Help with templates!

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Kojiro

Help with templates!

Post by Kojiro »

Hey guys!

I just came back to UO after 5 years away. And truth to be told, i'm totally lost.

I had some chars back in the day, but i just don't know if they are still effective.

Here are some of them:
Necromage - 120 mage, 120 eval, 120 medit, 120 necro, 115 ss, 100 inscript, 60 spellweaving - stats 110/15/115
Whammy - 120 bushido, 120 sword, 120 parry, 120 tt, 80 anat, 60 ss, 60 chiv, 40 necro - stats 115/99/26
Tammer/archer - 110 taming, 110 lore, 90 archery (110 with HH), 100 tt, 100 anat, 90 vet, 70 chiv, 50 bushido - stats 85/115/40

Those 3 used to be my favorites to play.
But if they are no longer any good, can you guys help me start over with a new template? Just PvM templates, please!

I'm gonna need all the information possible hahaha. Which PS's to use, stats,all the skills, items to go after and etc.

Unfortunately i'm starting from scratch, so i'm not going to be able to go after artifacts and etc right away, so if you guys have any tips, i aprecciate!

Thank you very much!!
Last edited by Kojiro on December 1st, 2017, 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grifo

Re: Help with templates!

Post by Grifo »

Necromage is wrong. 0 defensive skills (Anatomy/wrestling) and 60 spellweaving (u need 80 (thunder) or 106 (thunder + wildfire) or 120(thunder + wildfire + essence)). I prefer 100 of necro too.

Tammer archer is ok.

Whammy < sampire (in demise, sure)

Have any Char for pvp?
Arden

Post by Arden »

Grifo wrote:Necromage is wrong. 0 defensive skills (Anatomy/wrestling) and 60 spellweaving (u need 80 (thunder) or 106 (thunder + wildfire) or 120(thunder + wildfire + essence)). I prefer 100 of necro too.

Tammer archer is ok.

Have any Char for pvp?
48 is 100% thunderstorm
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Grifo wrote:Necromage is wrong. 0 defensive skills (Anatomy/wrestling) and 60 spellweaving (u need 80 (thunder) or 106 (thunder + wildfire) or 120(thunder + wildfire + essence)). I prefer 100 of necro too.

Tammer archer is ok.

Have any Char for pvp?
Wow, i didnt know necromage needed that.

Can you help me with the right template?

And a sampire template as well?

Oh, and right now i'm focused on PvM only!
Arden

Post by Arden »

Kojiro wrote: Necromage - 120 mage, 120 eval, 120 medit, 120 necro, 115 ss, 100 inscript, 60 spellweaving - stats 110/15/115
Here is basic necro template (using your scrolls and bloodwood spirit)

120 mage
120 eval
100 necro (105 with totem)
90 SS (gm with totem)
100 anat
100 scribe
48 SW
40 med

IF youre suit is better 10~MR and ~35+LMC and depending on your + skill you can run something better.

Here is my necro pvp tempalte that i use for spawns as well as pvp
mage 106
eval 120
anat 100
resist 120
Necro 100
SS 100
SW 120

4/6 casting and open hand
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Arden wrote:
Kojiro wrote: Necromage - 120 mage, 120 eval, 120 medit, 120 necro, 115 ss, 100 inscript, 60 spellweaving - stats 110/15/115
Here is basic necro template (using your scrolls and bloodwood spirit)

120 mage
120 eval
100 necro (105 with totem)
90 SS (gm with totem)
100 anat
100 scribe
48 SW
40 med

IF youre suit is better 10~MR and ~35+LMC and depending on your + skill you can run something better.

Here is my necro pvp tempalte that i use for spawns as well as pvp
mage 106
eval 120
anat 100
resist 120
Necro 100
SS 100
SW 120

4/6 casting and open hand
And you think this necromage is a good choice to be my first char? My idea going forward is to have all 3 chars i described on my initial post.
But first i have to gather some money and equips.

I read that sampire is very expensive to build, so i'm deciding between the necromage and the tammer/archer.

Those stats for this necro mage are ok? 110/15/115

And my template for the tammer/archer is right?

You helped me a lot!! Thank you so much!
Arden

Post by Arden »

Ya necro mage is a good first template, pretty easy to gear with a scrappers. Can pvp with it AND do spawns. Will make you $$ and if you join a pvp group youll be able to hold your own. You could consider alchy instead of scribe would make you more durable and better for choke point fights.

Stats I would go STR whatever gets you as much HP as you can get with STR pot (depending on how much EP and HPI you have cap is 150). DEX 15, and rest in int.

