OSI Casting On Demise

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
atomic chicken

Re: OSI Casting On Demise

Post by atomic chicken »

Arguments as to it "it's always been this way" or "there's always gonna be something imbalanced" are not reasons why we should not try to create something balanced. The motto should be strive to be better.

Also, the problem with rubber banding morto from what I've heard was the ability to rubberband through walls which is dumb.

People are more likely to quit if we take out steam than if we implement osi casting, bc everyone uses it and some will confused why they can't get in with steam and some will just flat out not want to play without steam. (Pvp and pvm side)

Also, fuck imbuing that shit is awful, mysticism is broken af (wanna get rid of necromages, that's how you do it).

And yes you're right people who are good at the game will be better than people who are bad at the game. It's just with this casting the automated shit is op. Bad players/potatoes can just use the mini heal script. Example, mb is low then 6 hz hit the same mini script on mb (not throwing shade intentionally, just the first example that comes to mind). There is no skill involved, it's just robots. I don't use aimbot in shooter games, don't know why people should be allowed to automate their gameplay in uo. Ppl are just lazy. :/
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

What will stop people from adjusting scripts to work with slower casting?
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

I and "many others" will quit if OSI casting comes to demise.

Counter-argument activated NOW WHAT BITCHES
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
alllex likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Mr not-chicken-little chicken, it's not an argument. It's just a fact. As I stated, I don't care on the PvP/spawn side. My only concern is I have to spend 5 extra minutes spamming spells on peerless/gauntlet bosses. Some of them already take long enough. I'm not over here trying to spend all my free time playing uo. If I wanted to spend all that time I'd be playing wow or lol.

If the complaint is due to PvP, I say fix it for PvP and leave pvm out of it. If your complaint is for pvm, you might as well get to stepping...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

ortiz wrote:What will stop people from adjusting scripts to work with slower casting?
Adjusting scripts? They simply won't work/will fuck up. Just like when it was just Razor here and people used EUO and their shit fucked up all the time.

People seem to want UO as a easy mode game when it was never intended to be that waym this isn't world of warcraft, if that's what you want then go play it.

If people truly can't see the problem in holding down buttons with this casting then you are seriously delusional. It clearly ruins the game play and throws skill right out of the water.=
atomic chicken likes this.
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

The Silvertiger wrote:Mr not-chicken-little chicken, it's not an argument. It's just a fact. As I stated, I don't care on the PvP/spawn side. My only concern is I have to spend 5 extra minutes spamming spells on peerless/gauntlet bosses. Some of them already take long enough. I'm not over here trying to spend all my free time playing uo. If I wanted to spend all that time I'd be playing wow or lol.

If the complaint is due to PvP, I say fix it for PvP and leave pvm out of it. If your complaint is for pvm, you might as well get to stepping...
UO was never intended on holding buttons down, if that's what you want then go play WoW.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

The Silvertiger wrote:Mr not-chicken-little chicken, it's not an argument. It's just a fact. As I stated, I don't care on the PvP/spawn side. My only concern is I have to spend 5 extra minutes spamming spells on peerless/gauntlet bosses. Some of them already take long enough. I'm not over here trying to spend all my free time playing uo. If I wanted to spend all that time I'd be playing wow or lol.

The game is meant to be played, not be played for you, dumb-ass.

Stop being lazy, if you don't want to play the game with your hands, then don't bother playing at all. Go play a game called A Lazy Piece of Shit. From the looks of it, you fit the full description.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Vitek- wrote:I and "many others" will quit if OSI casting comes to demise.

Counter-argument activated NOW WHAT BITCHES

Cya.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

How does this sound... I like demise casting using in-game macros for pvm... Has nothing to do with automation and everything to do with killing things faster. If I wanted to hold buttons down wow is the last place I'd go. There's no holding buttons down on a brewmaster monk. If fact wow may be more involved than uo, now. Just look at ajani wrecking kids in the pits with 3 hotkeys. There's no timing left in uo. So please tell me that PvP, or anything, on demise is more difficult than wow.... When reefer was using stump hacks and razor I was using in-game macros. I can't attest for anything prior to that, but if we wanna brag about unautomated playing... I can probably guarantee that by percentage of hours played more of mine have been unautomated/unscripted than yours including free vet resser running 24/7. Tell me again how you don't like to hold buttons down while you're ma fb or fb/pot/pixie loop kills harrowers for you. Tell me again how you don't like to hold buttons down while you tele parablow people. Connectuo-me and shut up. I've made it quite clear my stance on automation in many threads concerning the removal of uosteam. Lemme just hear you say it one time that you used in-game hotkeys with your treestumps. Or that you never used easyuo before it was allowed. Anywho, arcade:pvm; osi:PvP/fel
Last edited by The Silvertiger on September 5th, 2017, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vitek- likes this.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I don't use scripts, closest thing to a script I use is the mini hotkeys from steam (the self, never do I use/nor have the target friends one). Also, I have a dismo/remount macro I have to press (don't double click the mount). Also I don't double click my pots, I use hotkeys for that. I also teleport by hand, click every tile I try to tele to. I don't even use a target enemy; it's last target me. I do have a get enemy macro for big fights or a set gray/blue/red as last target macro.

