Iron Bowl 2017

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
The Silvertiger

Iron Bowl 2017

Post by The Silvertiger »

TheRealPhil wrote:quotation for notification
Bama wrote:quotation for notification
http://www.uogamers.com/community/threa ... 10.454518/

And go...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Iron Bowl 2017

Post by Bama »

Since we have the Real Phil lurking

Yes Phil it’s been 4 years

So I’m sitting here waiting to hear it

Ok tell you what I’ll do

I’ll say it with you

Ready

GO

WAR
DAMN
EAGLE

It’s all yours for the next 3 years but not today!!!
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Playoffs if they beat uga again?

Did they ever come out with something official on kerryon Johnson? Last I heard his arm went numb due to his shoulder injury.

Even though I don't look forward to seeing him this weekend, I was pretty upset how the bama players kept piling on him after he threw up the please don't hit me hand. I think it made me more upset than Tennessee finishing our season last year by injuring Chubb.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:Playoffs if they beat uga again?

Did they ever come out with something official on kerryon Johnson? Last I heard his arm went numb due to his shoulder injury.

Even though I don't look forward to seeing him this weekend, I was pretty upset how the bama players kept piling on him after he threw up the please don't hit me hand. I think it made me more upset than Tennessee finishing our season last year by injuring Chubb.

I don’t know
And it doesn’t matter
Auburn won the Iron Bowl
I’m good

Now
Where is Phil?

How about Ohio beats Wisconsin
Georgia beats Auburn
Miami beats Clemson
Oklahoma beats TCU

Oklahoma
Georgia
Miami
Alabama

LOL

I think this weekend the top 10 are all playing but 1 team
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

I was watching some vids and they said okla and wisc both have to lose for bama enter.
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Apparently you don’t have to win your conference to get in like Ohio last year
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:Apparently you don’t have to win your conference to get in like Ohio last year
Well, that's the debate, eh? Best 4 teams or best 4 power 5 conference champions? Poor nd. They'd never get in. Unfortunately, the best solution is 8 game playoffs. Take the 5 power 5 conference champions and then add the best of who's left. That gives opportunities for teams that maybe didn't play their best one game of the season, but are clearly teams that would fit in the playoffs. I think even if auburn had 3 losses, if they were healthy after a loss to uga Saturday they would still have a chance in a 8 team playoff. Their quality #1 wins were strong even if I don't believe either team should have been #1.
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Bama wrote:Apparently you don’t have to win your conference to get in like Ohio last year
Well, that's the debate, eh? Best 4 teams or best 4 power 5 conference champions? Poor nd. They'd never get in. Unfortunately, the best solution is 8 game playoffs. Take the 5 power 5 conference champions and then add the best of who's left. That gives opportunities for teams that maybe didn't play their best one game of the season, but are clearly teams that would fit in the playoffs. I think even if auburn had 3 losses, if they were healthy after a loss to uga Saturday they would still have a chance in a 8 team playoff. Their quality #1 wins were strong even if I don't believe either team should have been #1.
None of this matters none because I have just over 51 weeks to enjoy the Iron Bowl win and after that it is going to be a long 3 years LOL

I want to state that I know very little about college football ......................

..................But every game in college football is a playoff game from the 1st game to the last
Which will eventually (it started last year) make all but those 3 Bowl (playoff) games meaningless
It is the playoffs or nothing

How many players last year that were either seniors or underclassmen that were declaring for the NFL draft skipped their (lesser) Bowl game to avoid an injury?
I'll start with Leonard Fournette

We have 13 people deciding the best teams
Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio, Georgia (every other game) Clemson all > Auburn and yet they have Auburn at #2

5 Conference champs and 3 at large teams just makes an argument for the best 3 at large teams

I think that these Power 5 teams should not be able to schedule games with teams not in the Power 5
That would help weed out some of the pretenders

I will use Auburn as an example
Out Of Conference games
*Georgia Southern (won)
Clemson (lost)
*Mercer (won but struggled)
*ULM (won but struggled)
How about replacing those * games with a team from
Big12
Pac12
B1G
Schedule a home and home with a team and you have to eventually play each team in those conferences
They won't because those * games are or should be guaranteed wins (right LSU?)
That gives them 3 wins now all they have to do is find 3 conference wins to make a Bowl game
I also feel that player's stats in those * games should not be considered in Heisman talks
Power 5 teams should not be allowed to play games with teams in a lower division though I understand that those smaller schools do it for the $$$ and the chance to upset a Power 5
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Same could be said with Alabama. Also, Georgia Southern isn't always a push over. It's always fun to see out of conference upsets. App state, baby!
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:Same could be said with Alabama. Also, Georgia Southern isn't always a push over. It's always fun to see out of conference upsets. App state, baby!

The same is said for every SEC Football team and most if not all of the other Power 5 teams
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

BAH!!!!!
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bama wrote:
How about Ohio beats Wisconsin
Georgia beats Auburn
Miami beats Clemson
Oklahoma beats TCU

Oklahoma
Georgia
Miami
Alabama

LOL

(•_•)/
<) )
/ \

\(•_•)
( (>
/ \

(•_•)
<) )>
/ \

I was close I got 3 of the 4 teams
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:BAH!!!!!
Ugh... I told one of my friends: "Maybe Alabama will kill Auburn and won't be as worried about Georgia. Then, they lose due to underestimating Georgia."

First time I have wanted to see the Buckeyes beat Michigan really bad.
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Bama wrote:BAH!!!!!
Ugh... I told one of my friends: "Maybe Alabama will kill Auburn and won't be as worried about Georgia. Then, they lose due to underestimating Georgia."

First time I have wanted to see the Buckeyes beat Michigan really bad.
We have a tournament this weekend so I only saw the hilights ( lowlights depending on your view)
But Auburn put up more points than LSU MSU and the Cidatel combined

If you can run the ball and Georgia can
If you can pass the ball and Georgia can
And if you can play man to man against Alabama’s receivers (I don’t know if Georgia can)
If Auburn can keep it close for a half with that poor excuse for an offense
Georgia will be fine
Now can you tell me why Tua’s parents gave up everything in Hawaii to move to Tuscaloosa Alabama ( I guess the Mercedes plant pays very well )

BAH!!!!!
WAR EAGLE
Anyway
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