OSI Casting On Demise

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: OSI Casting On Demise

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:So the rules probably need updated. First off there's at least a two year old issue where very few things have been implemented osi accurate or not. If those rules are from psz as possibly implied they could be from the previous administration and therefore very in need of updating. I do know that in the previous administration players code got reviewed and implemented quite a bit. I think I even had some simple code put in that I played with.
Those rules need to be updated or even just trashed
Those were from when other servers were getting their code from Demise
People forget that Demise was basically a test server for the other servers
Those rules were done when PSZ and Lady Crimson and Ferris and Cain and McFly were running the place.

Remember when code got tested on The BAD/B@D test server?

And yes you did write some code that was added though you never fixed how the gems from greater dragons should drop

Fix casting
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

any gm update on this?
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

I checked and there were no GM updates on this.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos wrote:The following changes will go in effect after the scheduled server restart tonight:
  • Pigments can be used on more item types crafted with special materials:
    • House addon container deeds (e.g. arcane bookshelf deed)
    • Miscellaneous carpentry craftables (e.g. stools)
    • Fishing poles
    • Wooden containers
    • Jewelry
    • Light sources (e.g. candelabras)
    • Instruments
  • Pigments can now be used on the following artifacts: Conjurer's Trinket, Conjurer's Grimoire, Conjurer's Garb.
We look forward to the added color in the world of Demise!
tl;dr
BUMP
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bama wrote:
Eos wrote:The following changes will go in effect after the scheduled server restart tonight:
  • Pigments can be used on more item types crafted with special materials:
    • House addon container deeds (e.g. arcane bookshelf deed)
    • Miscellaneous carpentry craftables (e.g. stools)
    • Fishing poles
    • Wooden containers
    • Jewelry
    • Light sources (e.g. candelabras)
    • Instruments
  • Pigments can now be used on the following artifacts: Conjurer's Trinket, Conjurer's Grimoire, Conjurer's Garb.
We look forward to the added color in the world of Demise!
Fix your server not pigments. Holy shit.
Bdiddy11

Post by Bdiddy11 »

How about “we look forward to normal casting in the world of Demise” instead of more color... there’s enough color diversity as is. I’ve been here 11 days now and can already tell how broken casting is and not looking forward to gimp pvp.
Bad Religion and Josh like this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

OSI casting with diminishing returns on consecutive mortal strikes is all we need for a step in the right direction towards revitalizing PvP and bringing a lot more players to our server.

We already know that 'OSI' casting is already able to be limited within specific areas as seen with our arena rule settings.

I'm sure a greater majority of the population would be fine if that implementation of casting was bound within the Felucca facet, even if only just on a trial basis.

bump.
Last edited by Anthony File on January 21st, 2019, 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Josh and michaspener like this.
DG

Post by DG »

+1

Demise casting is loved by many players(including me when target exploit was there and high ping players could cast as fast as low ping players).However it is so fast and so op that Demise pvp relies too much on this casting.Players stop playing other templates or trying new things unless ping is too high to play mages.It harms pvp a lot.

Right now its a good timing to implement osi casting.With the help of garb,mages dci goes higher,which helps mages get used to the new casting when facing archers.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

-1 i dont want you to change it
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Ajani wrote:-1 i dont want you to change it
Ajani, you don’t PvP. It doesn’t affect your ability to buy pigments or farm peerless.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Anthony File wrote:
Ajani wrote:-1 i dont want you to change it
Ajani, you don’t PvP. It doesn’t affect your ability to buy pigments or farm peerless.
if i want to kill peerless in feluca or make the champion in feluca....... dont change it i dont like this other castin
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Loler

Post by Loler »

For so many people to want this new casting I haven't seen many people want to fight me with it.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Ajani likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:For so many people to want this new casting I haven't seen many people want to fight me with it.
The current “osi casting” they have isn’t accurate, it’s too slow. Also, my desire for casting changes has little to do with dueling, more to do with miniheal scripts and teleport spam.

Changing casting will make field fighting much more fun in my opinion. I agree with Anthony about the mortal/casting change.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Loler wrote:For so many people to want this new casting I haven't seen many people want to fight me with it.
I’m not great in the pits on either Demise/‘OSI’ casting. I’ve dueled you numerous times on OSI casting and it’s always overly one sided, I don’t find pit fights to be my main attraction to the game and never have. I’m sure I will further adapt when there is opponents at my skill level to improve against.

Anyways I’m more so interested in the change it will have with field and dungeon fights. Implementing casting changes will encourage coordinated team play, which is all I really want.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Bdiddy11 wrote:How about “we look forward to normal casting in the world of Demise” instead of more color... there’s enough color diversity as is. I’ve been here 11 days now and can already tell how broken casting is and not looking forward to gimp pvp.
thats pretty much every new players that I bring here they usually quit not too long after trying it
Josh likes this.