Any ATV knowledgeable people here?

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Made In Quebec

Any ATV knowledgeable people here?

Post by Made In Quebec »

Greetings old friends,

I'm out looking for advice, I have been offered an ATV by an acquaintance not long ago.

Since it would be my first one, and I don't know shit about these things I'd like to have some people's opinion that have experience on the subject.

The deal is for a Kawasaki KVF 650 2006. It has 13716 km (8523 miles) I know it works, I used it a couple time, and managed to top it at 110 km/h (68 m/hr)

It closeley ressemble the one attached here, except that I also get a winch on the front, a second seat at the back, and two compartment for empty cans of beer on both sides of the passenger. It has a few dents on the body, but the mechanic part seems to all work pretty well. Tires are relatively new

He is asking me for 1500$ CAD for this ride, ± 1150$US as of today.

So basically, is it a good deal, bad deal, fair deal?

What would you be most worried about, if anything?

Any opinions I can get at this time would be helpfull, I have faith in you to give me interesting information!

Thanks!
zulu2401

Re: Any ATV knowledgeable people here?

Post by zulu2401 »

It's a fair price if everything has been changed regularly. Filters, oil etc. Anything like this with that many miles on it will most likely cause you more pain and suffering due to the strict maintenance it requires beyond 5,000 miles. It's 12 years old and still running though so that's impressive
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Going to use for recreational purposes only or winter transport?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I plan on using it very sporadically,

Trail riding, in summer and winter, far from civilisation, probably drunk.

If I go out with it once a month for periods ranging between 2 to 5 hours of ride/break, that would be actually outstanding.

I don't plan on hauling anything, it's really just for fun