OSI Casting On Demise

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
The Silvertiger

Re: OSI Casting On Demise

Post by The Silvertiger »

Otim O'Connel wrote:OSI casting is based on everything OSI. Mysticism, gargoyles, imbuing it goes on and on. The casting is also reflected in the monsters not just players. When people say OSI casting. I am not even sure at one point in time you are imagining? But simply having up to date modern UO casting. Would not sit well with ML era Demise. It might better suit melee characters. It might nerf teleporting. It might better twist Demise into your play style. If that is the goal. But, far as being fun to play on Demise. Ptth... Your nuts. Have you even played OSI? Or are you reflecting back to a simpler time when you pwned noobs?
All they care about is how it affects the skill level of PvP. Or actually all they care about is PvP. My suggestion was perfect: osi casting in fel, demise everywhere else.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

The Silvertiger wrote: All they care about is how it affects the skill level of PvP. Or actually all they care about is PvP. My suggestion was perfect: osi casting in fel, demise everywhere else.
We dont all want it in fel either :roll:
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

This image is a visual representation of the life essence of a PvPer
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Otim O'Connel wrote:OSI casting is based on everything OSI. Mysticism, gargoyles, imbuing it goes on and on. The casting is also reflected in the monsters not just players. When people say OSI casting. I am not even sure at one point in time you are imagining? But simply having up to date modern UO casting. Would not sit well with ML era Demise. It might better suit melee characters. It might nerf teleporting. It might better twist Demise into your play style. If that is the goal. But, far as being fun to play on Demise. Ptth... Your nuts. Have you even played OSI? Or are you reflecting back to a simpler time when you pwned noobs?
All they care about is how it affects the skill level of PvP. Or actually all they care about is PvP. My suggestion was perfect: osi casting in fel, demise everywhere else.
The only reason I don't support the split casting is I think it would be hard to implement. Otherwise idc.

Osi casting we are talking about is the 2/6 cap not the uncapped. I'm not sure if casting changes between ml and SA, or atleast I couldn't find anything that says it has. The one that is on tc is what I'm referring to.

Also, it's not like we don't think about the pvm side of the server it's just I don't think it's going to affect that people as drastically as y'all make it out to be. Also adjusting in pvm is much easier. I've answered the pvm arguments many many times, look at the tc thread.

I've played many different styles of casting. And demise is by far the worst (besides that one shitty 4/8 server I played one time). All demise casting does is reward rapid casting for instead of timing.

This stuff about mysticism I have no idea why you brought it up unless casting changed during that period. But osi casting during ml would be fine, it'd open up potential templates like Melee and solve the teleport script shit. It'd fix a lot of the automation people use to "pvp." I don't get this "it'll make demise worse" argument. Like you provide 0 examples or scenarios. You're just asserting shit without explaining the reasoning behind it.

And I don't get the comment on the kill newbs thing? Trying to throw shade lol?

Lastly, this server claims to be an osi emulator, I can tell you that it's not even close to osi accurate, in many respects.
april0395

Post by april0395 »

atomic chicken wrote:Lastly, this server claims to be an osi emulator, I can tell you that it's not even close to osi accurate, in many respects.
Eos wrote:In summation, Demise is not an OSI clone, but it strives to be OSI-like as much as possible, except when OSI-like interferes with the type of shard the staff and players want Demise to be.
Pulled from here: http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... osi#p25558
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

april0395 wrote:
atomic chicken wrote:Lastly, this server claims to be an osi emulator, I can tell you that it's not even close to osi accurate, in many respects.
Eos wrote:In summation, Demise is not an OSI clone, but it strives to be OSI-like as much as possible, except when OSI-like interferes with the type of shard the staff and players want Demise to be.
Pulled from here: http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... osi#p25558

What im reading is eos is saying its to be as close to OSI as possible, while still allowing the community to make changes that suit it better than OSI functions can. Sounds like basically shes saying hey we want to be OSI, but better, with better quality of life fixes. The one thing that people dont seem to understand. OSI hasnt changed it casting in 15ish years? and its still alive and well (atlantic has more players daily than ALL of demise). OSI has NEVER lost players because of its casting, no pvm players nor pvp players have any issues with the casting as it is the way the game was INTENDED to be played. So far the only arguements ive heard about NOT providing accurate casting is PVM players are going to be upset they cannot hold 1 button to pvm anymore? which doesnt really make much sense as in whats the point of pvming if your holding 1 button and moving around :| i remember when you had to get 3-4 people together to do peerless/spawns because soloing them wasnt realistic. It should not be possible to take 1 character and solo a spawn in 10 minutes or a peerless, as these are designed as END GAME mobs that you do with friends. Allowing arcade casting is LITERALLY destroying every concept this game was designed around, at this point you can just log in hit play and watch the game be played for you, whats the point of playing that?
Loler

Post by Loler »

Osi had a few major casting changes about 10 years ago.

Also alot of people quit when the new zues thunderbolt shit paladins got came out and u could holy fist people for 35 damage at the speed of a magic arrow basically.

