See this is why YouTube banned me...

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

See this is why YouTube banned me...

Post by Calvin »

right read the comments on that video, it's #19 on youtube's trending thing. they all reckon it's cos she's racist.

my mam lives in one of those apartment blocks where you need a fob to get in, and if someone is coming out/going in, you can 100% sneak in at the same time. i do it all the time when my mum doesn't answer her phone or whatever. but when i do it, i always say to the person, im in number XX, just visiting my mum, you've probably seen her, she's the one with the annoying little dog, etc.

cos i know im sneaking into the building basically. the woman's doing nothing wrong. i would be glad to have such a security conscious neighbor.

why do some people have to be so fucking difficult and un-cooperative?

youtube has seriously become a place where if you disagree, you are just erased so it looks like everyone agrees and there's only one opinion.
/sarcastic_voice because it's not an opinion, it's a fact

buncha... fuckin... grrr
Alvin likes this.
Calvin

Re: See this is why YouTube banned me...

Post by Calvin »

this used to be a joke...

no, it's cuz you is just snuck into the fucking building without a key
DG

Post by DG »

I think this woman did nothing wrong too.

Media is the fourth powe.And power always comes along with corruption.
Alvin and Calvin like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i did get burgled like 2 weeks ago, so i might be a bit over-sensitive about security at the moment. but good on her! people DO get burgled.

and it's things like letting people into your building when you dont know them that leads to it.
Alvin likes this.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Why would he try to sneak in ?

He is making all the fuss when he forced himself into the place instead of waiting for her to close the doors so that he can open them with his own key.
Last edited by Alvin on October 19th, 2018, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

..........and to further stoke this fire she was fired from her job
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's totally ridiculous, he could have just shown her the key fob, and she'd have been like "kk just checking". instead he gets really suspicious, so of course she follows him... kinda brave that too for a woman.

i just avoid social media these days, they have all become really like... i dunno... there's no word for it... fucked.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

they are trying to do social engineering.

it's proper 1984 shit
jaasso likes this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Honestly, I woulda done the same thing as him. Not really into sharing my personal information, not her business where I live. I know my building has those exact same key fobs and they have the apartment # on them, so I wouldn't be inclined to show her. All she had to do was shut the door, and let him use his key fob to get in, he clearly had the keys. He even knew the super and the land lords name. But she was actually blocking his entry, instead of just shutting the door and letting him go through the security process.

I'm not going to try and call this racism, fact is we dont know. If i just got home froma long day/night and someone is blocking the entry to my buidling and following me to my door I'm going to be pissed and uncooperative. Just shut the door, and walk inside...Let the scanner do its job. No need to go all neighborhood watch

On top of all that, after she saw him put my key in the door and walk into the apartment, she calls the cops and they show up at my house. Just seems petty and spiteful
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah at that point i think it was.

but it never needed to get to that point. all it woulda taken was little common courtesy. honestly i woulda thanked the woman for being vigilant.

end of the day you can get in a building and you can try doors until you find an open one, or knock and be like "oh sorry wrong house" if someone answers; until you find an empty one.

i can kinda let the woman off given how suspicious he was acting - people could steal a key? or have an old one, or a copy.
but then at the same time, people can lose their fob.

so it's half and half in that respect, but a bit of communication and not assuming racial profiling would have sorted it all out.
i swear this is why a lot of black people suffer police brutality - because they are often uncooperative. media needs to stop beefing up the chip on their shoulder.

see the real issue, is if it was a white guy in a suit she probably wouldn't have stopped him (assuming), but she should.

it's kinda like that story of the marine at the military port, and 2 women/greenpeace activists ran onto the base. he dropped to one knee and shouted stop or i'll shoot, shouted it again. then chased them down into the submarine, where they spray painted some stuff on the inside.
they fired the marine for one simple reason - he should have shot them. they could have had a bomb or something. security is not a joke.

my issue more than anything though, is the fact the comments are soooo one sided, and sooo certain of their narrative. anyone that disagrees has been purged lol :o
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Tbh, would have closed the door.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote:yeah
so it's half and half in that respect, but a bit of communication and not assuming racial profiling would have sorted it all out.
i swear this is why a lot of black people suffer police brutality - because they are often uncooperative. media needs to stop beefing up the chip on their shoulder.
This is an issue in the United States because (as is often the case anywhere) those who seek power are often the ones least deserving....We have a serious issue of white supremacists infiltrating an corrupting the police force...The problem is the black community has been talking about this for decades and only now that everyone has mobile cameras on constantly is mainstream society...I was adopted and raised by large black family....I was the only white person in my family and I can say with 100% certainty there is a DRAMATIC difference between how the police handle a situation depending on racism. This is not all cops, hell, Im not even going to say most, but is it without a doubt a significant number. This combined with the fact that the cops that are gunning down unarmed black people virtually never face any repercussions outside of a brief, often payed, suspension...These people legit get away with murders because of corruption...Imagine if you were be targeted that way purely over skin color, literally afraid to call the cops because you don't know how the cops are going to react...

Someone broke into our house when I was a kid, it was a white man...Guess what happens when the cops showed up, they arrested my father under assumption it was him (even though he was the one who called) and left him in a cell until we sorted it all out...Didnt listen to anything he had to say or even bother to check the ID vs the name of who called.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Question for you: how do black officers, judges etc respond to those same situations (maybe not so much the break in incident...)
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

fluffhead321 wrote:This combined with the fact that the cops that are gunning down unarmed black people virtually never face any repercussions outside of a brief, often payed, suspension...These people legit get away with murders because of corruption...

hmmm

have you ever seen The Wire?
i think it's interesting that all these riots and things happen in Baltimore