Frenzied Whirlwind [NEW]

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Haswell

Re: Frenzied Whirlwind [NEW]

Post by Haswell »

The main bug is that once you get out of range it should not perform damage, there is no range/LOS check during the damage ticks atm.
I'm not sure but I think you should not be able to chain that special move, a cooldown may be missing.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

@bama
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vitek- wrote: You just see 5's floating above your head in a fast manner and it really adds up. I'd say it probably does 15dps for 4ish seconds or so.

http://www.uoguide.com/index.php?title= ... oldid=9628

* [[Five_on_Friday_-_November_30%2C_2007|Will be fixed]] in the future to deal a reasonable amount of damage instead of 5 or less

http://www.uoforums.com/topic/13629-jer ... whirlwind/

I'll add it to the FoF list - sounds like a prime candidate.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

Vitek- wrote: The damage also scaled off of your bushido or ninjitsu skill.

This isn't to be confused with current-day FW mechs, where it adds a slow walk effect in addition to the short DoT.

Publish 81

https://uo.com/2013/04/15/publish-81-patch-notes/

• Frenzied Whirlwind, now deals scaled damage based on Ninjitsu/Bushido skill levels within a two tile radius over 2 seconds. Applies a movement slow to its initial target if it is player. The initial delay of damage over time has been removed.

I think it took them a few years to change/fix/nerf it
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

I think it's fine how it is. Like the only dexer templates you see use it and there's only 1-2
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

No, it's not fine, it does 60 damage and dci/weapon skill dont matter. I think it should have to hit a human target in order to do the aoe damage on people. So that there is some better rng rolls, because currently we're relying on their cu's wrestling, which means they have a higher chance. Also, osi changed it to do 20-50 damage, so atleast change that so it's osi accurate.
Arden likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Another reason to fix the taming on this shard, if you couldnt abuse the taming trick people wouldnt be using that special on horses/swamp dragons cause it would kill them.
DG

Post by DG »

Its very hard to trigger this trick and the special has no slow effect right now.check jefferson's video.it wont make dexxers kill ppl easily.
Maybe You guys just don't truely wanna see the diversity of pvp templates on Demise.All you want is to keep mages op.
The Silvertiger and Alvin like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I agree with dg. Keeps dexxers decently relevant. Dci and weapon skill doesn't matter explo fs...why penalize dexxers so that everything they have can be blocked. Back to the taming... Just feed the cu before you leave home, jump off of it, hit it, and remount... Doesn't seem like a taming fix would effect that.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

It's not about diversity, it's about having an ability to counter it, right now it does 60 damage, is stackable and your dci does not matter. Dropping the damage to 20-50 (scaling from skill) and making it to where you have to hit someone 1. Makes it do enough damage and 2. Makes it easier for you to accomplish the ability but makes it less likely to actually hit. It's should be no different than ANY OTHER SPECIAL. You're just currently exploiting a bug. Also, the slow came about during like high seas or somewhere around there, that is not osi accurate and it's pretty fucking broken but guess what it still relies on an opponents dci/wep skill.
Also, id agree it wasn't a problem if the gms didn't allow scripts, but you kids have a dismo hit Remo script, which makes it infinitely easier to hit and also if you were smart you'd only do it when the person is casting (so they have to stand still) or when they are dismounted (to make keeping up easier.)

Also, it is very easy to kill someone with it, if you hit 3 in a row (which has happened to people plenty of times) they can easily die without cross heals, bc itll do 180 damage.

also the template would still be here, there is no replacing bokutos and no dachis. People played that template well before the frenzied whirlwind exploit. You don't need a stackable 60 damage ability that doesn't rely on an opponents dci/wep skill to be relevant. Reducing it to 20-50 (based on skill) and making it to where you have to hit a player (and have it affect the initial target aswell) would make it VERY GOOD still. Just would make it Counterable.

