Sampire Bible - Everything you need to know

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Tanya

Re: Sampire Bible - Everything you need to know

Post by Tanya »

TheBeef wrote:Made my Sampire about a week ago. I am enjoying him quite a bit, but I don't feel like I hit as hard as other people. I've been farming Miasma with a scorpion slayer black staff. I don't struggle. But there is an AFK sampire that I see kill Miasma in 5-6 swings. It takes me 3 times that many. Here is the build. I am running 120 mace, 120 bush, 120 parry, 115 tactics, 105 resists, 100 necro, and 60 chiv (with jewelry). What can I be doing better?
Can replace resist with anatomy (on miasma don't really need resist)
and second improvement will be to use a weapon with double strike, like quarter staff.
Maybe also try to increase mana and lmc on the suit.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

a
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bump
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

I have a question.

Is resist even that necessary? I mean, I can go around with trapped puches, and there's enchantes apples and potions. Al resists high around 70's will reduce a lot of damage with parry and counterattack, so I guess my question is...

why MUST I spend 100 skill points just to reduce para, decrease magically inflicted poison (while a non resistable roting corpse might poison me harder) and all that stuff that resisting spells do that I find crucial in pvp, but can't find a reason why is a MUST in this sampire guide?

What spell effects I MUST resist or I die?
The Silvertiger

Siemo wrote:I have a question.

Is resist even that necessary? I mean, I can go around with trapped puches, and there's enchantes apples and potions. Al resists high around 70's will reduce a lot of damage with parry and counterattack, so I guess my question is...

why MUST I spend 100 skill points just to reduce para, decrease magically inflicted poison (while a non resistable roting corpse might poison me harder) and all that stuff that resisting spells do that I find crucial in pvp, but can't find a reason why is a MUST in this sampire guide?

What spell effects I MUST resist or I die?
When you've ate an apple and get bloodoathed before the timer is up it can really suck especially if you're hitting over 200 every swing. That's the main reason. If you're fighting dreadhorn it's nice to have that spell damage reduction after he hits you for three flamstrikes in a row and it does happen. When fighting creatures that can do between 50-100 per hit, I'd hate to get hit for 50-60 just to break a para. Mainly, you just have to know what you are fighting.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on May 27th, 2017, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
hrs024 likes this.
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

Ah. Ok.
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

hey thanks for the guide it really helps

I have a question, I'm gearing for gauntlet and after burning a lot of hammers only got 2 slayers, they have stamina but no mana leech.
Is there a way I can still success without ML or I shouldn't even try?
The Silvertiger

There is a way, but it requires a slightly different template.
Selling List & Vendor

Chacal

Post by Chacal »

AR9221 wrote:hey thanks for the guide it really helps

I have a question, I'm gearing for gauntlet and after burning a lot of hammers only got 2 slayers, they have stamina but no mana leech.
Is there a way I can still success without ML or I shouldn't even try?
I'm not the most experienced person, but sounds as a bad ideia to me. Unless you feel a true necessity to use your own wep, I do not think it would be so hard to find some slayer with mana leech to buy either.
Chacal #5588
elder rigmarole philosopher
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

Oh, one thing, can someone clarify the thing about bushido + shield to me? I see some ppl holding shields and they seem to be sampires, but I thought shields was a bad ideia for samps. Is there any scenario that a shield is viable despite the disadvantages or probably those shield guys don't use bushido?
Chacal #5588
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Chacal wrote:Oh, one thing, can someone clarify the thing about bushido + shield to me? I see some ppl holding shields and they seem to be sampires, but I thought shields was a bad ideia for samps. Is there any scenario that a shield is viable despite the disadvantages or probably those shield guys don't use bushido?
I think if they use shield, they don't have parry and trying to get more DCI, and they have bushido+anatomy+resist.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

Chacal wrote:Oh, one thing, can someone clarify the thing about bushido + shield to me? I see some ppl holding shields and they seem to be sampires, but I thought shields was a bad ideia for samps. Is there any scenario that a shield is viable despite the disadvantages or probably those shield guys don't use bushido?
Bushido with a shield gives you 0 parry chance.

What you have to understand is that hit/defence chance and parry chance work separately.

First, your weapon skill and HCI will face off against your opponent's weapon skill and HCI (or anatomy + wres), determining if the swing hits or misses. Here if there is a hit lower attack or defense it means -25% to that stat for the affected party.

After that, if the swing was a hit, enters parry chance.

But parry chance is 0 if your parrying skill is 0, regardless of weapons and shields used. Having no dex virtually diminishes your parry chances but not to 0. It's just a pen. With 10 dex and 20 Parry I can have 1% parry chance. With 125 dex and 0 parry I get 0 parry chance.

So my guess would be that these guys are not running parry (wich is kinda weird for a sampire) and are using the shield for the bonus stats that wearing an aditional slot gives.

If you have max weapon skill and HCI, and overcome or are not affected by HLD, and your opponent is the same defensively, there will be 50% of hitting and missing, so the defensive capabilities are not trash, but certainly not for a sampire. My last guess would be that these "sampires" are actually pvp characters. They drop parry for alchemy, for the bonus to potions, or something similar.
hrs024 likes this.
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

That was a pretty chock-full answer, Siemo. Rly thanks.
Thank you, Tanya too.
Chacal #5588
The Silvertiger

Well, their thought probably is I'm getting enough back in life that I don't need to block (probably don't understand or are too lazy for counterattack) the enemy's hits... With running anatomy over parry they get an added di boost, as well... Or maybe they're too poor to afford pieces that put hci o their suit in other ways...
Selling List & Vendor

Siemo

Post by Siemo »

The Silvertiger wrote:Well, their thought probably is I'm getting enough back in life that I don't need to block (probably don't understand or are too lazy for counterattack) the enemy's hits... With running anatomy over parry they get an added di boost, as well... Or maybe they're too poor to afford pieces that put hci o their suit in other ways...
HCI on shield is certainly not for poor people though lol