Working As Intended Trapped Dart Boxes Are Broken

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
The Silvertiger

Re: Trapped Dart Boxes Are Broken

Post by The Silvertiger »

Sounds like an osi bug, but at the same time one they apparently haven't fixed for reasons.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

Yeah it probably wasnt intended but after years of people using it they obviously would rather leave it in. I guess they dont like the idea of people spamming omen para over and over and getting kills from it i guess?

Oh and i know they knew about the bug because during the era of everyone playing vamp form necro mages you could use a lesser poison trap box they same way and it would lower any poison you had to lesser. So instead of fixing the trap boxes they made it so you couldnt have a lower level poison applied while you were already poisoned. Cause people were using the lesser poison trap boxes on Lethal poison and it would lower your poison level to lesser and you would be cured from Vampire poison resist.

After they changed that the left the dart boxes in for as long as i still played. Dont know if they are there today or if they have been removed.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

I would like to assume the greater majority of players wouldn't want infinite use, low damaging trap boxes implemented.

I've said this before but the idea just seems silly, and it would completely ruin paralyzing blows and paralyze spell combos.

There are plenty of different ways I've seen players effectively counter para blows/eo paras; magic trap pouches, magic arrow self, priming and holding an explosion potion, drinking lesser poison potions, invisibility potions, smoke bombs and I'm sure there are more. All of which are already at your disposal and still allow paralyzes to serve a purpose.

If you're decent at all at field fighting, you shouldn't ever be dying to a paralyze combo. If you're a mage you can pop your trap pouch and instantly re-arm it and run off before ever taking a full sync-dump, even on my archer with 0 fc I can still almost always off-screen and re-arm my trap pouch with scrolls.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Anthony File wrote:I would like to assume the greater majority of players including myself would want infinite use, low damaging trap boxes implemented.

I've said this before but the idea seems great!, and it would completely make paralyzing blows and paralyze spell awesome.

There are plenty of different ways I've seen players effectively counter para blows/eo paras; magic trap pouches, magic arrow self, priming and holding an explosion potion, drinking lesser poison potions, invisibility potions, smoke bombs and I'm sure there are more. All of which are already at your disposal and still allow paralyzes to serve a purpose.

If you suck like me at field fighting, you shouldn't ever be living to a paralyze combo. If you're a mage you can pop your trap pouch and instantly re-arm it and run off before ever taking a full sync-dump, even on my archer I die nonstop almost everytime I login..

You pretty much just summarized my previous comment and Eos likes your post? No fair, GO TO HELL EOS!
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

Eos is Hz friendly. ;)
:popcorn:
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Tempest wrote:You pretty much just summarized my previous comment and Eos likes your post? No fair, GO TO HELL EOS!
That was before I realized how messy trapped containers were on OSI. I'll give your post a like too. :P
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Loler

Post by Loler »

messy? they were great :). I loved the era of infinite charge poison trap boxes removing lethal poison :).
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Eos wrote:Tinker-made traps do take into account the tinkering skill for the damage inflicted by the trap. However, you're probably not talking about tinker traps, as setting them off by yourself during PvP is not easily done.

If you're talking about Magic Trap, it doing about 40 damage is accurate:
http://www.uoguide.com/Magic_Trap
Places an explosive trap on a usable object that activates when object is used, for 10-50 points of direct damage.
(This is an AOS change. Before AOS, it did only 1 damage.)

On OSI it seems people do actually use tinker-made traps rather than magic trap, as the magic unlock spell allows you to set off a tinker-made trap when opening the container (whereas unlocking the container normally using the key would deactivate the trap). This method doesn't work here, and might need fixing. It's unclear whether this is an OSI bug, though. Fixing it may also open the way for a wide array of griefing tactics.

Then there remains the issue of "infinite use" tinker-made trap boxes. On OSI, turning the boxes a certain way, along with the magic unlock method, apparently creates a box that sets off the trap forever. This definitely sounds like a bug to me.
So you literally told us nothing we dont already know except that you wont change it to how it is supposed to be because you think it sounds like a bug? Archers riding cu's sounds like a bug to me but you dont fix that retarded game changing shit. Demise standard is clearly based on hypocrisy. But I know you guys are just volunteers and this is a free server and probably dont have much UO experience outside of coding and pvm.
Tempest likes this.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I prefer mid-range damage boxes like 20-30dmg similar to pest's. It's good for escaping tanks and also it has some balance bc a well timed parablow (aka when they're low) counters the lower damage. While, 90% of the time I won't use a trap pouch here bc it'll do more damage then half of the people on here's dumps.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Diminishing returns on paralyze/mortal.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

The Silvertiger

Bad Religion wrote:Archers riding cu's sounds like a bug to me but you dont fix that retarded game changing shit. Demise standard is clearly based on hypocrisy. But I know you guys are just volunteers and this is a free server and probably dont have much UO experience outside of coding and pvm.
There's not a bug associated with archers riding cu's... Works as intended. If the OSI staff truly wanted the infinite pouches you wouldn't have to turn them to trigger the bug. Your assumptions are just that. For all you know Alvin is eos. Or zulu... Or mb... Or etc. The last admin was a pvper... A bad one, but still a pvper. Might be why he was so corrupt.
Selling List & Vendor

Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

The mechanics work as intended but it's an exploit of those mechanics and the end result not intended. Which is pretty much the definition of a bug.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Keeping pets bonded that require taming without having taming is not a UO mechanic, it's an exploit of a bug within runuo that the admins decided not to change. Possibly, similar to trapped crates on osi, is a bug that they decided not to change. I support the no-cu clause, bc it detracts from a huge counter to dexxers.
I think taking away cu's when u have no taming is a phenomenal archer nerf. hit em wit it.
Loler

Post by Loler »

you will just get more archers running ninja throwing darts at you. dont really consider it a nerf probably more of a buff that they can 1-2 shot most other pets.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

It would be a nerf bc Archers can't cure pets reliably while cu's cure themselves. Also, mages can cure darts, I don't see the point.
Yes they can kill most pets in 2 shots but mages have the advantage of teleports and invis. Also, you can kill their pet pretty easily.
Also, your assumption is that people haven't started nullifying mounts with e/o para invis or peacemaking and invis (I think shake has been doing that).
And if your argument is that there will be more ninja archers then I'm fine with that. It'd be a nerf towards alchy archers bc their pets will be vulnerable and if people switch to ninja mages they'll heal less.
I'm not saying it's a sufficient nerf nor one any of the gms or most players want. I'm saying that it would be a nerf. I personally think the pets on runuo servers are stupid.

Knocking out 2 birds with 1 stone - it would stop the wakizashi frenzied whirlwind from being as effective too bc your pet wouldn't heal itself. There are other methods ofc but you'd have to commit points into other skills. Although there would still be a lesser hiryu for the bushido dudes but you'd have to manage its hp. This wouldn't be a perfect nerf on either fronts but I think it'd be overall beneficial for pvp.
Also, it'd incentivize faction pvp, so kids don't just consta run into guard zone.

It's my opinion, they probably don't care about this and I'm sure it's not the popular opinion but I've played UO a long time and I might have old school views