Necro Warrior Gear Thoughts

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Tanya

Re: Necro Warrior Gear Thoughts

Post by Tanya »

Well, you can not make 1 suit for everything. Here is what I have:
1 - suit for Peerless with a lot of mana and lmc
2 - suit for spawns (2/6 casting suit)
3 - luck suit for doom
4 - 45 hci/45 dci suit for monsters like putrefier
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Tanya wrote:Well, you can not make 1 suit for everything. Here is what I have:
3 - luck suit for doom
and u cant kill perless with 45hci/dci suit? or make spawn with it ? :D
Like i said ppl buy 150/150 Replicas i want to have perfect stats on my suit 45 hci / 70s etc.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Anthony File wrote:
Shallan wrote:
Anthony File wrote:

I have no problem at all getting perfection on Ilhenir when I get honor. I honestly don't think the 3 points of HCI makes much of a difference at all.
Perfection on suit not on the boss :lol:

-.- :beathorse:
Oh, can I see your sampire suit? :coffee:
Sure as soon as i will be home.

Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Shallan wrote:
3 - luck suit for doom
Like i said ppl buy 150/150 Replicas i want to have perfect stats on my suit 45 hci / 70s etc.
Not really because I have hci on black staff, and replace legs of bane with fey legs,
and for Peerless I am using q-staff and legs of bane.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Tanya wrote:
Shallan wrote:
3 - luck suit for doom
Not really because I have hci on black staff, and replace legs of bane with fey legs,
and for Peerless I am using q-staff and legs of bane.
But if u woudnt change the items it would fit = perfect gear :)

The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Shallan wrote:Mounted Whammy ? If u use MOUNT u dont use Wraith form... -.-

ps. u didnt mention the INSCRIPTION TRICK that helps much with resists
That's just what they call it. It's not a sampire or a whammy, but the word sampire and whammy both get applied to the template a lot.

I by no means profess to be a master, that is why I called the post "Thoughts" instead of guide. I just don't see the point of grips when you can get 40 di on jewels and 40 on weapon easily for 80 and throw primer or trinket on. And really you only need 30, 40, and 20 + divine. That's 15 di per jewel.

When I built my first suit, two years ago, I bought a 3 mod ring: 25 DI, 10 HCI, and 10 DCI for 2kk. I used that for a long time. I paired it with a 20 DI, 10 HCI brace. There were other stats on both pieces, but I don't remember what they were. The point is you just don't need DI in the glove slot on most suits.

I also haven't found a need for 4/6 on a samp/mounted whammy. I think that tends to be a high end samp.

The idea behind this post was basically to give a visual of what items to look for(including links so one can put a face to the name) and how much resists one would need. I didn't explain a lot.

Jackals for me is a low mod issue. Aka only 4 mods. I prefer a crafted 4 mod gorget even. I never have like grips. I always preferred gauntlets as I thought they provided a better stat, but both are pretty bad. They are at least 5 mod pieces, tho, in comparison with the jackals. I just think di here is not the proper slot. And one could easily buy a 5kk gorget from mb, or anyone who runs his scripts, that would be better than jackals.

Anywho, those are just my "Thoughts." Seems like every time you turn around someone is asking suit advice, so this gives them perspective. I think one of the major issues I always come up with is realizing just how much resists one needs. With this post it's pretty easy to see. This of course is based on the cookie cutter version using m&s + banes. If we wanted to really discuss suits there are so many ideas, one post isn't enough. I didn't even cover violets courage, which I think is an ok piece, crafted tunic is still preferred.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
gilgamash

Post by gilgamash »

Hi,
I am back after a little more than 3 years and there is a lot of new stuff now. What kind of skill template do you suggest for a sampire/whammy? I used icy scimitar and HCI/DCI/FC 10/15/1 shield in earlier days, as black staffs were not craftable... Some skill hints would be nice. Mine was build around chiv/res spells/necro/parrying/swords/tactics, human, no elf...
Thanks in advance for help,
G.
P.: Aiming at peerless and maybe spawns