Sampire Bible - Everything you need to know

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
adid/\s

Re: Sampire Bible - Everything you need to know

Post by adid/\s »

Bushido increse chance to parry , bushido lower perfection hits that needed to achive perfection , bushido increase %critical strike .
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

bummp
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Xionu likes this.
feupa

Post by feupa »

Someone can explain to me the build for counter Attack?

How it works?? Use a set without DCI give more chances hit the Counter Attack? I tested a little and thats what its look like using more counters, someone can confirme that?

I am with those stats at the moment:

But i can put an Orny and use a weapon with FC 1, then will be FC 4, FCR 6, LMC 38 if it helps or necessary...
Don't care about the resists... i can better that but dont want to use ari, fire earing and train inscribe :D

And i am using those skills at the moment:

Name | Value | Base | Cap | +/-
---------------------------------------------------------
Bushido | 120 | 120 | 120 | 0
Fencing | 120 | 120 | 120 | 0
Anatomy | 100 | 100 | 115 | 0
Necromancy | 100 | 100 | 100 | 0
Parrying | 100 | 100 | 100 | 0
Tactics | 100 | 100 | 115 | 0
Chivalry | 80 | 80 | 100 | 0

I use Anatomy or Resists (depends the mob that i'm hunting and i should put Chiva 60 and parry 120, use 80 to sacrifice if need), the build should be diferent in this case to use Counter Attack?

Just curious if someone can explain better the idea of that...

thanks...
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I run 60 chiv, so I run 120 anat[resist.] Use +chiv jewels for sacrifice. With 20 dci on suit you can divine fury to 0 dci and perfect counter attack. 4/6 isn't necessary. I wouldn't sacrifice useful mods for it: di80, hci40, dci 20. GL HF!!!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

feupa wrote: Use a set without DCI give more chances hit the Counter Attack? I tested a little and thats what its look like using more counters, someone can confirme that?
I've tested this only on Travesty and got following results:
(I've wrote a macro to count CA, must use the protection spell in this test so casting never fails)
27 dci - 39 CA
42 dci - 52 CA
45 dci - 50 CA
-20 dci - 63 CA
0 dci - 70 CA
So best was with 0 dci for this test
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
feupa

Post by feupa »

Tanya wrote: I've tested this only on Travesty and got following results:
(I've wrote a macro to count CA, must use the protection spell in this test so casting never fails)
27 dci - 39 CA
42 dci - 52 CA
45 dci - 50 CA
-20 dci - 63 CA
0 dci - 70 CA
So best was with 0 dci for this test
And you think it worth? 70 CA that hits what? Barely 100? 7k of 100k from his life... maybe its better have more DCI and dont get Hit sometimes?

Were using 4/6?
The Silvertiger wrote:I run 60 chiv, so I run 120 anat[resist.] Use +chiv jewels for sacrifice. With 20 dci on suit you can divine fury to 0 dci and perfect counter attack. 4/6 isn't necessary. I wouldn't sacrifice useful mods for it: di80, hci40, dci 20. GL HF!!!
Nice, i am using 2/6 and it works pretty well, maybe change some stuffs to get 1/2 hci di jowels... mine dont have DI (like you can see the stats), if i put orny will just get it better (because i dont have better jowels to this set).
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

feupa wrote: And you think it worth? 70 CA that hits what? Barely 100? 7k of 100k from his life... maybe its better have more DCI and dont get Hit sometimes?

Were using 4/6?
No, 4/6 is too much I think, 2/6 or 2/5 can be already perfect. (but i've never tested 4/6)
For the test I was 0 fc 5 fcr (0 fc because of protection spell, otherwise will be difficult count them with a macro)
But in real I have 2/6 if using inquis + orny, or less because have no better jewels yet.
Yea sometimes nice to have more dci, but on easy monsters like travesty its +- same and not much difference
Peerless Hunter
feupa

Post by feupa »

Nice, i will test in DH and Paroxy
Tanya likes this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I believe the original article Indika wrote explains why counterstrike works more frequently without DCI
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Indika wrote:
XI. How an enemy takes a hit, and when does DCI/Counterattack work?

Here is another discussion about how an enemy takes a hit against you. After Skill and Hit Chance is taken into account the hit travels through a few check points before it actually follows through. Here is the order of defenses that a hit must make it's way through, in order:

1st. Innate Miss - The enemy misses you due to lack of skill, or hit chance. It does not travel through the other check points.

2nd. Your weapon skill - Having a weapon skill offers a defensive bonus of Skill vs Skill.

3rd. Parry - As we all know, parry allows you to mitigate melee attacks.

4th. Defense Chance Increase - That little bubble appears that let's you know they tried to hit you and DCI stopped it. *

5th. Block - The Bushido/Parry mechanic that I discussed previously. A hit must travel through all the check points before your character has a chance to block the attack and use your current stance **

6th. Hit - You take the hit. The hit traveled through all the checkpoints without getting stopped, and you finally take damage.

* The reason why I push for 20% DCI on a sampire is because you actually DONT want DCI to stop the hit. You actually want the hit to travel through your DCI and get stopped by the 5th check point, which is the block mechanic, which allows you to Counter Attack.

** This is the most ideal check point for a hit to get stopped on
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Maybe I am wrong but i think it checks DCI first and then parry, I mean:

3rd. Parry - As we all know, parry allows you to mitigate melee attacks.
4th. Defense Chance Increase - That little bubble appears that let's you know they tried to hit you and DCI stopped it. *

and I think it should be:

3th. Defense Chance Increase - That little bubble appears that let's you know they tried to hit you and DCI stopped it. *
4rd. Parry - As we all know, parry allows you to mitigate melee attacks.
Peerless Hunter
Loler

Post by Loler »

5th. Block - The Bushido/Parry mechanic that I discussed previously. A hit must travel through all the check points before your character has a chance to block the attack and use your current stance **

Nah it checks parry first. but block and parry arent the same mechanic.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
royal kapero2 likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Where's the runuo script that deals with this?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tanya likes this.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

^^
+ SW ofcourse so it is more poweeeerrrfullllll!!

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Indika likes this.
Indika

Post by Indika »

Shallan wrote:Image

^^
+ SW ofcourse so it is more poweeeerrrfullllll!!
my favorite part is the 69 damage increase ;)