The Legendary Banksitter's Guide to Sampire for Spawns

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Alhimikut

The Legendary Banksitter's Guide to Sampire for Spawns

Post by Alhimikut »

I know that upon opening this your first thought is that there are a ton of sampire guides, what could I possibly say that isn’t said anymore. However recently, watching I came to the conclusion that this is absolutely not true. All the guides that currently exist are scattered, you have to dig for info for hours and the info is actually incorrect. Watching some recent videos (Morto’s beldam video) and talking to people I came to the conclusion that the entire sampire community on demise is using wrong templates and plays inefficiently.

In this guide I will show a detailed system of what gender, skills, stats and armor/weapons to use to be maximum efficient at spawns. I will also share detailed macros that I couldn’t find anywhere in order to make starting a sampire a piece of cake. Also in my recent searches I came to discover what only a few people have done and in this guide will give you the key to a total next level of sampiring. A small change that will shatter your understanding of sampire gameplay. You will wonder how you didn’t see this before.
So let’s begin and welcome to the new age of Demise sampire :)

1) Choosing Gender and Race:
Female- for two reasons- first you can wear both male and female armor and second and most important- succubus will do less damage to you and that is of most importance.
Human- even if you are tempted by the elf having more mana you should go for Human because of the JOAT. The passive 20 Spirit Speak will give you a 6 second Curse Weapon which will save your life in numerous occasions. It is a must in every gameplay.

2) Choosing Stats:
The game changer here is that you will be playing with 85+ mana, which in most common sets will be about 85+ int. On my current build I am 87 int and 94 mana.
Having that much mana is of most importance because you will be combating creatures that cast Drain Mana on you and if you are 40 or 50 mana you will be at 0 after they drain you which means you are dead usually. The 95 mana will leave you with at least 30 mana after the drain which is enough to trigger all your specials and be back in the game. This small thing changes the game entirely. Spawns become faster like 2 times faster, you become more invincible.
Having that much int will leave you with a lot less stamina. A normal samprie set will have at least 35+ stamina increase and your goal is to have about 120+ stamina. In my current set I am with 87 dexterity and 125 stamina.
The idea is that you will be using 35+ SSI Bstaff and it will swing at 1,25 sec at 90 stamina. Having more, for instance 125 is necessary so that you can take some curses and some dmg and still hit at max speed.
The rest of the stats is left for str. I run with 110 str and 120 hp. It is a low number but seems to be sufficient. A good set will help you have more hp.

3) Choosing Skills:
The general sampire skill set will apply here. I will not explain why those skills because it is already a common knowledge from all the existing guides.
120 Mace Fighting: yes its mace, even if you have the best 5 mod, all 50 props daxe in the world you will still be bested by the 4 mod 40 ssi bstaff because with the daxe you are most likely not going to have 87 int and 200 stamina ;)
120 Bushido: its obvious- to max out Whirwind dmg- your main spell.
120 Parrying: more parry, more counter attacks = more dmg.
100 Resisting Spells: a must to get the curse and mana drain effects to minimum (you can do 80 here and 120 tactics)
100 Tactics: More damage from this, dmg is your friend ;) (can do 120 here and 80 Resisting spells)
100 Necromancy: In order to cast and sustain Vampiric Embrace.
60 Chivalry: to be able to cast all necessary chivalry spells

If you happen to have a nice suit with some more skill you can put it on tactics for more dmg.

4) Choosing Armor:

As from all other literature you know that Stamina increase is most important. A good sampire piece will have Stamina increase and Lower Mana Cost. Other props are Mana Increase and Hit points increase.
The most common builds of late are the Leggings of Bane on legs slot for the 20 HCI, Mace and Shield glasses on Head slot and the rest of the items are tailor crafted pieces with SI, LMC, HPI, MI, whatever you can find. Your aim is to have at least 30+ Stamina Increase and 65+ ressits (better be at 70).
Having a Trinket is a must of course- free Undead slayer and much needed HCI which lowers the stress on your jewelry.
Having a Quiver of Infinity is also nice because it gives 5 DCI and in most cases that is all the DCI you will get and need.
If you happen to fix all resists with the tailor runics you can equip a Conjurer’s Garb for that extra 5 DCI and have 10 DCI which is more than enough. As you know having more than 15 DCI will have an opposite effect and lower your Counter attacks so try not to over do it. You want to get hit as much as possible.

