Necro Mage PvM questions

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Ramadash

Necro Mage PvM questions

Post by Ramadash »

Hi all,

I am new to the site, but have been playing Ultima Online since 1999.

Not sure how many old dogs are in here but I've loved this game for a long long time.

I took about a 5 year break during the big housing catastrophe in the early days. We missed out on placing a tower due to a glitch in the server and our account was also hacked that month due to me clicking a link in ICQ (i was 15..)

I came back and played about 6 years before getting bored again

Now, back again.

I can not find good info on using a Necro Weaver in PvM. I think I might have screwed up and made the wrong template... but I am using Necro/SS/Weaving/Magery/Med and Eval

For Champ spawns, i cast Gift of Life, Arch Protection and Wraith form, and spam Wither. I think that's pretty standard, and for levels 1 and 2 it's cake.

levels 3 and 4 and champ though, i feel worthless. Wither doesn't seem to do the trick at these levels leaving me with just my spells.

Can someone assist me in either correcting how I do spawns with this char, or what I should do to the template to make it easier. I know I could add in Taming or Myst for a better template, but those are hard as hell to train.
The Silvertiger

Re: Necro Mage PvM questions

Post by The Silvertiger »

While this is a guide for a tamer, it's principles can be applied to a character without taming:
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... &t=44&p=73

P.s. myst isn't on this server.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
DG

Post by DG »

The main problem for you is that you have nothing to tank for you.Cast feys will help.Having a Cu passively following is better.
Last edited by DG on April 12th, 2019, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

energy vortexes, animate dead, parafields are the classic ways to do spawns.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Talk to me via discord i will help you on spawns
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573