Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
LEAD

Re: Good Movies

Post by LEAD »

The Big Lebowski
Run Ronnie Run
Super Troopers
Boondock Saints 1+2

And if its not movies your looking for then try netflix
F is for Family
Californiacation
Daredevil (the series)
The Punisher (the series) (have to watch Daredevil 1st)
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

a freshy one that makes you feel shocked of how beautiful it is from beginning to the end

Chacal #5588
elder rigmarole philosopher
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Chacal wrote:a freshy one that makes you feel shocked of how beautiful it is from beginning to the end

oooooh i heard about that, they got like 100s of artists or something to collaborate didn't they?
Chacal likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Final Destination 2
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

LEAD wrote:The Big Lebowski
Run Ronnie Run
Super Troopers
Boondock Saints 1+2

And if its not movies your looking for then try netflix
F is for Family
Californiacation
Daredevil (the series)
The Punisher (the series) (have to watch Daredevil 1st)
big lebowski is a classic
super troopers is alright
boondock saints is cool but i cba rewatching it cos fucking willam dafoe does my nut in
californiacation.. that's the one that's basically mulder's life when he went off the rails isn't it?
daredevil - the ben affleck film totally put me off the character
and the punisher series was mint, didn't need to watch DD first i guess ;)

i'll check the other 2 out :)
Tanya wrote:Final Destination 2
those films make me laugh so hard -> a paperclip, somehow, it's gonna kill him.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

F is for Family is Bill Burr??
LEAD likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

The Shawshank Redemption
Princess Mononoke (animated)
In Time
Looper
Wanted
Rounders
Burn After Reading
Boondock Saints
Spirited Away (animated)
Flight
Unbreakable
Lucky Number Slevin

Here's a handfull of my all time favorites!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"In Time is a 2011 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film written, directed, and produced by Andrew Niccol and starring Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried and Cillian Murphy"

Justin Timberlake..? :S

there are some weird tie-ins here.. i didn't like unbreakable but it's supposed to tie into the movie split. like it's his son or something.. burn after reading looks good, and possibly related to RED?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

man.. coen brothers film i haven't seen, and that F is for family has been out 3 years... this doth not bode well
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Calvin wrote:"In Time is a 2011 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film written, directed, and produced by Andrew Niccol and starring Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried and Cillian Murphy"

Justin Timberlake..? :S

there are some weird tie-ins here.. i didn't like unbreakable but it's supposed to tie into the movie split. like it's his son or something.. burn after reading looks good, and possibly related to RED?
What's wrong with Justin Timberlake? If you are trying to make any reference to the stupid boys band he had forget about it there is not any link to it in the film. His acting is great and that's what matters, and it has one of the best plot ever.

Burn after reading is not related to RED, but I guess it could be a bit similar with a fair bit of comedy/action mixed together.
kentares likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Made In Quebec wrote: What's wrong with Justin Timberlake?
i have asked myself that question too :P
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

So?

Did you watch any of these?
Calvin likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

I've watched In Time and Looper, great movies.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Shawshank Redemption - classic, one of the best endings ever (along with usual suspects)
Princess Mononoke (animated) - classic again, tho i kinda prefer spirited away for the disney voice acting :S
In Time - not seen this
Looper - pretty good, a lil strange in places, really cool concept tho... if young bruce kills himself to stop old bruce, doesn't old bruce never happen to make young bruce kill himself? time travel's a bitch :P
Wanted - eeh... wasn't too impressed with this tbh, tho it has a cool idea, and a cool cast... and a cool loom... alright it's a cool movie, but i wouldn't say it's a top action film like timecop, demolition man, escape from LA/New York, soldier... but then maybe it's just not my generation, still a really cool idea
Rounders - good film, but im not massive on present day films, i'd rather watch snatch or lock stock tbh. only seen it once tho. have you seen The Departed? ;)
Burn After Reading - i have this downloaded :) i've been meaning to watch it but i never seem to be in the mood :S
Boondock Saints - willam dafoe is so annoying... but Billy Connolly cancels him out, making it a cool film again. stuff with religious overtones is pretty sweet tbh, that johnny depp one with the devil book is more my kinda thing tho
Spirited Away (animated) - hah, mentioned above :P you seen my neighbor totoro too? and my nieces favourite, arriate? it's the borrowers one, ghibli are cool :) i might watch one punch man actually
Flight - dont think this is my kinda film tbh
Unbreakable - seen it once, it was alright.. im not a massive bruce willis fan tbh

he's alright... was good in the die hards and fifth element. but i think he needs to really stay in his niche
Lucky Number Slevin - i dont think this film's rewatchable, but it's one of those that is epic as fk the first time you see it
Made In Quebec likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

If you are into Ghibli, take a shot at Whispers of the Heart, Kiki's Delivery Service, and From up on Poppy Hills.

I've downloaded them for my kids, but I took quite a liking to those, especially the first one. It even happens nowadays that I'll watch them even without my kids :D

Anything Ghibli is always good tbh, never been disapointed.
Calvin likes this.