Some brighter container gumps

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Supercreep

Some brighter container gumps

Post by Supercreep »

I updated my client to a newer version (7.0.52.2) and decided to make some changes.

One of the things I did was change the dark containers. Some were edited by me, and some came from the Celtic Desktop.

I am putting these here in case someone wants em.

Here are the new gumps. I did the best I could with PS.

Attachments
BrightContainers.zip
(242.58 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
april0395 and kentares like this.
redwolf850

Re: Some brighter container gumps

Post by redwolf850 »

and you put these where?
Supercreep

Post by Supercreep »

To start I used LegacyMULConverter by Eos to convert artLegacyMUL.uop and gumpartLegacyMUL.uop from .uop to .mul

I then used UOFiddler to replace the images and then used LegacyMULConverter to convert them back to .uop

Dont make the same dumb mistake that I did.

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... acy#p28256

On the newer clients, as far as I know UOFiddler functions are limited. I was only able to replace gumps with it. If I tried to replace artwork, it would error out. Too bad as I would have made other changes, though I am still happy to have a readable journal and brighter containers.

I made all my changes on Client 7.0.52.2

Edit:

So posting this got me interested in trying to figure out why UOFiddler would only work on gumps.

In trying to solve my problem, I actually found an edited version of UOFiddler that appears to work with newer clients. It has a working UOPacker plugin, which POSSIBLY means you dont have convert to MUL and back again. I haven't fully tested it. I do know that Fiddler can now open artwork without erroring out. Worth a try if you are too lazy to type in a command line.

I am not sure about posting the link here due to where the prog resides.

Search "UOFiddler with UOP support". You will have to register in order to download.

Use at your own risk. I haven't fully tested it. I just know I don't get errors like I did with my other version.

I will play around with it later and report my findings.

If anyone even cares about this shit...
Last edited by Supercreep on April 6th, 2017, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supercreep

Post by Supercreep »

I also forgot to include this in my other containers. It is also from the Celtic desktop gumps.

The dark journal gumps are on the HZ forums. You can thank MB for them.

http://hz.tehomgpwn.com/viewforum.php?f=16
Attachments
Corpse.zip
(27.04 KiB) Downloaded 144 times