Really?

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Really?

Post by Bama »

A group of bats is called a cauldron.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kentares and Calvin like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

group of crows is called a murder
Bama likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Bama wrote:really016.jpg
I'm with granny, Harry Potter is just like a million other things. It only caught on because it was terrible imo. People seem to love bland boring mediocre crap, like Patton Oswalt.
ultio mea est
Bama likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

here's a fact for you.

people that dont like harry potter, have never read harry potter.

i didn't like it until i read it either, and no the films really dont do it justice.
ask yourself why a single mother that lived in a council house is now richer than the queen.
i downloaded the stephen fry audiobooks, they're great for background when you're working, highly recommend them, but needs to be the stephen fry ones.
Facko

Post by Facko »

The movies weren't bad enough to make me want to know why people were in love with something so boring. The last airbender movie was tho. I'm almost glad the movie was so terrible otherwise I would never have been curious enough to watch the cartoon.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote:The movies weren't bad enough to make me want to know why people were in love with something so boring. The last airbender movie was tho. I'm almost glad the movie was so terrible otherwise I would never have been curious enough to watch the cartoon.
it's very hard to explain why HP is good... basically it has a lot of threads to it, and they do tie together very well, but the films only select like 50% of the threads to put in, which leaves it lacking in a lot of places. it simplified the characters a lot too :/
basically there is a good story, inside a comprehensive fantasy world, they took the comprehensive fantasy world into the films alright, but the story itself was eviscerated. you end up with something which is a much more cut and dry heroes journey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero%27s_journey

all the actors are way too good looking too, it was supposed to be like this in essence:

(you can probably see where it comes from now cant ya? ;P )
the films are kinda Americanized, so everyone becomes a wealthy supermodel, etc, and the plot no longer matters

Last edited by Calvin on July 12th, 2018, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lemme give you an example right, you know the bit where the teachers are fighting?

in the film they do like dragonball Z powerstruggle things, in the books tho, they use their skills. so for example snape like fires some shit and magonical, and she's the transfiguration teacher yeah, turning stuff into other stuff. so she turns it into a flock of birds, gets them to do a U turn, then turns them into knives. shit like that tho. it's like they dont bother with it in the films.

oh man the fight between dumbledor and volde is epic in the books, they're masters of like all the subjects and putting them together.
what do we get in the films, light beams and power struggles.. pfft. everything makes sense in the books.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

A Texas family is selling their tame, housebroken bison only $5,950.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Female dragonflies will fake their own deaths to avoid mating with unwanted males.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz and zulu2401 like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

While filming "The Wizard of Oz," 16-year-old Judy Garland was put on a diet of chicken soup, coffee, and 80 cigarettes a day.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kentares

Post by kentares »

Calvin wrote:^ why is it the men want to be taller, and not the women want to be shorter?

but really:

worth watching the full report tbh

masculinity is not so fragile when you stop bothering with horrible women just cos they have nice boobs.
what you need to realize is men do these things cos they dont want to be looked down on by the women, but ya know, just ignore those women, why are you putting women on a pedestal just because they have a vagina?

if they're bad people, they dont deserve your consideration. just fuckin ignore them. then go pay a hooker lol.
seriously hookers seem like nicer people than the average woman. most women are spoiled as fuck, and they're horrible people for it.

thing is, be man and they will want you, rather than you chasing them.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Bama wrote:A Texas family is selling their tame, housebroken bison only $5,950.
Carmen and I will cut 50% of the price if you come and pick him up. We think he may have sat on one of the cats; still searching for one of them; hopes are high.
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

A buttload is equivalent to 126 gallons.

I wonder how many gallons are in a metric buttload
Or even a shit ton
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Some male banana fiddler crabs coerce mating by waiting for females to enter their burrows and then trapping them there.

.....I’m looking at you Zulu
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote:A buttload is equivalent to 126 gallons.

I wonder how many gallons are in a metric buttload
Or even a shit ton
this is a water butt ;)

i think a shit ton is more a measure of density and consistency. so like, it's not only that there's a lot of it, but it's thick, and all over everything lol
Bama likes this.