Best template dexer for gautlet

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
fluffhead321

Re: Best template dexer for gautlet

Post by fluffhead321 »

wouldnt a "classic swordsman" type just do the same damage as the sampire without perfection though (if he uses the same weapons)? Like, where does the swordsman get the extra DI? Way I see it bushido samurai would still be more effective because

1) Higher Parry Chance
2) Counter Strike (off timer attack) from increased parry chance

so it would seem (to me) that, with counter strike, spamming specials and a CHANCE to get honor would make a sampire (or any bushido type character) out damage the classic swordsman
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

fluffhead321 wrote:wouldnt a "classic swordsman" type just do the same damage as the sampire without perfection though (if he uses the same weapons)? Like, where does the swordsman get the extra DI? Way I see it bushido samurai would still be more effective because

1) Higher Parry Chance
2) Counter Strike (off timer attack) from increased parry chance

so it would seem that, with counter strike, spamming specials and a CHANCE to get honor would make a sampire (or any bushido type character) out damage the classic swordsman
legit point, if you can keep max swing speed, and keep every swing as a special move, then you're right. but im not convinced you can is my point. classic swordsman can do this very easily.

the main thing is you need an extra mod to get slayer on your weapon, katana only needs mana leech and slayer, so 2 mod. with a double axe you need hml, hsl, ssi, and slayer, so a 4 mod slayer :/
and without that, the classic swordsman is hitting the same with a slayer (every hit) as you are with perfection
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

but if you have every hit a special move, maintain max swing speed, and are using a slayer.

then yes bushido will put out way more damage. i just dont think it's realistic.

if you build/play a classic swordsman right you do 1600% of wep damage per hit
Last edited by Calvin on March 2nd, 2018, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

what Im saying is, where is the EXTRA damage on a classic swordsman...Like same exact suit, same exact weapons on each char type...A sampire will still out damage because of counterstrike. It costs virtually no mana. The classic swordsman would be hitting the exact same damage, the same speed as a the sampire except the sampire has the bonus hits from counter without the sampire even using honor.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's in the fact you cant get a 4 mod slayer, and you need one or you cant maintain swing speed

this is why the trinket is 150kk
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin pls reread my post

A sampire using the exact same weapon as the classic swordsman would still do more damage because of counterstrike
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so a sampire with a katana? yeah i suppose that'd work

but they dont use them :P
they use none slayer double axes which need the ssi

im also not sure how they are refilling their stamina when they are hit. i suppose you could do pot chugging, that'd work yeah.
most will just use their double axe though
Last edited by Calvin on March 2nd, 2018, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Or quarter staffs or black staffs (both fast naturally) ..I also use a katana sometimes to kill peerless as a sampire
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

the classic warriors strength is healing, not damage
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you can get it to work then more power to you, all im saying is it really blends naturally with a classic warrior. all you need is lmc and some 2 mod slayers

"the classic warriors strength is healing, not damage"
kind of. classic warrior actually does pretty sick damage ;)
it's all the lmc and double strike. cos slayer and double strike stack after the 300% di cap.

so instead of being 100% (base) + 300% (di) + 100% (double strike) + (100% slayer) = 600%
it's actually 400% (base + di) + 400% (slayer) + 800% (double strike) = 1600%

but you are right, you can stack this further with bushido. just it's so hard to budget it and not lose the other things.

if you added bushido to this it would actually double up AGAIN, to 3200%

the problem for sampire is in keeping the ssi and hsl they need *and* getting the hml and slayer they want
- trinket solves this problem for undeads ofc :)

but where a sampire will carry 1 beast 3 or 4 mod axe, classic warrior should have a selection of mana leech slayers, and switch to the right sword for the target

pretty much everything you kill should be with a slayer, unless it doesn't have one - then hit spell
Last edited by Calvin on March 2nd, 2018, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i gave jasso a 30kk suit (of which 16kk is cc) cos he lost his houses and stuff, and within 10 hours in gauntlet he dropped aof

and that's with a 4-14 shield cos i didn't buy one (dennis i know you msg me but get in touch with jass if you wanna sell that 10-14)

at the end of the day do what you want, i enjoy the low prices. but i am telling you it works, and compared to sampire is very cheap
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

lol, thats actually more expensive then my whole suit i do doom with
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

3-5kk for a wep, jackals 4-5kk, , m&s 4-5kk, good horned sleeves gloves and tunic,(6mil for 100 hrsk you can make your own armor that will fit anything) 1-2kk per jewelry if u get basic 3-4props. 20mil without a CC 15kk without a jackals and you can run doom like a pro.(another 10kk for powerscrolls because you need to be 120s) 30mil you should be looking at to make a decent sampire minimum.
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

'30 mil'
'decent sampire'

for 30 mil on swordsman you are like 80% of what 500 mil will buy you - if you are not tanking then there is no difference to damage
a 30 mil sampire will barely be usable
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Wall of text!
Can you make a video rooms 1-5 + DF on test server with basic 3 mod katana and 4 mod armor and we will see how it works...
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131