Shimmering Effusion | Momentum Strike

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
kolbycrouch

Re: Shimmering Effusion | Momentum Strike

Post by kolbycrouch »

can be done with bushido/parry whammy.

when the the weak adds spawn, AI them down quickly with your leafblade.

if its the brume, you'll probably die, res, honor yourself and kill the brume before going back onto the boss.

I've done it several times with a couple deaths each run. Just make sure your honor is high.

Mirror image only gives 80% mitigation against damaging attacks at 120. The AOE of the monsters along with wildfire eats mirrors, you won't have enough mana to sustain them.

Having it's stam low isn't a huge benefit either, seeing as much of the damage comes from it's magery and the additional mobs.

All in all, I've tried about every template imaginable, it takes about 40 minutes with a SW tamer no deaths. It takes me about 20-25 minutes with a whammy getting about 1-3 deaths per boss.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

4 years later it's done!
(ok, 2 years I didn't play, 1 year I needed to get back into the game again...)

Killing Shimmering on Sampire

And here is my setup:

Sampire and Backup
I moved in with one pet rezzer in the safe zone, my Sampire going in on the Shimmering.
This pet rezzer had all the stuff on it my sampire may need further on: scrolls for vamp embrace and curse weapon, also enchanted apples and dragon barding deeds, obviously bandages too. For reasons of convenience, the pet rezzer also had an auto-heal macro on, so as soon as my Sampire would come near, he would get healed.

The setup of the Sampire you can see above - the suit is not over the top, apart from the Trinket. It can still get better.
As a primary weapon I used a Leafblade of Ease with SSI25, Mana and Stam leach. Feint was not needed, I used Armor Ignore like 80-90% of the time.
When additional spawn arrived, there were two methods:
  • first, stay in combat with the leafblade and put on Momentum Strike
  • second, run, change to Black Staff and use Whirlwind
I think using Black Staff was more efficient, but I was too excited to pay proper attention on what is the better combo :)

Sampire in the thick of it
The Shimmering Effusion itself could be done afk, if not for the additional spawn. That is to say: put a macro on, use Curse Weapon scrolls, eat your apples - that's it.
It could be noted that the regular swampie appears to be necessary, parox swampie's armor was not enough in previous attempts.

When the additional spawn arrives, I waited until they targeted me, then switched to one of the modes above.
I noticed that running away is sometimes an option, but when already low on HP, it may be the wrong thing to do: some of mobs seem to have some ranged attacks and hit hard, so I died quite a few times when running away.

All in all I died 10 times, and ran to safe zone some times more.
Without my named field hospital and it's provisions I wouldn't have made it - it rezzed and healed, and it provided scrolls and stuff so I didn't have it all on my corpse.

Returning to the battle, going for the additional spawn was a priority, but sometimes it's better to have the adds close to Shim, as this allowed better healing.

So the final trick really was to not lose Honor on Shimmering.
As simple as it sounds, it took me some time to take this into my setup, so I had one bunch of macros for Shimmering, and another tailored without Honoring for the additional spawn.

Total time was like 35-40mins.

Summary
The time and ressources needed to do it for a Sampire are intense, fully afk'ing it's not doable.
So most players will not think this worth doing.

I enjoyed it very much, another riddle solved, another challenge mastered - that's what games are made for :)

For those who want melee the Shimmering, here are some vids of other players with Whammy:
https://community.stratics.com/threads/ ... on.272892/
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
ortiz and flex like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Gargl Kark wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 6:06 amanother challenge mastered -
It is not mastered until you do it deathless. Nice write up, tho. I very much enjoyed fighting this peerless with my whammy archer tamer. I've seen people do it with a spellcaster tamer as well. Would love to see melee or archer no taming solo it deathless, though. Might could use pixies with an archer idk.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

The Silvertiger wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 2:36 pm deathless.
oooookay. I'll work on it. Some day.

Loler

Post by Loler »

I did it 4 out of 5 time deathless (1 of the 5 attempts i did die) on a wampire 100% scripted.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Loler wrote: March 4th, 2021, 11:59 am I did it 4 out of 5 time deathless (1 of the 5 attempts i did die) on a wampire 100% scripted.
very cool - congrats!
any hints?

Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Shim:
* used Feint and AI in turn
* used only black staff with Momentum Strike on additional spawn
* worked much faster, died only twice due to running away at the wrong time
* better timing: when additional spawn arrives, hit on Shim until health is fine, then run, change to staff, go in again

Loler

Post by Loler »

i recommend trying curse weapon instead of vamp form. its a 50% life steal instead of 20% of vamp. just remember if you swap weapons you have to recast. curse weapon on works for the weapon you casted it with the buff is actually down the second you remove your wep from hand even if it doesnt show in the buff bar properly.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Loler wrote: March 12th, 2021, 12:49 am i recommend trying curse weapon instead of vamp form. its a 50% life steal instead of 20% of vamp. just remember if you swap weapons you have to recast. curse weapon on works for the weapon you casted it with the buff is actually down the second you remove your wep from hand even if it doesnt show in the buff bar properly.
I used both - but if Vamp form is not needed, then I have 100 skill points free to distribute. Maybe use Anatomy then for the extra damage?

Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Gargl Kark wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 4:55 pm
The Silvertiger wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 2:36 pm deathless.
oooookay. I'll work on it. Some day.
....aaaaand DONE!

I made progress one step after the other, this is a consice list of the things that ultimately lead to success:
* greater refresh pots instead of Divine Fury: can't afford low DCI
* making sure honor is NEVER auto-called: I honored Shim manually at the beginning.
* stand close to the exit. That alone eradicated most deaths (ranged attacks, late damage)
* if more than one extra mob is there, run to exit, go back and single them out, or honor self and take them down then
* if Corporeal Brume arrives, run to exit, then do the same

ortiz likes this.