Canadian matter

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
scatman

Canadian matter

Post by scatman »

Hi guys,
Recently I was thinking about studying in Canada but because of huge costs I resigned and decided to educate myself in my homecountry.
The things is that I still want to taste a little bit of living in diffrent world which is Canada for me.
I've read that Canadian employers does not approve foreign education and they hire people only with canadian education.
Actually I also read that they looking for specific employees such as accountants for example.
I am a bit confused because of these informations - I read that Canada doesn't approve foreign education but from the other hand they are looking for accountants(example).
Therefore I would like to start certain studies(I really like accounting and economic stuff) to improve my chances of getting decent work to do in Canada.
Any ideas how the truth actually looks like?

Thanks in advance for any effort because this topic is really important for me.
Made In Quebec

Re: Canadian matter

Post by Made In Quebec »

To be honest, if I were in your position I would try to get in contact with Immigration Canada.

I do not believe that they don't recognize foreign education, they most likely do.

But, they would certainly give you better chances of getting a work permit, and/or immigrate, if your qualifications are in a field that we are in need of, like for instance, accounting as you said.

I know there are varions fields where we are looking for professional, many which are in medecine.

But I am certain that if you can get in touch with the appropriate person from immigration Canada, they might be able to send you a list of profession that we don't have sufficient human ressources.

Check that up, who knows!
scatman likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

If you went to the University of Southern Poland A&M International Go Fighting Pierogi they might question you

What ever you do do not repeat do not tell Immagration you speak French
Not that there is anything wrong with French

If you do tell them make sure your plane lands in Toronto or anywhere west of Toronto

If you need to learn French I can help you

Just practice saying this

Poultet a la fenetre

If they ask you to say something more in French say

Deux poulet a la fenetre
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
scatman likes this.
scatman

Post by scatman »

Made In Quebec wrote:To be honest, if I were in your position I would try to get in contact with Immigration Canada.

I do not believe that they don't recognize foreign education, they most likely do.

But, they would certainly give you better chances of getting a work permit, and/or immigrate, if your qualifications are in a field that we are in need of, like for instance, accounting as you said.

I know there are varions fields where we are looking for professional, many which are in medecine.

But I am certain that if you can get in touch with the appropriate person from immigration Canada, they might be able to send you a list of profession that we don't have sufficient human ressources.

Check that up, who knows!
really appreciate your help Made in Quebec.
I think calling some appropriate person and asking about job chances for accountants in Canada will be the best choice.
I've just googled https://www.immigration.ca/ and sent them an e-mail.
All I got to do now is to wait till Monday for an answer.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

scatman wrote: really appreciate your help Made in Quebec
I've just googled https://www.immigration.ca/
OK Scatman listen to MiQ I don’t care but ......

When you are sitting in an office in Gatineau freezing your kielbasa off going deux plus deax est quarter you be saying to yourself I should have listened to Bama
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
scatman

Post by scatman »

Bama wrote:
scatman wrote: really appreciate your help Made in Quebec
I've just googled https://www.immigration.ca/
OK Scatman listen to MiQ I don’t care but ......

When you are sitting in an office in Gatineau freezing your kielbasa off going deux plus deax est quarter you be saying to yourself I should have listened to Bama

I Love you Bama, are you canadian?
I like the way you are using polish words.