damage cap

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
House

damage cap

Post by House »

Does the damage bonus from tactics and anatomy apply toward the 100% damage cap or does it stack separately with items?
The Silvertiger

Re: damage cap

Post by The Silvertiger »

Separately
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Drak'in

Post by Drak'in »

There are damage increases which effect your base damage, and then damage modifiers
Anatomy 65% @ 120
Tactics 81.25% @ 120
Str 50% @ 150, 25% @ 125
Lumberjacking 30% @ 100
Damage Increase 100% from items
Divine Fury 10% from divine
Fall under "base damage increase"
These cap at +300% [very hard to reach in a practical template]

Things like
Enemy of One +50%
Slayers +100%
quivers have +10%
Fall under "damage modifiers"
These also cap at 300% [although i dont think you can reach 300% on demise at all]

Note - that while base damage is INCREASED by 300% for a total of 400% of your base weapon damage, modifiers apply by MULTIPLYING.

So if you had a doubleaxe, that was demon slayer 15-18 x 400% = 60-72
Use all of the modifiers at your disposal = 260% 156-187

Tried to explain it best I could from what I remember, I believe honor falls into base damage cap, I dont think its possible to reach modifier cap on demise unless I missed something
Drak'in

Post by Drak'in »

Also I just did a test with honor on test center, it seems to act like a modifier but i cant say for certain because my sampire isnt done yet, but that would mean that reaching the cap is in fact possible
Hugsforpeace

Post by Hugsforpeace »

damn fam, sic math, thanks.
Hugsforpeace, The Skunt, Doom Boss, WhoreForHire

I'm a creepy weeaboo
serephis1

Post by serephis1 »

So for a archer would strength increase damage?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i looked through it a long time ago, but i cant totally remember.

i'd have a look but the scripting reference is a bit different now, pretty sure Drak is right tho, more or less.

if i remember right it's split into 3x 100% caps, then a couple of things are done after that is worked out.
like i think items is one of the 100% caps, skills is another, and i think the third is like active spells or something.

but then slayer and honour are outside of the 300% cap, they dont multiply the base, they multiply the damage after it's 300% modifier, so that makes 600%, then if you stacked them 1200% - which is how a sampire with 15-18 base damage on a double axe, can hit for like 200+ damage a swing
(honour is kinda broken for that tbh, remember other thread when we were saying everyone is exploiting something)

it's that, or slayer is one of the 100% modifiers in the 300%, i cant remember exactly

but the modifier "damage increase" is set at 100% cap, im pretty sure of that at least. the rest are all different variables, and there is a line of code that caps that variable at 100

really need to check before taking this as correct, but i think it's like
(((((base wep damage x skills modifier) x damage increase modifier ) x active spells modifier) x 2 if slayer) x honor)

and i think it's only like that because honor was tacked onto the code in an update

i might be totally wrong tho :S
really need to check. but people can hit for like 260 damage with a 15-18 base wep, and that is like 15x base, which is 1500% isn't it? :S

for pvm it's all about whether stuff multiplies the base value, or the modified value, because if it does the modified value, then it's massively cumulative

i *think* slayer, honor, and double strike, all work cumulatively after the 300%
and i *think* the 100% caps work cumulatively as well. so it does a max of (x2)x2)x2)x2)x2)x2) = 2^6 = x64
making an absolute max damage hit, of 1152 with 18 base damage. that's x2 576 damage hits from a double strike.
288 one of perfection or slayer.
144 damage with no perfection or slayer
72 damage with 150% DI
does that sound right??

if the 300% is not cumulative, then you would have (x4)x2)x2)x2) = (x8(x2)x2) = 16 x 2 = x 32
so that would be half
absolute max damage with a double hit = 576 as 2x 288 damage hits.
288 being the damage with a slayer and perfection, and 300%di

does that sound right?
144 damage with just perfection
72 damage with 0 perfection and no slayer?

i think that's more reasonable, so it'll be
((base wep damage x (skills modifier + damage increase modifier + active spells modifier) x 2 if slayer) x honor)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

House wrote:Does the damage bonus from tactics and anatomy apply toward the 100% damage cap or does it stack separately with items?
separate.

