Irminia »

Vitek- wrote:Find the client.exe process via task manager and right click - set "affinity" and choose a CPU core. Choose a diff core per client, then see if that helps??

Shot in the dark.
Doesn't seems like anything changed. Each client still uses between 15%-25%.