Best template dexer for gautlet

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Calvin

Re: Best template dexer for gautlet

Post by Calvin »

^ tbh if you have made a geared sampire, dont bother with gauntlet?

they are made for AOE (champ spawn) and solo play (peerless)
at least use a double axe not a katana if you are bushido..
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

I swap parrying with anatomy for more damage.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

scatman wrote:bushido
necromancy
spirit speak
hrs024 wrote:its called make a sampire lol
Tanya wrote:I swap parrying with anatomy for more damage.
Daxi.Re wrote:120 sword,tactics,bushido,parrying
100 necro
70 chiv resist

do you guys not think sampire is a bit expensive to get to a point where it works, and not that great if you cant honour the target?
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Only perlesa without honor is pain. Travesty still simple but takes longer
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

either way works tbh, but if you go healing instead of bushido, the important thing is to make sure you have mana leech and lmc, then spam special moves, otherwise your damage will suck
Daxi.Re

Post by Daxi.Re »

I just use what is most effective so I do not waste my time. And I do doom with high end suit and char because when I am bored I can just chain it anytime without having guildmates on to defend my spawn or getting raided alone. Peerless is too much effort for me so doom is the best "boredom killer" (works only until it gets boring as well). I don't see any point why would i play anything else besides sampire or abc archer in doom, no honor = useless char for doom.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i cant really be arsed to explain why, but you're wrong..

there are a number of different templates that work there, and while sampire can do it for sure, i dont think it's the best option

if you have an end game geared character, it can pretty much do everything to some extent, and doom's really not that hard - it's more about the grind than the challenge
Daxi.Re

Post by Daxi.Re »

Its only about the biggest dmg output+highest luck together, so honor is the key. Please explain what can do more dmg than sampire and at the same time has more luck than sampire.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

Calvin wrote:
scatman wrote:bushido
necromancy
spirit speak
hrs024 wrote:its called make a sampire lol
Tanya wrote:I swap parrying with anatomy for more damage.
Daxi.Re wrote:120 sword,tactics,bushido,parrying
100 necro
70 chiv resist

do you guys not think sampire is a bit expensive to get to a point where it works, and not that great if you cant honour the target?
sampire is expensive, but without honor still a sampire dmg output is much more than most builds...
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Daxi.Re wrote:Its only about the biggest dmg output+highest luck together, so honor is the key. Please explain what can do more dmg than sampire and at the same time has more luck than sampire.
a classic swordsman, in both cases, if the sampire cant honor...

there are loads of builds that out DPS a sampire without honour, and the only reason a sampire with honour is that good, is because the damage increase is done after the other damage calculations - so it multiplies the end number rather than the base, which frankly it shouldn't - nothing except slayer should do that

but if you cant honor then you get none of it. and in gauntlet it only takes 2 sampires to knacker one of them.

it's simply a matter of when you think how good it is, are you thinking with honor, and with perfection - but think how often you actually have that. lets say you honor half the bosses, then lets say you get perfection on half of those, then you're only that good on 1/4th of the bosses :/

it's also a very expensive class to get to a point where it works. because it synergises you cant really have anything below a very high minimum amount. miss and you're dead (hci), dont leech enough hp and you're dead (di), dont hit often enough and you're dead (ssi, stam inc), etc.

i think if people are asking how to make a character for gauntlet, they are probably new accounts, and i dont think they will have the $$ to make a passable sampire, it really doesn't scale at lower levels at all - it gets to a point and clicks, then scales from there, if they cant reach that point in the first place then they're gonna be un-usably crap for a very long time.

if you wanna give out 10kk double axes for free, then go for it, cos without one they're gonna suck
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

Calvin wrote:
Daxi.Re wrote:Its only about the biggest dmg output+highest luck together, so honor is the key. Please explain what can do more dmg than sampire and at the same time has more luck than sampire.
a classic swordsman, in both cases, if the sampire cant honor...

there are loads of builds that out DPS a sampire without honour, and the only reason a sampire with honour is that good, is because the damage increase is done after the other damage calculations - so it multiplies the end number rather than the base, which frankly it shouldn't - nothing except slayer should do that

but if you cant honor then you get none of it. and in gauntlet it only takes 2 sampires to knacker one of them.

it's simply a matter of when you think how good it is, are you thinking with honor, and with perfection - but think how often you actually have that. lets say you honor half the bosses, then lets say you get perfection on half of those, then you're only that good on 1/4th of the bosses :/

it's also a very expensive class to get to a point where it works. because it synergises you cant really have anything below a very high minimum amount. miss and you're dead (hci), dont leech enough hp and you're dead (di), dont hit often enough and you're dead (ssi, stam inc), etc.

i think if people are asking how to make a character for gauntlet, they are probably new accounts, and i dont think they will have the $$ to make a passable sampire, it really doesn't scale at lower levels at all - it gets to a point and clicks, then scales from there, if they cant reach that point in the first place then they're gonna be un-usably crap for a very long time.

if you wanna give out 10kk double axes for free, then go for it, cos without one they're gonna suck
a good warrior w/o honor will need some pretty good gear to stand up to gauntlet.. if its a new Account they best go with a tamer mage
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you wanna solo it you need mid level gear yeah, and to solo the dark father you need decent gear.

but to get high enough damage and luck, all you need is enough lmc, and a mana leech slayer. sampires can do this for sure, but it doesn't really fit well, because they are stacking stamina as their primary stat, and they need ssi on their axe - so it's hard to get a fitting slayer, and the required lmc is not the main focus of the suit.

you can make a mana leech slayer with bronze hammers

see the thing is your suits are all so good that you have all the alternative damage dealer's primary stats as secondary stats anyway. ya need to remember that a newbs suit is only gonna be the primary stats

i honestly think the only valid tamer is a HH pack, otherwise you're just a tank for others to leech off :/
the wolf archers do alright like, but again they are all racing around to get honor - it just looks kinda stressful lol
adid/\s

Post by adid/\s »

First of all you no need Spirit Speak for Sampir !!
Fighting skill,Bushido,tactics,anatomy,Parrying,Chivalry,Necromancy
And ofcorse dmg increase 100 . I know its litle hard to find good jew`s but its posible .
Honor is not aplayed if someone else outdmg you , keep in mind !!
All the rest is buUlllshitTt !!!
Hell Houds are option for tamers , they do masive dmg !! But without UOS auto aids is litle harder to handle .
Hiawatha

Post by Hiawatha »

I’ll be honest. A sampire CAN do excellent in doom without awesome gear. I was soloing Any of the bossed without it. It’s hard and you have to stay on your toes but possible. Good gear comes from time and I still have a long way to go but at least now it isn’t hard. Where people are so concerned with slayers I don’t even use one and still keep up with other damage. Honor does play a vital role though. You can pick up crappy gear pieces and get started it just takes times. Fencing can be a great tool too. :) everyone says it isn’t but I make it work great.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you used a slayer you would do double whatever damage you are currently doing.

this is where indika would probably say "if you used bushido you would do double whatever damage you are currently doing".
but the fact is; that is not true.

i am a firm believer that moderate damage applied 100% of the time because it has support skills, will out damage high damage that is only applied 50% of the time - i could be wrong tho.

(high damage just makes for a more impressive screenshot ;) )

proper max damage on a single hit is crazy, like 800 or something (counting double hit as one), but it will have a lot of drawbacks
Last edited by Calvin on March 2nd, 2018, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.