I do have a stump hack.

I also didn't use easyuo before it was allowed and I'd never use it in pvp, nowadays. Used it on another server like 8 years ago (it was allowed on there) in pvp and thought it was trash (using the pots/bandi script was trash not easy uo).

I don't use the fb ma macro/nor do I have it. I rarely use fb ma anyhow. But maybe I'm an anaomly.

I don't even use queued targeting. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it just makes this casting so much easier. My hotkeys are in steam for the simple reason of not wanting to have to set them every new char (i like to dupe my profiles and change minor things about them i.e. Change necro spells to chiv spells or whatever)
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

I enjoy the fast pace of PvP. I don't enjoy the casting on test center. Has nothing to do with automation.
Bama wrote:

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

The Silvertiger

atomic chicken wrote:words that I didn't read all of.
I was actually talking to @therealchickenlittle(just take it as a term of endearment, bro) and @therealwhitemike.
Selling List & Vendor

atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I assumed you say that, also I'm sure you got the idea. Mainly it was "I don't script."
It sounded general.
Anyhow, Ortiz, to you automation might not matter but it is a big problem within pvp, simply bc the ability to miniheal super fast on the lowest target is super easy now due to steam. Combined with the casting speed it makes it hard to counter. Osi casting would provide a good way to counter it (bc mini heal wouldn't be sufficient) and you'd have to use gheal instead.
Sure steam is a factor in the problem however it's less likely to be banned. I believe osi casting is the best solution and most likely to be implemented (although it is still u likely) for pvp and balancing out the mage scripting. Obviously there are other things in the game that need fixing, however I think this is the quickest, easiest and most effective solution.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

atomic chicken wrote:I assumed you say that, also I'm sure you got the idea. Mainly it was "I don't script."
It sounded general.
Anyhow, Ortiz, to you automation might not matter but it is a big problem within pvp, simply bc the ability to miniheal super fast on the lowest target is super easy now due to steam. Combined with the casting speed it makes it hard to counter. Osi casting would provide a good way to counter it (bc mini heal wouldn't be sufficient) and you'd have to use gheal instead.
Sure steam is a factor in the problem however it's less likely to be banned. I believe osi casting is the best solution and most likely to be implemented (although it is still u likely) for pvp and balancing out the mage scripting. Obviously there are other things in the game that need fixing, however I think this is the quickest, easiest and most effective solution.
I didnt say automation didnt matter to me. I just dont care for the casting currently implemented on the test center.
Bama wrote:

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

ortiz wrote:Has nothing to do with automation.
Uh, then I'm confused by this statement. It seems to hint at automation not being a concern of yours.

I much preferred the casting on the tc than the current demise casting because it takes timing to actually stop yourself from being disrupted. Also, you can't do most the spamming scripts like the xheal/cure lowest friend macro as effectively bc someone can repoison faster than you'll get a heal off and/or the heals won't be fast enough.

Someone can script things I'm sure, it's just on osi casting scripts mess up bc I don't think there is a way to adjust to disrupts in steam. While on current casting the disrupt only resets your current casting time and you can immediately cast again (so fb ma works) and only the osi you get disrupted and have to wait the full spell casting time in order to cast again (so if fb is disrupted you have to wait the whole time it'd of taken you to actually cast fb in order to cast magic arrow again). This rewards timing rather than spamming.

Now a lot of people always say "uh how can you die to fb ma!?!?!" And it's not like fb ma is effective in the field. Rather when someone is trying to spam mini heal on themselves in the field it's hard to kill them, especially if an archer friend keeps missing. You should not be able to get 3-4 miniheals in the time it takes for one lightning to be cast.

Also, teleport spams are ridiculous, people using scripts can just tele so much faster than someone by hand and you should not be able to tele faster than someone runs. In osi casting the tele is still useful but it's used to get offscreen with a buddy to invis you or you to protection invis/mount.