Mage Spawn Template

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Madmarz

Mage Spawn Template

Post by Madmarz »

Coming back from a break and bored of the Sampire and Tamer, wanted to make a Necro/weaver/mage for doing some Ilsh spawns and other content solo.

100 Mage
100 Med/scribe?
120 Eval
120 Weaving
60 Necro
60 SS
100 Anatomy
60?/added to others?

Have HoM, sash, CC, violet courage, Orny, Pendent, 13 lrc scapper and quiver

Planning on it being protection and wraith proof, not using a shield, 2/6 should be viable

Just looking for feedback and tweaks, gear ideas. All i see are Archers, tamers and Sampires so no idea if this is viable or anyone running the "semi-pure mage". How well they do at different spawns/peerless etc. Last time i ran a mage was before spellweaving so, not really sure how to allocate the points anymore. Thx in advance to anyone who helps out
Alhimikut

Re: Mage Spawn Template

Post by Alhimikut »

This is the spawn mage build:
120 weave (ether 120 or 96 no point any other value in between)
100 necro (with bloodwood totem)
120 ss (with bloodwood totem)
100 anatomy
120 eval
100 mage (more if you get the free skills)
100 resisting spells (more if you get the free skills)

You need 37+ lmc, 100 lrc, as much as possible sdi, 4/6 fc/fcr and a free hand. DCI is welcome for pvp spawner.
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Fermina Daza: Legendary Banksitter
Isabelle Salazar: Noob Sampire
Anti Social: Master of Felucca house hiding
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Madmarz wrote:Coming back from a break and bored of the Sampire and Tamer, wanted to make a Necro/weaver/mage for doing some Ilsh spawns and other content solo.

100 Mage
100 Med/scribe?
120 Eval
120 Weaving
60 Necro
60 SS
100 Anatomy
60?/added to others?

Have HoM, sash, CC, violet courage, Orny, Pendent, 13 lrc scapper and quiver

Planning on it being protection and wraith proof, not using a shield, 2/6 should be viable

Just looking for feedback and tweaks, gear ideas. All i see are Archers, tamers and Sampires so no idea if this is viable or anyone running the "semi-pure mage". How well they do at different spawns/peerless etc. Last time i ran a mage was before spellweaving so, not really sure how to allocate the points anymore. Thx in advance to anyone who helps out
The problem I see is you will stop leeching mana with thunderstorm and won't have wither to fall back on. Really you need higher ss too for better leeching. I don't have a "The template" just suggestions/discussion.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Alvin likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I've spawned with 0 spiritspeak before just relying on JOAT leech and did fine. Its better for solo spawning. You do have problems leeching mana in smaller packs so just takes a little learning.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

I really love it when a seemingly new guy posts a topic about advise how to make a general template and when somebody gives an advise how to make it right so that they can easily play with a simple suit, you Pros come up with crazy builds with 0 ssi that will require first a higher skill set and experience that the player asking might have and second a crazy suit.
Yeah go ahead.. make a template with 0 ssi. Spawns will be a piece of cake :) Put a much needed Meditation on its place :)
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
The Silvertiger

Alhimikut wrote:I really love it when a seemingly new guy posts a topic about advise how to make a general template and when somebody gives an advise how to make it right so that they can easily play with a simple suit, you Pros come up with crazy builds with 0 ssi that will require first a higher skill set and experience that the player asking might have and second a crazy suit.
Yeah go ahead.. make a template with 0 ssi. Spawns will be a piece of cake :) Put a much needed Meditation on its place :)
Pretty sure madmarz isn't a new guy. Loler was more responding to me than giving advice. And I don't think you gave advice. You just said this is "the" template and left.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on March 3rd, 2019, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

Haven't deleted anything if you are referring to me...
But yes check out the tamer spawner guide i have and just remove taming and lore and add anatomy and eval int/resisting spells.
All the reasons behind why that skill and why the exact value is explained in details there. That is the reason behind my somewhat short and definitive post here.. dont want to type the same thing over and over again.
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
The Silvertiger

Alhimikut wrote:Haven't deleted anything if you are referring to me...
But yes check out the tamer spawner guide i have and just remove taming and lore and add anatomy and eval int/resisting spells.
All the reasons behind why that skill and why the exact value is explained in details there. That is the reason behind my somewhat short and definitive post here.. dont want to type the same thing over and over again.
A link would have been better.

Also for the delete thing, for some reason it wasn't showing that post when I scrolled up, my b.
Selling List & Vendor

Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Duque and The Silvertiger like this.
Madmarz

Post by Madmarz »

Loler wrote:I've spawned with 0 spiritspeak before just relying on JOAT leech and did fine. Its better for solo spawning. You do have problems leeching mana in smaller packs so just takes a little learning.
To clarify I'm not a new player at all, just haven't played a mage (without weapon or pet) since the days of "Bile" and it was purely for PvP. I'm still trying to get the hang of PvM. Silvertiger may or may not remember but we've actually talked a lot, I've been on break :P

As for Loler's post, that's kinda what I'm looking for is something that min/maxes stats. I lost ALL of my gold when my house fell and the rest of my arties so I'm literally starting from scratch other than the few things on my toon(which luckily weren't in the house lol).
I know Alk's template is good, it's the basic setup and proven works. I, however, have no idea the gear needed to make it:
protection proof (is protection even needed or is it a waste? I find myself getting perma-fizzled at spawns), wraith proof, 4/6 (not even sure that's possible without shield being protected) and most importantly SDI. Like crystalline ring is nice, but then casting suffers. Of coarse striving for 70's, 100% lrc is a must. 40 lmc, 16 mr (that even needed? Garb could fill). Anyway, if anyone has a suit that kinda ticks all those boxes (or that you use and have no problem spawning with) and could share it I'd appreciate it to start planning out costs and whatnot. Thx again guys.
The Silvertiger

I can't place your character or forum persona, but I was pretty sure you have been around a long time. For some reason I'm wanting to say zuul, but that's probably way off.
Selling List & Vendor

Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

no need for protection at spawns... with 4/6 casting thunderstorm is fast enough to not be fizled. If you go with crystaline then you will needeto balance fc fcr with no free hand (shield + book). If you go with 1/3 ring orny and scrapers then you will not be max sdi but still can get 50+ sdi and be ok
Legendary Noob

My chars are: