EUO Tiles

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
kevinallenwiegand

EUO Tiles

Post by kevinallenwiegand »

Ok, so, I've been away for years. Turns out my characters still exist, even if my house and everything I had is gone...

To the point, I created a lumberjack script for EUO awhile ago. It's not unattended...requires you to pay attention and move and whatnot...either way, for whatever reason, I cannot get the tile initialization to work. I've extracted the MUL files with the mul extractor that's out there...but it just doesn't work. Registry location is created, programs are ran as administrator...

Anyone have any ideas?
pimpinez

Re: EUO Tiles

Post by pimpinez »

git gud
kevinallenwiegand

pimpinez wrote:git gud
? That has...no merit to what I was asking....like...LOL? Troll?
pimpinez

Post by pimpinez »

this isnt support section but just go to EUO forums & take a look at the lumberjack scrip section it not hard.
kevinallenwiegand

The lumberjack script isn't an EUO script...not sure what it is for...it still doesn't answer my question about the tile loading issue.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

he's kinda right tbh..

read up on it, learn, write your own if you need to... lemme think for a min, cos i actually do know what you're on about, and i did fix it, but i cant remember how

it's not the script, it's easyUO not finding your client
kevinallenwiegand

Calvin wrote:
he's kinda right tbh..

read up on it, learn, write your own if you need to... lemme think for a min, cos i actually do know what you're on about, and i did fix it, but i cant remember how

it's not the script, it's easyUO not finding your client
It is my own script that I wrote years ago that used to work just fine. EUO is finding the running client - other commands are working just fine. I have the registry item added that points to the install folder as well. I used a MUL extractor to extract out the legacy MUL files into the UO client folder too.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

do other scripts work?
kevinallenwiegand

Yes, other scripts work. This is specifically a tile issue.

I've found out (mostly) as to what's going on. The trick to get it working was to use the optional parameter to tile init. I have to set that to true to not load the overrides. I've never had to do that before... I dug into the EUO source and found that it was attempting to load "mapdif0.mul" files. These files do not exist for me for some reason. They aren't created by the MUL extractor either. Not sure where they are supposed to come from...maybe EA/Broadsword removed those files at some point? I don't know.

Anyway, this allows OEUO to work...but I'm still not able to get EUO to find tiles. EUO just returns 0 when using "tile CNT" - I suspect it might be because of the missing overrides? I'm about 75% of the way done with converting the script over to OEUO, where it does appear to work.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im not sure i get the problem properly tbh, not sure of the terminology.. are you using a forced resolution?

when you say a tile problem, do you mean it's not targeting the right game tile?

explain it to me, you may find rubber ducking it helps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging
EmilyIta

Post by EmilyIta »

Write me on discord, I think I have what you need ;)

Discord Athelstan#0925