Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

if you ever wondered what magic mushrooms were like...

Facko

Post by Facko »

Jeez... you watch more schlock than I do. To everyone else... watch turbo kid or go to hell! Wish they hadn't taken it off of Netflix.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

actually to be fair tim burton did 1 other good movie..

kentares likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 12:45 pm btw, dont know if you know all this, but if you like trek you probably should..

Facko

Post by Facko »

Take that stuff with a grain of salt. Think those are the same guys who said kurtzman was gonna get the axe last year. Now he has like 3 new shows.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well i guess he was right about the merger tho?

anyone posting some films? :P
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:29 pm well i guess he was right about the merger tho?

anyone posting some films? :P
You beat everyone to it. :lol:
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i need good stuff to watch too tho ;)

im just posting things i think to re-watch... saw that 1917 last night... was a bit ... i dunno it was very good... sad tho.

got another one to watch actually called "Sniper.Assassin's.End" fck knows what it is, just sounded good on the recent torrents list lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

can't be any worse than russian avengers

the baddie is like some kinda super-charged, baby-faced, electro-putin...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

actually if we're on foreign films... this is a weird one:

sorta memorable in a sorta not really kinda way... good soundtrack.

it's a bit of a precursor to hardcore henry.... probably inspired mirror's edge thinking about it...

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

started watching this again.. not rly to watch it.. just cos it's nice to have on.

but if anyone's not seen it, it really is so well made:

there is still some good new stuff coming out :)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know the weirdest thing about this film.. is you end up really liking the main character...

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

... do you want me to tell you why watchmen is such a good movie... it's really hard to explain...

it's about morality, and the ending.. it's not rly complicated but it's hard to explain...

like the guy that is supposed to be the smartest man in the world realizes that he has to become a super villain to save the world.. by giving the people someone to unite against. so they are trying to stop this terrorist attack type thing.. but they fail, and he actually brings about world peace by killing millions of people.. but it's like in the immediate future he is a mass murderer, but in the later future he's not. which is basically hitler's sorta plan. and the heroes all end up going along with it, except for 1, roshak, who's absolutally unwavering in his belief of right and wrong. like he would never do a wrong to cause a right, he will do the right thing every step, even if that leads to hell... so they kill him... it's like... it's a work of art.

to change that into like roshak was a racist, and it's all about diversity and.. i dont fkin know what, it was terrible, it was just so... terrible.

there is so much moral ambiguity and empathy in the original.. the new one is just ... urgh god.. it's just terrible.

i swear these fkin people have no souls... it makes me angry...

the whole animated comic is on youtube tho:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i't's really so good.. this chapter man.. it's captivating

fkin compare that with this shit..

jesus christ.. apparently it got worse than i coulda imagined.. so glad i didn't finish that pile of shit.

the ultimate cut of watchmen runs along side this mini-film. see cos it's a super hero film they wanted a tandem storyline to mirror what is going on, in a comic a kid is reading, so they used pirates instead of super-heroes. for the ultimate cut they actually animated the movie and spliced it in with like 3 min chunks.

watchmen is just about like... the nature of man. it's like lord of the flies or mice and men.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

last watchman post :P