Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

urgh.. i dont know if i should apologize for pointing it out.. it's one of those things that cannot be unseen >.<
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

The rum brought me back here ro watch that trailer. YouTube algorithms know my seething hatred of cbs and star trek so it never popped up. My only comment really...

Why is everyone naked?
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 14th, 2020, 5:02 am urgh.. i dont know if i should apologize for pointing it out.. it's one of those things that cannot be unseen >.<
I apologized for just mentioning the road to wellville existed. I'm still sorry for telling you. I know it wasn't my fault but still...

I've been inflicting Eurovision song contest on people because someone made me watch it. I get it.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Terry was the only thing that made Eurovision watchable ^.^

he got really cynical toward the end tho... started calling out the votes for each country based on politics, and he had like 95% accuracy.
Facko

Post by Facko »

I can't talk Eurovision... no amount of booze...

Since you brought up the sexism thing tho. After the humbling of captain Picard this seems to be against new treks agenda. Playing to cartoony sex appeal... blah... my words are gone...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dont get me started on sexism...

B5 <3

media people suck :lol:

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sorry, i know...

8:00 - but that is fascinating.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Conversation and action are two hugely different things. For the most part men are wired to go from emotion to action and women from emotion to speech. Men see danger, they run. Women see danger, they scream. Not always true, but for the most part that's how our brains are wired... I can't remember my point... fuck... bedtime...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

hehe, it is probably pretty late where you're at.. erm...

there's a lot to unpack in what you said..

men and women are really not *that* different.. there's overlapping bell curves is how it works..
probably easier if i just post a couple of videos..

... or maybe not cos they're buried...

urgh... you want like Christina Hoff Sommers and Camille Paglia.. there's a part where they are talking about the bell curve distributions..
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

here ya go, see the way it works, is that most of it is overlapping. you can do this with anything, like physical str, or attention to detail, or emotional sensitivity. they'll end up in different places, but the general principle holds true.

the point is, most of it overlaps. what actually matters tho, is the extremes. like we dont pick scientists from the middle, we pick them from the extreme. we dont jail people in the middle, we jail the extremes. that's why you end up with more men or more women doing certain fields.

but 90% of it is still overlapping, and you can still very much get women that for example are stronger than some men. but at the extremes, your strongest will be a man.

the way they put it is that men will have more dumbells, but also more nobels.

sexism stops being an issue when you realize 90% of it is overlap. it's not valid to say men are X and women are Y, because they overlap. there is only a noticeable 1 gendered difference at the extremes.

the vast majority of what qualifies as "gender roles" these days, is really just us specializing at what we are better at, and trying to have traits the opposite sex likes. that's literally it.

everything else is just confused people talking shit really.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Extremes work for assholes. That might've been my point. Good thing my job is easy right now. Nothing breaks down with no-one around. My job relies on the idiocy of others. Booze ftw. Or in the words of homer Simpson... beer beer beer bed bed bed!
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko

Post by Facko »

Wanna see my favorite thing in the universe? OKAY! My second favorite thing!?

Innocent and naughty...
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

love Garibaldi, it's so harsh when bester gets his claws into him >.<
fkin... nuclear wessels

i still kinda hope they make a psi-wars series at some point.
Lita was one of my fav characters as well, them 2 together would be epic ^.^

i cant post the scene cos it would be epic spoilers, but you know what im talking about ;P

"pleased to meet you mr.garibaldi"
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this is good btw

how to get fired from a comic book shop:

:lol: