Best template dexer for gautlet

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Calvin

Re: Best template dexer for gautlet

Post by Calvin »

assuming you are using consecrate:

Room 1 - AI until corpse skin
Room 2 - Double strike with hit fireball
Room 3 - AI until corpse skin
Room 4 - either
Room 5 - double strike
Dark Father - double strike

it's based on the monster's resists innit.
remember with consecrate you always hit on the lowest resist, so only the lowest one matters.
so if it has 50 resist, that's -50% of the damage, so half
if you reduce that to 0 resist you are doing double damage, if you are hitting twice then you are doing double damage.

so <50 resist you are better with double strike, >50 resist you are better with AI. but after a corpse skin almost everything has <50 resist

most monsters have like 40 resist, so there's not loads of difference, but there is a bit.

i'll check the resists for you:
DF - 30 so double strike
room 1 - 60 so AI
room 2 - oooh it's 50-60, but hit spell, so double strike gives 2 chances at a fireball
room 3 - 60 so AI
room 4 - 55, so actually AI, but it doesn't make much difference - 5%
room 5 - 30-35 so double strike

corpse skin is -15 fire and poison. fire is the lowest resist on R1, R2, R3, and the DF.
guess i should start using AI on R4 tho
R2 it will probably be worth using AI instead of Double strike if you are using a heavy hitting wep

i use a katana so the difference between AI and double strike is just whether im holding ctrl, so this is a pretty easy question for me ;P
it is slightly complicated by things like double strike having 2 chances to leech, 2 chances to hit spell etc.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tough DF that one
(i try not to solo the DF just cos it costs too much durability)

but this damage is not so bad, and is literally only from mana leech slayer kat, and lmc. no bushido, no counter strikes, no necro stuff, you can get the same dps with a mempho and some copper hammers, just you wont be able to tank.

dps goes up a lot if there's corpse skin, discord, or you dont have to tank btw. but if you are a pure damage dealer class and you're not out DPSing me... well, you should be :P
LUDENS likes this.
Wanna hunt

Post by Wanna hunt »

Looks like something for me when only got gears
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote:
Did you get YouTube banned?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tanya likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yup

i got censored for being too honest

you know what i'm like tbh... im not a bad person, but i don't mince my words, so people can take frankness as insensitivity. cant offend the snowflakes :roll:

dont worry about it, it's a symptom of a larger problem, and people have noticed the problem
Tanya likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Calvin wrote:yup

i got censored for being too honest
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131