runUO questions

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Gargl Kark

runUO questions

Post by Gargl Kark »

Hi,

after I got bored running around doom, I thought of giving runUO a try, just to play with it.
First steps seem to point out some issues, maybe some of you guys know something about them?
  • the server window keeps telling me it didn't find some items, like toxicElement, filledJar etc. Does this need fixing, or can I ignore it?
  • all vendors are naked. What am I missing?
  • client keeps crashing, server seems to be fine. any thoughts?
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Made In Quebec

Re: runUO questions

Post by Made In Quebec »

Even tho very few people from the community are still active,

I believe that this type of questions is far more oriented toward http://www.runuo.com/community/

You have much better chances of finding your answers there.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Made In Quebec wrote:finding your answers there.
thanks man, thought it was dead. will give it a try!

Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Gargl Kark wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:finding your answers there.
thanks man, thought it was dead. will give it a try!
It's certainly not the liveliest place, but the few people that are still hardcore at RunUO, and that visit this forum, will be able to help.

Still a much better bet than to rely on "UO Players" for shard configuration ;)
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

oh boy, really...
for anyone trying the same thing: DON'T rely on google code. That's v2.3, while the current available stable binary is v2.6.

Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Made In Quebec wrote:Still a much better bet than to rely on "UO Players" for shard configuration ;)
Absolutely!
While I will count as a total noob over there, as this is the first time I touch .NET apps myself...

Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Gargl Kark wrote:oh boy, really...
for anyone trying the same thing: DON'T rely on google code. That's v2.3, while the current available stable binary is v2.6.
The last RunUO release is 2.3.987

This is the last one that was released with the original RunUO team.

All further releases were done by other members of the community who didn't want the project to end. Some people welcome these later updates, while other shuned them because from what I have understood, they changed some of the core configuration to their own taste.

Complaints have arised that the RunUO 2.3.987 might be the best one to run a large server, with high population (300 + clients logged on), while the newer versions, including ServUO, which is a takeover of RunUO, might only be able to accomodate ± 200 clients.

I have not tested any of this obviously, but I just thought I'd let you in on the comments I've been reading in the past two years on the RunUO boards.

It could also be a bunch of butthurt kids that has their panties in a bunch and throwing unfounded insults at each others, but I'll let you make the call on that!
Gargl Kark likes this.