lol
LEAD

Post by LEAD »

I dont know the math on DI but i can say that on my sampire i run
87DI + (Devine fury /10%DI=97 total)
114str
And i use double ax with demon slayer
I use counter strike as much as i can
I do not use anatomy i choose to run resisting spells
Always have Enemy of one up

The most damage i have put out on a DF in a single strike was 162..but you add double strike then that is added together to hit 324. But you can achiever a double double strike using counter strike to jump that up to 648 in a single swing..(im pretty sure DF was corpse skinned)

I dont know if this helps with the max DI ideas but thats jus what i have seen
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

162/2 = 81 (no slayer)
81/2 = 40 (no perfection)

40/350 (assuming you have +250 DI for no anatomy, compared to the 300 cap) (*this is dodgy but just for a test) = 0.114
0.114 x 400 = about 46

46x2 = 92
92x2 = 184, so +22 damage per hit? for GM anatomy? hmm

0.114 x 100 = 11.4 <-- that's not base damage for a double axe, that should be 15. so lets see what your actual DI is.

from 15 base damage, to 40 base damage, is... err...

15/100 = 0.15 (this is 1% of your 100% damage)
40/0.15? = 266.6666666
(^how many 1% amounts are in the 40 damage you do on a normal hit)

so you only have 166% di out of the possible 300%

is that right? im not sure tbh :?

right, so, if you are hitting for +166% damage, you have total damage of 266%
(15/100)x266 = 39.9 damage makes sense

there's your 40 damage which you then double with a slayer, and double with honour to get your 160 per hit
Last edited by Calvin on September 20th, 2017, 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i do 47 damage without slayer or honour.

from a base wep of 13 damage.

so 13/100 = 0.13
47/0.13 = 361.5?

errrr.... hmmm something is going wrong here

oh no wait, it's out of 400 innit. because it's +300, and the 100 base

i have +261.5% damage out of a possible 300%
- which i then double with slayer, but i don't use honour.

i am missing 7 DI from the 100% di item cap. and then there is DI added for enemy of one as well.
and the damage is multiplied if the monster has a negative resist, and i'm using consecrate.

then i double it again with double strike (instead of honour). im not sure why sampires dont use double strike tbh

Enemy of One:
" all melee damage done to this Creature Type will be increased by 50% "
http://uodemiseguide.spokland.com/chara ... emy_of_one
so add that 50% to my 261%, and there's your 300% cap.

see you all go mad for DI and HCI gear, i dont understand it tbh, because the HCI cap is not that hard to reach, and neither is the DI cap. my jewels are 10% HCI, and 18% DI, total (from both of them); and i am on over max HCI with over max DI

the only difference is im not using honour as a second damage doubler, so i am hitting a DF for about 80 if it has it's resists, up to 120 if it's discorded and corpse skinned. then doubled strikes.

but im using a 13 base damage wep, and that could be doubled if i honoured and had perfection
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Well, mr Calvin i think the main issue is not the damage but the range of weapon.

All swords weapons have 1 range, halberd and katana, so you either follow our mechanics or dont swing your halberd at all. 1 range or nothing, i think GMs should change it or they support what's supported by majority - read big illegal guilds.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dont get what you mean mate? but the 1 space thing is a bugger in pvp, still, that's life innit, just end up chasing people.

and am i right in saying you can look in your character sheet at the damage it says, take the top number, then divide that by (the top number of your weps base damage divided by 100).

that will show you your real DI number?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

royal kapero2 wrote:Well, mr Calvin i think the main issue is not the damage but the range of weapon.

All swords weapons have 1 range, halberd and katana, so you either follow our mechanics or dont swing your halberd at all. 1 range or nothing, i think GMs should change it or they support what's supported by majority - read big illegal guilds.
Calvin wrote:dont get what you mean mate? but the 1 space thing is a bugger in pvp, still, that's life innit, just end up chasing people.

and am i right in saying you can look in your character sheet at the damage it says, take the top number, then divide that by (the top number of your weps base damage divided by 100).

that will show you your real DI number?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."