Sampire can be expensive, but depends what youre trying to do. Basic samp is:
120 fight skill (macing is the cheapest option)
120 bushi
120 parry
100 tactics
100 anat (or resist depends on what youre doing)
99 necro
100 ss
rest in chiv (some guys run less anat/resist for more chiv your choice here)

you can do most things with a basic q staff and some good runics (only required arty i would say is runebeetle, banes help, stormgrip help, jackels helps)

Im not sampire expert, I have one that can solo most peerless but i just copied what others have done in the past.

As for your archer tamer, i dont have a clue about that stuff.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

I dont even know how to thank you!! I'm going with a necromage first, then!

Thank you!!
Arden likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Kojiro wrote:I dont even know how to thank you!! I'm going with a necromage first, then!

Thank you!!
OH SHIT!! I didnt put resist on your necro template! LMFAO!!

Sorry been up since 4am this morning..do this instead
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
100 necro (105)
110 SS (120)
100 anat
48 SW
zulu2401 likes this.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Arden wrote:
Kojiro wrote:I dont even know how to thank you!! I'm going with a necromage first, then!

Thank you!!
OH SHIT!! I didnt put resist on your necro template! LMFAO!!

Sorry been up since 4am this morning..do this instead
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
100 necro (105)
110 SS (120)
100 anat
48 SW

Even for a PVM char??
Arden

Post by Arden »

Well i guess not really as required, my necro/tamer/sw doesnt have resist
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Kojiro wrote:Whammy - 120 bushido, 120 sword, 120 parry, 120 tt, 80 anat, 60 ss, 60 chiv, 40 necro - stats 115/99/26
U go for Whammy?
Use human = no need for 40 necro ( use scrolls ).
Rest depends on gear - u want max swing 1,25 so depends on weapon
60 ss - depends if u go for spawn / solo - weapon with hml or is it slayer?

i prefer 70 chiv for Enemy of the one to cast easier

for easier bosses/ spawns u can soul stone 120 parry and go with 90 + more anat - for neira u would want to go with resist instead of anat.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Tanya and The Silvertiger like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

You may give the mounted whammy build a try. Instead of 100 necro it uses spirit speak in various ranges. It's stronger than the vamp as it has higher survivability. The only hitch is that it requires you to cast curse weapon a lot. There's 2 methods people use to help with this. As a human using magery scroll of protection or adding faster casting to their suit. The more elite players use fc... The whammy is generally cheaper to build than a sampire and comparable in damage with stronger survivability.

Which template you use depends on what exactly you plan on doing in pvm. If you plan on farming a lot of Guantlet, I suggest the archer tamer. Whammy for farming peerless. The necromageweaver is decent for both and at the beginners stage is stronger for champion spawns in fel or tram rulesets. I prefer the archer tamer for farming bags of sending. I prefer the necromageweav for farming gold skulls. Another cheap, but effective build for single combat or farming is the disco hell hounds build.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Mina_Moonlight

Post by Mina_Moonlight »

The Silvertiger wrote:You may give the mounted whammy build a try. Instead of 100 necro it uses spirit speak in various ranges. It's stronger than the vamp as it has higher survivability. The only hitch is that it requires you to cast curse weapon a lot. There's 2 methods people use to help with this. As a human using magery scroll of protection or adding faster casting to their suit. The more elite players use fc... The whammy is generally cheaper to build than a sampire and comparable in damage with stronger survivability.

Which template you use depends on what exactly you plan on doing in pvm. If you plan on farming a lot of Guantlet, I suggest the archer tamer. Whammy for farming peerless. The necromageweaver is decent for both and at the beginners stage is stronger for champion spawns in fel or tram rulesets. I prefer the archer tamer for farming bags of sending. I prefer the necromageweav for farming gold skulls. Another cheap, but effective build for single combat or farming is the disco hell hounds build.

Curious.... i to use disco hell(Cats) instead of hounds , becaus they have a slightly better HP , now i wonder if Hounds would indeed be better.... inlighten me plz :D
-Mina Moonlight & Picka Starlight-

(we are not the same person btw, usualy picka using the forum)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Hounds do more damage. ;) Also, idk how much hp hell cats have. According to uoguide the max is 125 for hounds and 135 for cats, but I know one of my hounds has 137 hp unblessed. It was 120 or 122 post tame, but pretrain. Then, I let my 5 hounds fight a shadow elemental for a few hours. Anywho, good luck in whichever build(s) you choose.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Jeller likes this.