Wow, silver you make a compelling argument (sarcasm, it was fucking stupid, as per usual) except for the fact that 1. You have to stand still to cast both of those 2. Mages have to stop to cast and heal 3. Evasion exists so they are dodgable 4. Dexxers can run and heal 5. Mages are disruptable. Also, the "fix" for mages is to reduce casting to 2/6 would solve your "mages op" problem. Mages are op in groups sure but exploiting a bug isn't a fix for that, and changing it to what I said gives these dexxers a damn good ability, that allows dci to counter it.

This isn't the reason I want the taming fix but it's a decent reason bc they'd have to watch their pets hp (I've seen king baboon who uses a hiryu) almost kill his pet with it before, it gives an opportunity to poison/bomb the pet as he gets off which gives a risk to doing. It would be alleviate some of the problem but not a solution to a bug.

P.S. not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere it hit the initial target back then. I posted a link about the damage being 20-50 in a post earlier (in this thread I think).
zulu2401 likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Ok, evasion vs dci... Tell me which gives more blocks...

If you get hit by this, from someone hitting their mount, three times in a row you should just trash can your items...

The counter is pretty simple... If you see a guy dismounted that hasn't been dismounted by your team, there's a good chance you're going to get dismounted/riding swiped or frenzied whirlwind'd. It's a good idea to stay away from the character attempting to do these things.

As far as mage vs dexxers... Think about this the best dexxer ever still misses. A magery spell never misses, excepting evasion which has a delay, which very few people use due to it's overall ineffectiveness...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

DG wrote:Its very hard to trigger this trick .
uhh? Wrong.
zulu2401 likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

It seems most of you havent figured out the mechanic of FW special move on Demise.You must stand next to your victim to use the trick.Not 2 Tiles.Staying one single tile away from a dexxer is too hard?
If you die to three FW tricks in row,i will strongly recommend you upgrade your PVP Ai to mongbats level.Mongbats flee when in low hp:D
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I think it's 2 tiles, i'd have to test it, but even then there is no logical reason why dci should not matter in this instance. The counter to magery is not the fact that u cant dodge a spells (Which u can and with a 120 parry, bush, anatomy and tactics it is pretty often, because it's based off your parry rate, which evasion even increases. I'm not sure the actual number but it's pretty good). Anyhow, the "balancing mechanic" for spellcasting is that they are disruptable and they have to stand still to cast. Mages have to stand still, while melee dexxers can always be constantly moving, even when they're healing. We don't need an unavoidable ability for dexxers, because they have the advantage of constant movement.

The reason melee dexxers are weak is because of the arcade casting demise has, not because spells are unavoidable. Melee dexxers were good on osi because they could disrupt the mages ability, which coincidentally is the reason the frenzied whirlwind is good, because it can disrupt miniheals.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

DG wrote:It seems most of you havent figured out the mechanic of FW special move on Demise.You must stand next to your victim to use the trick.Not 2 Tiles.Staying one single tile away from a dexxer is too hard?
If you die to three FW tricks in row,i will strongly recommend you upgrade your PVP Ai to mongbats level.Mongbats flee when in low hp:D
The example is getting xfielded, and having a wakizashi next to you.. Every melee ability you have to be 1 tile, allowing a 60 damage ability that isn't effected by dci is fucking retarded. Mages don't even have that.
Last edited by atomic chicken on August 8th, 2017, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Anyhow, despite you're misguided illusions about how this makes Merle dexxers balanced, here's the old uo guide on it, it says it does 5 damage and has 2 successive hits (think it means 5 dmg each hit but idk). This is not how the skill is intended to be used, I propose the damage pump it did get but that was only 2 successive hits not however many it has now.

This uo guide article was from 2008 but it was the same as the 2007 and 2013 uo guide page about it.
"It deals damage to all enemies within 2 tiles in two successive hits over time." - http://www.uoguide.com/index.php?title= ... ldid=14223

In 2008 they made a change to make it do 20-50 damage (scaling on ninja/bush) per frenzied whirlwind ability use.
"Frenzied Whirlwind now does more damage: 20 – 50 per strike" -
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... -february/