OSI Casting On Demise

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
The Silvertiger

Re: OSI Casting On Demise

Post by The Silvertiger »

Learn to read:
"Has nothing to do with automation" is not "automation doesn't matter to me."

You suck at this.

Maybe you should spend some time trash talking ghosts for practice.... GOGOGOGO!!!!!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

You're retarded.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

atomic chicken wrote:You're retarded.
I said ghosts... GOGOGOGO!!!!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Btw @eos I did a bunch of dueling with morto and you have it extremely close. If you would bump up the recovery delay after being fizzled, by a hair, I think it would be almost perfect. Just a bit too difficult to nox lock. Outside of that I'm really impressed. Good work
Last edited by Vitek- on September 8th, 2017, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I've thought the actual speed was slightly fast (like not super noticeable). This could be due to just steam, id have to test steam on osi to really verify but I can't bc no acc :/ ) But overall I'm pleased with it.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

supposed to be able to g heal through ma/fb, dont think you currently can
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Yeah you're right on that. I played more last night. MA certainly hits quicker than it should, and FB I can't attest to but it is probably offset at an equal proportion.

If you magic arrow yourself, you should be able to get a lightning up before the damage drops - so @eos if you decide to tweak it at all, that is a reliable metric to use.
fish, bass
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

To my knowledge your suppose to be able to gheal.in the amount of time it takes to cast fireball and the damage to actually be applied. I mentioned it when dueling morto last night as well. Other than that casting is good. Just the delay in ma/fb is to short by like a second. Lol
Drak'in

Post by Drak'in »

After reading some of these posts I want to put out a reminder ;
The majority of players that ive encountered on demise in my time here, are ones that actually cant function without gameplay automation. For many of these players it is why they left OSI. The biggest difference here is that gameplay automation is not only allowed, but ENCOURAGED on demise.

Automation of gameplay still existed on osi but to a smaller scale, and the players who were in the top 1% did not use scripts. It worked more like a curve on a test, where lesser skilled players could compete on a slightly higher level with assistance.

Personally, I enjoy that more people are able to pvp, and at the end of the day a script doesnt do anything that a skilled player isnt capable of. Most importantly, there is no script counterpart for advanced decision making which is really the divide between the average and the best.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Drak'in wrote:After reading some of these posts I want to put out a reminder ;
The majority of players that ive encountered on demise in my time here, are ones that actually cant function without gameplay automation. For many of these players it is why they left OSI. The biggest difference here is that gameplay automation is not only allowed, but ENCOURAGED on demise.

Automation of gameplay still existed on osi but to a smaller scale, and the players who were in the top 1% did not use scripts. It worked more like a curve on a test, where lesser skilled players could compete on a slightly higher level with assistance.

Personally, I enjoy that more people are able to pvp, and at the end of the day a script doesnt do anything that a skilled player isnt capable of. Most importantly, there is no script counterpart for advanced decision making which is really the divide between the average and the best.
Thisx100
There is a reason even with scripts the better player will win usually.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I was under the impression we were talking about adding osi casting. I don't personally care if people keep their scripts. But their scripts shouldn't teleport faster than I can run :)

People will still be able to script and play the same as they do now (given they will have to edit their delays in their scripts) the only difference that will be made script pvp wise by changing casting will be the speed at which their scripts work. And that changes the game as a whole. No more teleport away faster than I can run on a mount. (Which is really my biggest issue) no more mini heal faster than 1 can sync dump a target (which let's be real no one should be able to mini heal a fs worth of damage in the time it takes to cast a poison to follow it up)
Drak'in

Post by Drak'in »

desalonne wrote:I was under the impression we were talking about adding osi casting. I don't personally care if people keep their scripts. But their scripts shouldn't teleport faster than I can run :)

People will still be able to script and play the same as they do now (given they will have to edit their delays in their scripts) the only difference that will be made script pvp wise by changing casting will be the speed at which their scripts work. And that changes the game as a whole. No more teleport away faster than I can run on a mount. (Which is really my biggest issue) no more mini heal faster than 1 can sync dump a target (which let's be real no one should be able to mini heal a fs worth of damage in the time it takes to cast a poison to follow it up)
The only thing different about casting here is the delay from overcasting as far as I can tell, which served only one purpose on OSI. That purpose was an anti-automation mechanic. What you describe with teleporting has nothing to do with casting, and everything to do with automated targeting. Targeting involves many components working together such as latency, machine performance, and timing. When you automate something that has multiple components it will average faster than doing the same actions by hand, mostly due to human error.

TLDR; Above average players will still be teleporting faster than you can run. UO PVP in its finest hour was never about rapid targeting, it was about decision making.

EDIT: I forgot the point of my post when writing this LOL.. You cant talk about OSI casting without addressing scripting, because the rules of OSI casting were implemented to counteract scripting.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I don't like the automation, because I think people should work to get better at the game rather than have a robot do it. Automation doesn't make bad players competitive it makes bad players slightly harder to kill. Loler is right the good players will always beat the bad players. The only problem is when good players want to use automations and other good players do not (I.e. I don't) regardless of if I'm good or bad, someone on my skill level will have an advantage always.

Also, I don't think it's "just recovery" I'm pretty sure the spells are too fast as well.
Also, I don't think you should be able to mini heal/cure through a (non-scripted/queued target) harm/poison spam while on a conflag. It's just absurd to me.

People used to say "you have to script to be competitive in pvp." I think this an absurd mentality and should not be the goal of pvp on any server. It de-emphasizes skill-based pvp, in my opinion.

Also, on osi casting they can not tele faster than you can run, tele is used to not just let them dump repeatedly on you on osi. And to get offscreen for an invis, but if a Melee dexxer is chasing you, they'll keep up.

One more thing is it makes Melee dexxers competitive, we have very very few Melee dexxers and osi casting would make them more viable, which would be a cool change.

TL;DR - automation gives even skill players an ad stance over someone who doesn't use automation. Shouldn't ah e to use scripts to be competitive. Not just recovery time. And make Melee great again.
jaasso

Post by jaasso »

up
Bama likes this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

An corp
fish, bass