Event of the day! November 5th

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Made In Quebec

Event of the day! November 5th

Post by Made In Quebec »

Did you know that,

On november 5th, 22 years ago, the prime minister of Canada survived an assassination attempt from the hands of André Dallaire. The plan was successfully twarthed after the wife of the the prime minister, locked the door.

---

I think it's an incredible statement of peace and humanity, to prove what a locked door can achieve, and that's why most Canadian don't lock their doors, it's really a last resort solution, when you are in dire circumstances!

---
Wikipedia wrote:At 02:10 UTC−5 on November 5, 1995, Dallaire arrived outside 24 Sussex Drive and spent the next 20 minutes throwing stones onto the grounds and waving at security cameras while carrying a pocket knife alternately described as three or five inches in length (7.6 to 12.7 cm).

He then climbed the fence and strode over to the house, where he smashed a glass door and entered, wandering around the basement and ground floor for 30 minutes before heading to the Chrétiens' bedroom, where he was confronted by Chrétien's wife Aline as he was pulling on his gloves. Aline hurried back into the bedroom and locked the door, rousing her husband, who initially dismissed her story as "just a dream", while she dialled the RCMP officers stationed outside the house. Stories diverged as to whether Jean or Aline Chrétien brandished an Inuit stone sculpture of a loon in case Dallaire broke through the door.

Dallaire did not attempt to break down the door, and waited for the police to arrive. Controversially, it took roughly seven minutes for the police to respond to Aline's desperate call about an intruder trying to kill the Prime Minister, in part because the first officer to respond had forgotten his key to the residence
itsumaru likes this.
The Silvertiger

Re: Event of the day! November 5th

Post by The Silvertiger »

Sounds like a publicity stunt rather than an assassination attempt. Making a lot of noise intentionally drawing attention to ones self doesn't sound right.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Made In Quebec likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

The Silvertiger wrote:Sounds like a publicity stunt rather than an assassination attempt. Making a lot of noise intentionally drawing attention to ones self doesn't sound right.
Maybe!
itsumaru

Post by itsumaru »

Thanks for sharing this MIQ! When I read this I was reminded of one of Michael Moores documentaries while he was in Canada he literally went to some Canadian homes to test the door lock theory. In America most of our parents taught us how to lock the door at night to "stay safe" and it really is neat to me that Canadians do not feel threatened at night! So cool. Here in America there is so much crime you would be absolutely insane not to lock a door in certain areas or lock stuff up. haha
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

itsumaru wrote:Thanks for sharing this MIQ! When I read this I was reminded of one of Michael Moores documentaries while he was in Canada he literally went to some Canadian homes to test the door lock theory. In America most of our parents taught us how to lock the door at night to "stay safe" and it really is neat to me that Canadians do not feel threatened at night! So cool. Here in America there is so much crime you would be absolutely insane not to lock a door in certain areas or lock stuff up. haha

Bowling for Columbine
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

On this date November 10th 42 years ago

https://youtu.be/K6DUFPNILvM
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Made In Quebec wrote:Did you know that,

On november 5th, 22 years ago, the prime minister of Canada survived an assassination attempt from the hands of André Dallaire. The plan was successfully twarthed after the wife of the the prime minister, locked the door.
that is cool and very canadian ^^
but 5th of november.. you know that's bonfire night yea?

https://youtu.be/HcnxsDOxcOA?t=1m25s
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Ok, ima have to unenemy you to like that post... Then you're going back!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."