About jewelry. You will need to gather a total of at least 12 HCI on both ring and bracelet because having 20 HCI on banes and 10 on Trinket you need 12 more to get to 42 HCI which is equal to the cap of 45 HCI.

Other necessary prop is FC/FCR. You must aim for 2/6 here OR at least 2/4. This will help you cast the bushido and chivalry spells a lot faster and this is simply a game changer. Not having this means you are slower and weaker. Don’t try to argue with that, it’s a must. Its even better if you can go 4/6 but unfortunately its not possible while maintaining all other props.

The next prop is DI. You aim is to be 100DI which means you will aim for 20 DI at ring and brace. Now if you can’t find the jewels you need you can always sacrifice brace for Orny and use the fc/fcr it gives you. Loosing 20 DI is not that big of a deal.

If you manage to find a perfect 5 mod ring/brace the 5th mod will be DCI or LMC ;)

WEAPON: As pointed out in comments ideally you will be best with Slayer, HML, HSL, Hit Area, 10 SSI, keeping the 170 stamina and 40-50 int. However such weapons exist in single numbers if even exist.
For the rest of us this one will be the only one we will even need- that is Black Staff with 4 mods: Hit Area effect, Hit Mana Leech, Hit Stamina Leech, 35+ SSI.

Props should be at least 25+. I am currently using a bstaff with around 35 props and 28 Hml and it seems to be enough.
The swing speed increase is a must at 35 or 40 you will swing at 1,25 sec at 90 stamina. As we figured above you will have about 125 stamina which leaves you open to some curses and dmg without loosing max swing.

This staff, combined with the 90 mana is a game changer. Only a few ppl know and do it and its simply amazing.
My best solo Humility Spawn times at 4 candles with it are 15 mins for easy spawns like Neira and Coon, 20 mins for Riki and 25 mins for Mephi and Semidar. And that is without even trying. I am sure that with a little practice I can go a few minutes lower.

A video by Morto can be found on forum doing Bedlam in 34 mins. With some practice it probably can be done in 30 mins.
So you can now compare your best times and see if the above doesn’t take the game to a whole new level.

5) Macros: All for UO Steam

Now I searched a lot on forums and all the info on macros is not complete. Its normal, everybody saves their super pro macros and wants to be the best. I will share mine here. Don’t know if they are good but seem good enough to me. Any suggestions how to better them will be welcome.
First thing to do is change a file called bufficons.xml, located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\UOS\Data

Once there, open in Notepad and add the following:

