Guide to collect keys for Shimmering

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
scatman

Guide to collect keys for Shimmering

Post by scatman »

Hi,
I would like to present an easy way to collect keys for shimmering, it's a good method to farm decent gold for beginners and advanced players. For those who do not know it's probably the strongest peerless and there is only one way to solo it(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq_PQK5ggKs)but in the same time most rewarding because the second artie he drops is the crystalline which has comparable value to Crimson Cincture(once I received cc and crystalline from one loot). You can always sell the keys if you are not enough motivated to solo it(you can get even 50 keys sets daily which is 10-15kk).Personally I used to farm it with whammy and that's the fastest character I know to this job.
I will start from the gear and do not worry it does not have to be even average and expensive, forget about trinkets.

You need three weapons:
ash blackstaff with reptile slayer for room 2
ash blackstaff with at least stamina leech(if hit area you'll have higher chances to survive in 3rd room)
pixie swatter for room 4

For room 1 and 5 you use any weapon you want, although it's recommended to use ice slayer talisman for room 5(there are 5 rooms in prism of light)

Talismans:
Ice Slayer Talisman(easy to obtain from other players for pennies)
and the one with 20 DI. (try to reach 80 di each room, except room number 5)

In case of the armor 155 stamina should be enough but if you have more you'll have higher chance to swing, hit, leech and survive. You can gear yourself up with 4 modded armor. Leggins of Bane and HLD glasses are rather required, did not test prism of light without them(maybe totem will work out) and these are most expensive part of the suit.

Skills:

viewtopic.php?t=314

you can use skills mentioned in this topic, however I prefer to use anatomy instead of resisting spells, although creatures in this dungeon use mana drain so you need to swing like in 50's.

HCI Personally I use 40 hci but I wouldn't risk get lower than that.
DCI around 20, when you use divine fury your dci is lowered by 20 this allows you to parry and counter attack(leech, survive)
2fc that part is very important since you gonna use divine fury, cosecrate weapon, curse weapon and enemy of one - don't forget to use these spells

if fcr would be great, but it might be quite expensive to get such jewelry.

Macro for an easy, effective fight:

https://megawrzuta.pl/download/610c54ad ... 62bd8.html

Keep in mind that in all rooms you'll have to use wraith form... unless you have weapon with high mana leech.

Macro for placing keys to the pouch:

https://megawrzuta.pl/download/b6110a02 ... ca59b.html

All you got to do is to place pouch on the ground and turn the macro on.

will try to keep updating this small guide, if you have any advices, ideas post here or pm.
Last edited by scatman on April 29th, 2020, 2:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Silvertiger

Re: Guide to collect keys for Shimmering

Post by The Silvertiger »

I can't find my video! I think my fastest time was 9 minutes with only one add. Normally, 14-15 minutes. It is actually harder with a group of people if they don't know the mechanics.

Here's Tanya's video of soloing:

Very enjoyable and rewarding fight. If I didn't do 100 of these it was very close and I solo'd about half. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
scatman likes this.