I also was soloing oaks on OSI 10 years ago and all the peerlesses when they first came out. Then again this is when the peace bug existed and you could block in mobs with boxes then hit them from 10 tiles away and they couldnt cast on you.

But sure we should copy exactly what osi does.

I dont know where you got most of your information though.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Loler wrote:Osi had a few major casting changes about 10 years ago.

Also alot of people quit when the new zues thunderbolt shit paladins got came out and u could holy fist people for 35 damage at the speed of a magic arrow basically.

I also was soloing oaks on OSI 10 years ago and all the peerlesses when they first came out. Then again this is when the peace bug existed and you could block in mobs with boxes then hit them from 10 tiles away and they couldnt cast on you.

But sure we should copy exactly what osi does.

I dont know where you got most of your information though.

On osi casting did you have any issues PVMing with the casting speed? sounds to me like the casting didnt in any way effect your ability to pvm.
april0395

Post by april0395 »

desalonne wrote:What im reading is eos is saying its to be as close to OSI as possible, while still allowing the community to make changes that suit it better than OSI functions can. Sounds like basically shes saying hey we want to be OSI, but better, with better quality of life fixes. The one thing that people dont seem to understand. OSI hasnt changed it casting in 15ish years? and its still alive and well (atlantic has more players daily than ALL of demise). OSI has NEVER lost players because of its casting, no pvm players nor pvp players have any issues with the casting as it is the way the game was INTENDED to be played. So far the only arguements ive heard about NOT providing accurate casting is PVM players are going to be upset they cannot hold 1 button to pvm anymore? which doesnt really make much sense as in whats the point of pvming if your holding 1 button and moving around :| i remember when you had to get 3-4 people together to do peerless/spawns because soloing them wasnt realistic. It should not be possible to take 1 character and solo a spawn in 10 minutes or a peerless, as these are designed as END GAME mobs that you do with friends. Allowing arcade casting is LITERALLY destroying every concept this game was designed around, at this point you can just log in hit play and watch the game be played for you, whats the point of playing that?
I don't have an argument for or against casting. I was just providing documentation against the "osi accurate" argument.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I actually did have a problem with the casting and im sure every necro weaver will cry like crazy if they implement it and they start losing every 2nd wither or thunderstorm. I however new a work around for this.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Protection is a spell that can help people at spawns. Also, spawns are easy, groups can do coon or rikki in like 5-10 minutes, which is pretty fast imo. I think we need to make them harder, personally.

Also, april that's fine but it's not even close to osi, like same map maybe but there's a lot of drastic differences. They said "osi but better," however osi during ML era was much better than this. But you're correct maybe it's not a osi-clone, but it is an osi-emulation, meaning it's supposed to be similar.

Also, we would be talking about the casting change right before the cutoff date that Demise has set (think it was like 2008 or something, not 100% sure, too lazy to go look back) which i believe is after that casting change that morto pointed out. Which i think is the current osi casting.
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

My argument is if we are gonna clone OSI casting, then I want to clone it all. Imbuing everything the whole enchilada. https://youtu.be/hFDcoX7s6rE

Here is a few suits
+15 Intelligence
+16 Mana Regeneration
+4 Hit Point Regeneration
+100% Lower Reagent Cost
+40% Lower Mana Cost
+33% Defense Chance Increase 2/6 Casting
All 70's resists!

100 Lower Reagent Cost
40 Lower Mana Cost 40 Defense Chance Increase
1300+ Luck
65+ All Resists

100 Lower Reagent Cost
40 Lower Mana Cost
5+ Mana Regeneration
45 Defense Chance Increase
2/6 Casting
70s ALL RESISTS!

MAX SWING SPEED SUIT! Top tier PvE or PvP
---+61 Stamina Increase---
+10 Dexterity
+40 Mana Increase
+11 Mana Regeneration
+25 Hit Point Increase
+55 Lower Mana Cost
+45% Hit Chance Increase
+45% Defense Chance Increase
+50% Damage Increase
+10% Swing Speed Increase
+50% Enhance Potions
All 70's resists across the board!
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
Loler

Post by Loler »

I will also say there was an uproar in the pvp community when they did that casting change and most people hate it. One of the big changes was when they made it so you could no longer spin and cast like you can currently on demise. The other one was removing the rubber banding while casting and trying to run at the same time. In these changes they actually changed more of the casting like how recovery worked. It's been a long time and sadly there is no osi backups that you can log in and see how shit used to work.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I don't really care to argue anymore about casting.

I will say I enjoy the demise casting in pvm. I have played different casting, including osi Lake Austin,, on the pvm side. I just enjoy killing stuff decently fast.

In PvP, I don't really care. I've played 0/0 casting and enjoyed it just as much as the arcade. In truth, the best pvpers will stick out in any casting. I understand that it's almost impossible to kill a semidecent player without mortal. Unfortunately, there's always going to be something wrong and imbalanced in PvP. It's more of a humanity issue than anything.

I also don't think it would be that difficult to add a facet check into the code for casting.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

The casting on Demise has been the same since birth of the server. I'm not sure the population gained would be worth the population lost. Uosteam is more to blame for the automation in PvP than the casting imo.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off