<icon id="1001" name="DismountPrevention"/>
<icon id="1002" name="NoRearm"/>
<icon id="1005" name="NightSight"/>
<icon id="1006" name="DeathStrike"/>
<icon id="1007" name="EvilOmen"/>
<icon id="1008" name="Honored"/>
<icon id="1009" name="AchievePerfection"/>
<icon id="1010" name="DivineFury"/>
<icon id="1011" name="EnemyOfOne"/>
<icon id="1012" name="HidingAndOrStealth"/>
<icon id="1013" name="ActiveMeditation"/>
<icon id="1014" name="BloodOathCaster"/>
<icon id="1015" name="BloodOathCurse"/>
<icon id="1016" name="CorpseSkin"/>
<icon id="1017" name="Mindrot"/>
<icon id="1018" name="PainSpike"/>
<icon id="1019" name="Strangle"/>
<icon id="1020" name="GiftOfRenewal"/>
<icon id="1021" name="AttuneWeapon"/>
<icon id="1022" name="Thunderstorm"/>
<icon id="1023" name="EssenceOfWind"/>
<icon id="1024" name="EtherealVoyage"/>
<icon id="1025" name="GiftOfLife"/>
<icon id="1026" name="ArcaneEmpowerment"/>
<icon id="1027" name="MortalStrike"/>
<icon id="1028" name="ReactiveArmor"/>
<icon id="1029" name="Protection"/>
<icon id="1030" name="ArchProtection"/>
<icon id="1031" name="MagicReflection"/>
<icon id="1032" name="Incognito"/>
<icon id="1033" name="Disguised"/>
<icon id="1034" name="AnimalForm"/>
<icon id="1035" name="Polymorph"/>
<icon id="1036" name="Invisibility"/>
<icon id="1037" name="Paralyze"/>
<icon id="1038" name="Poison"/>
<icon id="1039" name="Bleed"/>
<icon id="1040" name="Clumsy"/>
<icon id="1041" name="FeebleMinded"/>
<icon id="1042" name="Weaken"/>
<icon id="1043" name="Curse"/>
<icon id="1044" name="MassCurse"/>
<icon id="1045" name="Agility"/>
<icon id="1046" name="Cunning"/>
<icon id="1047" name="Strength"/>
<icon id="1048" name="Bless"/>
<icon id="1049" name="Sleep"/>
<icon id="1050" name="StoneForm"/>
<icon id="1051" name="SpellPlague"/>
<icon id="1052" name="GargoyleBerserk"/>
<icon id="1054" name="Fly"/>
<icon id="1055" name="Inspire"/>
<icon id="1056" name="Invigorate"/>
<icon id="1057" name="Resilience"/>
<icon id="1058" name="Perseverance"/>
<icon id="1059" name="Tribulation"/>
<icon id="1060" name="Despair"/>
<icon id="1061" name="ArcaneEmpowerment2"/>
<icon id="1062" name="MagicFishBuff"/>
<icon id="1063" name="HitLowerAttack"/>
<icon id="1064" name="HitLowerDefense"/>
<icon id="1065" name="HitDualWield"/>
<icon id="1066" name="Block"/>
<icon id="1067" name="DefenseMastery"/>
<icon id="1068" name="DespairBard"/>
<icon id="1069" name="HealingSkill"/>
<icon id="1070" name="SpellFocusing"/>
<icon id="1071" name="SpellFocusingDebuff"/>
<icon id="1072" name="RageFocusingDebuff"/>
<icon id="1073" name="RageFocusing"/>
<icon id="1074" name="Warding"/>
<icon id="1075" name="TribulationBard"/>
<icon id="1076" name="ForceArrow"/>
<icon id="1077" name="Disarm"/>
<icon id="1078" name="Surge"/>
<icon id="1079" name="Feint"/>
<icon id="1080" name="TalonStrike"/>
<icon id="1081" name="PsychicAttack"/>
<icon id="1082" name="Consecrate"/>
<icon id="1083" name="GrapesOfWrath"/>
<icon id="1084" name="EnemyOfOneDebuff"/>
<icon id="1085" name="HorrificBeast"/>
<icon id="1086" name="LichForm"/>
<icon id="1087" name="VampiricEmbrace"/>
<icon id="1088" name="CurseWeapon"/>
<icon id="1089" name="ReaperForm"/>
<icon id="1090" name="ImmolatingWeapon"/>
<icon id="1091" name="Enchant"/>
<icon id="1092" name="HonorableExecution"/>
<icon id="1093" name="Confidence"/>
<icon id="1094" name="Evasion"/>
<icon id="1095" name="CounterAttack"/>
<icon id="1096" name="LightningStrike"/>
<icon id="1097" name="MomentumStrike"/>
<icon id="1098" name="OrangePetals"/>
<icon id="1099" name="RoseOfTrinsicPetals"/>
<icon id="1100" name="PoisonResistance"/>
<icon id="1101" name="Veterinary"/>
<icon id="1102" name="Perfection"/>
<icon id="1103" name="Honored2"/>
<icon id="1104" name="ManaPhase"/>
<icon id="1105" name="FandancerFanFire"/>
<icon id="1106" name="Rage"/>
<icon id="1107" name="Webbing"/>
<icon id="1108" name="MedusaStone"/>
<icon id="1109" name="DragonSlasherFear"/>
<icon id="1110" name="AuraOfNausea"/>
<icon id="1111" name="HowlOfCacophony"/>
<icon id="1112" name="GazeDespair"/>
<icon id="1113" name="HiryuPhysicalResistance"/>
<icon id="1114" name="RuneBeetleCorruption"/>
<icon id="1115" name="BloodwormAnemia"/>
<icon id="1116" name="RotwormBloodDisease"/>
<icon id="1117" name="SkillUseDelay"/>
<icon id="1118" name="FactionStatLoss"/>
<icon id="1119" name="HeatOfBattle"/>
<icon id="1120" name="Criminal"/>
<icon id="1121" name="ArmorPierce"/>
<icon id="1122" name="Splintering"/>
<icon id="1123" name="SwingSpeedDebuff"/>
<icon id="1124" name="WraithForm"/>
<icon id="1125" name="HonorableExecution2"/>
<icon id="1126" name="CityTradeDeal"/>

Once you have done that its time to show my macro system. If you don’t want to do any thinking, name them as I did because they call each other. If you want your names, make sure you change the names when they call each other.

