Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

just watched this, was pretty good actually

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i've been watching through Gotham by the way. it's not bad, it's well written. except no-one ever really dies in it.

you just have to try and forget it's batman, then it's just a good show about a messed up city. sorta like a fantasy version of The Wire actually... it's very comic book. it's actually not that bad, and there's loads of it, like 5 seasons of 20 episodes.

i'll give it a 7/10, but if you actually like batman, then it's gonna be like a 9.

everyone talking about this Tiger King series on netflix too... doesn't look like my thing, but something new + worth noting.

another 4 episodes of Westworld season 3 are out, but pretty much lost interest after the first 2, which is a MASSIVE shame, first season was brilliant, second season was crap. third season im probably not even gonna bother after the first 2 epps.

Sonic was really good. Young Sheldon is a nice easy going series.

Films have been shit though recently.. Irishman was like an OAP film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was just Hollywood jackin itself off, not seen paracite or knives out, but i had them briefly and never bothered to watch them. Terminator Dark Fate i literally watched the first hour, turned it off and deleted it :/
i mean they expect people to pay money for this shit? i literally wont even watch it for free.

had this recommended to me:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i need a time machine...

this wasn't bad, new cohen brothers film

Midway was a pretty good film.

oh and if i've not previously mentioned it, there is a fan made cut of Water World, called the Ulysses cut, that is about double the length, and completely changes the tempo of the film. that was great.

the 2019 How to Train your Dragon was pretty good.

Doctor Sleep was good too. i suppose it's not been all bad then.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Stay away from tiger king unless you love trash reality TV stuff. Made it thru part of the first episode and that was more than enough. Everyone involved was some kind of scumbag or control freak...
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

While I'm on about Netflix docs I'd suggest staying away from don't fuck with cats too... trashy reality tv again but kind of... upsetting...

(If you like cats)
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 12:40 pm Stay away from tiger king unless you love trash reality TV stuff. Made it thru part of the first episode and that was more than enough. Everyone involved was some kind of scumbag or control freak...
i was sayin this to Nikki the other day, animal park/zoo people are just fkin mental, the one near us is always in some controversy

‘You’d come in and think, what’s dead or escaped?’: inside Britain's most controversial zoo"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... mal-deaths

"PENGUINS STOLEN FROM SOUTH LAKES ZOO SOLD FOR £10K"
https://www.freedomforanimals.org.uk/ne ... ld-for-10k

"Council Rapped Over Rhino Escape"
https://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk ... no-escape/

"Zoo keeper mauled to death by tiger in enclosure with 'defective' lock was doing her dream job, her mother tells inquest"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... quest.html

"Sarah McClay death: South Lakes Safari Zoo fined"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-36501417

"ZOO OF DOOM South Lakes Safari Zoo where almost 500 animals died in just FOUR YEARS and tiger keeper was mauled to death WILL stay open"
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3521985/s ... stay-open/

"COWBOY BEHIND THE ZOO OF DOOM Seedy life of the millionaire owner who lived it up as hundreds of animals died and suffered in appalling conditions at South Lakes Safari Zoo"
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2988852/s ... afari-zoo/
Known Aim

Post by Known Aim »

The Ocean's series is pretty good with George Clooney. Highly advise to watch all 3 films.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this isn't bad.

also pretty good:

interestingly that's actually Tom Hardy's own production company

heh.. funny how one thing leads to another..

good for like cosmic horror (cathulu vibes)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just gonna throw some ideas up, many probably a bit obvious

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i tell ya what right.... this is one of the best things i have ever watched in my life.

it is not famous at all... it's a very weird thing. i guess someone made it for a university piece, or a work of passion just because driven to.

but it is a work of inspiration, and one of the most educational and entertaining things i have ever seen, and i cant recommend it enough, for inexplicable reasons...

it takes a few attempts to get through the whole thing, but the trick is realizing that it is explaining ALL narratives, then picking out the combination that makes cyberpunk... it's a work of genius imo, and it helps me understand a lot of modern film/TV

it should finish at 57:20 really
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

any ideas?

i watched that fantasy island and gemini man, they were both terrible... dolittle is pretty bad too, but watchable.. rdj just plays it like his sherlock mixed with radagast from lord of the rings.

got another one called Z, only watched 5 mins and deleted it :/

getting bad boys for life now.. not holding out a lot of hope for it tho. gonna have to watch some old movies i think.
watched red sonja the other night, that was good.

new sonic is good too.

interesting lil documentary to go with the above video:

oh this is one to watch that most people will have missed:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tim curry is the villain :D loads of episodes on youtube

no pirates of darkwater or transformers on youtube tho

kinda beats teletubbies and boobahs doesn't it? ;P

conan movie is really good, i watched that not long ago, wraps the story up nicely.
not seen the Jayce one yet.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

cant find gargoyles on YT, but spawn is on here

people probably know, but Todd McFarlane did all the monsters for blaththorns revenge
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

*trying not to get into the anime spam*

this series is good, the english dubbers didn't get any scripts at all, so they just made it up :lol:
you can 100% tell, but it's so much better than the originals. smashes the 4th wall to bits :lol:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the only thing i dont like really is stuff based in the present, like cop shows.. reality is boring ;P

some are alright like..

charlie brooker is good, he's not really doing anything these days since he did black mirror (which i dont like), but his screenwipe and gamewipe videos were pretty good, and his yearly roundups.