I.) Macro to target all mobs on spawn and make them attack you. I named it “Spawn” and have hot keyed it to my X button. Make sure you check Loop and Do not Autointerrupt

@getenemy 'enemy' 'criminal' 'grey' 'murderer'
attack 'enemy'
pause 10

II.) Once you gathered them all you need to attack the closest to you. I do that with a macro called “attack close”. Do not check loop or Autointerrupt. I Call it with mouse scroll up button

setability 'primary' on
getenemy 'criminal' 'enemy' 'murderer' 'grey' 'closest'
attack 'enemy'
@headmsg '<<Target>>' 45 'enemy' //you can go without this line, I use it to better see where my current target is
pause 10
playmacro 'primary'

III.) Once you have attacked closest enemy it will automatically call your primary fighting macro. I name it “primary” and you should check loop and do not autointerupt. Adjust pauses according to your ping (or remove them entirely). Test it out, see what works best for you. I call it without other macros but if I need to call only this I do it with Q button.

setability 'primary' on
attack 'enemy'
if not buffexists 'Counter attack'
cast 'Counter attack'
//pause 420
endif
if 'stam' >= 90 and not buffexists 'Consecrate Weapon'
if 'mana' > 20
cast 'Consecrate Weapon'
// pause 400
endif
endif
if 'stam' <= 60 and 'hits' >= 70
cast 'Divine Fury'
//pause 400
endif
if not inrange 'enemy' 2 and 'hits' >= 117
playmacro 'attack close range'
elseif not inrange 'enemy' 2 and 'hits' < 117
playmacro 'attack close'
endif
if dead self
logoutbutton
endif

The macro works this way: it makes sure Counter Attack and Consecrate weapon is always up. If you are low on stamina but have enough health it will cast divine fury to refresh your stamina. When the current mob you are attacking dies or moves more than 2 tiles the macro will either auto attack another mob if you are low on health or if your health is well it will attack up to 10 mobs around you to make them come closer (this happens by calling another macro. Also if you happen to die it will immediately log you out so that your pet doesn’t die.

IV.) I also use a macro that will target fast some mobs around me. Its similar to SPAWN macro but with a smaller range. I call it from time to time. No matter how you call it. Make sure that you do not check loop and do not autoitnerupt. I call it with mouse scroll down button.

for 40
attack 'enemy'
pause 10
endfor
playmacro 'attack close'

IV. 1) The above macro exists in version for 10 mobs and it is auto called by Primary macro. I name it "attack close range". Make sure you do not set loop or autointerrupt.

for 10
attack 'enemy'
pause 10
endfor
playmacro 'attack close'

V.) As I said earlier its important to use Curse Weapon when making big pulls or in trouble. I used to call it with a hot key but then decided its more effective if I call it with macro. Check Do not autointerrupt. Adjust pause according to ping. I call it with G button

if not buffexists 'Curse Weapon'
cast 'Curse Weapon'
pause 420
endif
playmacro 'attack close'

VI.) Also when i make big pulls I cast evasion and confidence in order to lessen some dmg. I do that with a macro so that it will stop my Counter attack macro.:

cast 'Evasion'

Same for confidence. Confidence is used to heal you when you parry if you are pulling mele mobs

VII.) When the boss comes out I will Honor him, cast enemy of one and use lightning strike with this macro. Make sure to call it every time because it calls attack close which will in turn call whirwind special instead of lightning strike. So hot key it and call It every time you happen to retarget ;) Loop and Donotautointerrupt it

attack 'enemy'
if not buffexists 'Lightning Strike'
cast 'Lightning Strike'
pause 420
endif
if not buffexists 'Counter attack'
cast 'Counter attack'
// pause 420
endif
if 'stam' >= 90 and not buffexists 'Consecrate Weapon'
cast 'Consecrate Weapon'
// pause 420
endif
if 'stam' <= 50 and 'hits' >= 90
cast 'Divine Fury'
//pause 420
endif
if not inrange 'enemy' 2
playmacro 'attack close'
endif
if dead self
logoutbutton
endif

VIII.) All other chivalry spells and samurai spells you should hot key and remember in case you need.
IF you guys have ideas how to better above macros or any other useful macro, please do share. That is why this guide exists.

6) Spawns Behaviour:

I want to address a nice trick I saw from Morto for when you die. The above macros should immediately log you out so that your swampy stays alive. When you ress make sure you have in yourself a 100% mana leech weapon- Scepter of The Chief, Calm, etc. Hit your dragon twice and you have enough mana for vampiric embrace + chivalry heal ;) It’s a small trick that saves you 1-2 mins every death and if you happen to die a couple of times, those minutes add up.

Now the main idea behind fast spawns is to be fast which means- practice movement. At first 2 waves gather at least 2 screens with Spawn macro and then stop to kill them. Move around with the macro looping, make turns, get them together, then attack closest. Make sure to not stay at one place too long. when only 3-4 mobs are left out of 30 just leave them, you will kill them at next rotation. Wasting time to finish off one by one is not worth it. If they are paragons totally ignore them. Following this idea you will do spawns much faster. Practice! It takes time.

I use Enemy of One each wave to do more dmg.

At waves 3 and 4 loose the big pulls because even though by now you feel invulnerable, you are not. Wave 3 of mephitis for example will destroy you if not careful. I find Enemy of One very useful even though a bit risky. But basically I choose the stronger mob from the wave and take it as my primary enemy. In that case the waves goes fast but you should be careful about your pulls and of course Practice.
Wave 4 goes the same way. I found for myself that without enemy of one I cannot finish Semidar cause of the ton of dmg I get from sucubuss. With Enemy of One the wave goes buttery ;)

Even at bedlam I think enemy of one at wave 3 is the key to doing it in 30 mins but it’s a lot risky and you need to be patient and practice it ;)

Do not forget to valor at the beginning of wave 4. For 4 candles that might be actually wave 3 if you fancy and find the wave harder. For Bedlam its definitely wave 3 to valor.

My best solo Humility Spawn times at 4 candles are 15 mins for easy spawns like Neira and Coon, 20 mins for Riki and 25 mins for Mephi and Semidar.

Bedlam is documented at 34 mins in Morto’s video. My time was 38 mins but I practiced it only 3 times ;)

Oaks- you cannot do wave 4th with a sampire and even if you find a way around it, its still better to refer to my necro mage tamer weaver guide for that.

This guide can go a long way so I am open to any suggestions how to better it. Any useful suggestion will be implemented and edited on the spot, so you don’t have to scroll through 30 pages of comments to find what you need.
Last edited by Alhimikut on January 26th, 2019, 2:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Fermina Daza: Legendary Banksitter
Isabelle Salazar: Noob Sampire
Anti Social: Master of Felucca house hiding
Loler

Re: The Legendary Banksitter's Guide to Sampire for Spawns

Post by Loler »

In the end hit mana area stam and slayer for the spawn u are doing will be best.
You can run 70-100 resist i run 89 so i can run 120 tactics.

Without the ability to disable enemy of one by recasting it its to risky to eoo on 3rd level bedlam although i do eoo the essences on 4th after clearing most of 3rd lvl back spawn. If they ever add woo toggle off like osi did i recommend eoo on plague beast till the room plague beasts are all dead or in corners and then toggle off and on for the grizzles then when you go for ur next pull toggle it back off currently not possible.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Alhimikut likes this.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

All guide about WW sampire... bleh boooring. :)
go go go for records in killing perleses :)

ps. im reading it for second time and i still cannot find the game chaning mechanics? im doing it wrong or?

ps2. If they will implement more items with SSi u will make new guide with axes > maces? :D

Sword / Axes > Boooring maces.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

If you dont see it... you dont see it.. dont want to argue over the merits of anything. Sampires is like do it yourself home heating... everybody thinks they can do it and everybody runs with half finished, half successful chars ;)
If you think daxe is better.. play with daxe... the time is yours to waste :)
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Alhimikut wrote:If you dont see it... you dont see it.. dont want to argue over the merits of anything. Sampires is like do it yourself home heating... everybody thinks they can do it and everybody runs with half finished, half successful chars ;)
If you think daxe is better.. play with daxe... the time is yours to waste :)
I think i can do it :P Since i beat 2018 pvm summer moster challenge :P

But what ever :)
Nothing New here.

ps elf is better cause u can get 5hci on items :>i would change my 6 mod armor for 4 mod + 5 hci but dont have patient to craft :)
ps2 want to see u kill mob solo with BS/ Quater vs DAxe that will have same swing ( eg. 1,25 swing on both)

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

the guide is for a spawning sampire...
kill your yamandons in other topic please :)
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Valkyrie likes this.