Accepted Applying Deadly Poison To A Weapon

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Vander Nars

Applying Deadly Poison To A Weapon

Post by Vander Nars »

I currently have 91 poison skill and iv failed 30+ times in a row to apply deadly poison to a kryss. I remember on osi you only needed 80 poison skill to apply deadly poison to a weapon with 100% success.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Applying Deadly Poison To A Weapon

Post by Bama »

I think you need 92
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Bama wrote:I think you need 92
thank you for the reply i was getting upset that i wasted money on a char that was broken.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

atomic chicken wrote:http://www.uoguide.com/index.php?title= ... oldid=4669

UO guide from 2007.

yeah I used that guide for best gains but i still remember being able to apply dp to a weapon while only having 80s skill on osi.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I'm pretty sure you have a very low chance bc you can bump up dp to lp at 80. (You should have an 80% chance, I thimk)
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

http://stratics.com/threads/whats-the-m ... on.146057/ (2009)

http://stratics.com/threads/poisoning-s ... tc.106368/ (2008 - ML)

Here are some people agreeing with your statement. (Ofc it's not proof but it is something)
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

atomic chicken wrote:http://stratics.com/threads/whats-the-m ... on.146057/ (2009)

http://stratics.com/threads/poisoning-s ... tc.106368/ (2008 - ML)

Here are some people agreeing with your statement. (Ofc it's not proof but it is something)
Yeah I knew i wasnt crazy lol, I wonder why demise/runuo is so different.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Well, they don't get everything right, also I searched a ton of publishes and I can't find anything that says what the rate of success on poisoning.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote: Yeah I knew i wasnt crazy lol, I wonder why demise/runuo is so different.
I think they could have coded it using that UOGuide guide which may make the whole code wrong

Gaining skills on OSI is done differently than on Demise
On OSI we (mostly) always did things we had a 50% chance to succeed to gain very rarely did we gain on failures

On Demise when we have a 0.2% chance to succeed we do that action to gain because as long as you have the skill to attempt you will gain. Once you have a 100% chance to succeed you will never gain

The majority of times on OSI if you failed you didn't gain
An example is taming. On OSI you never gained in taming if you failed to tame the animal
On Demise you find an animal where you have a 0.2% chance to tame it and you can get multiple gains from failures

When you craft things on Demise always use the menu as a guide it saves you all sorts of time and resources
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Bama wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: Yeah I knew i wasnt crazy lol, I wonder why demise/runuo is so different.
I think they could have coded it using that UOGuide guide which may make the whole code wrong

On OSI we (mostly) always did things we had a 50% chance to succeed to gain very rarely did we gain on failures

On Demise when we have a 0.2% chance to succeed we do that action to gain because as long as you have the skill to attempt you will gain. Once you have a 100% chance to succeed you will never gain

An example is taming. On OSI you never gained in taming if you failed to tame the animal
On Demise you find an animal where you have a 0.2% chance to tame it and you can get multiple gains from failures

When you craft things on Demise always use the menu as a guide it saves you all sorts of time and resources
Well shit I wish I knew this like year or so ago when I got started lol, iv been operating on the 50% for best gains belief since osi is still very ingrained in me. So the .2 chance works best for all skills?
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote:
Bama wrote:

Well shit I wish I knew this like year or so ago when I got started lol, iv been operating on the 50% for best gains belief since osi is still very ingrained in me. So the .2 chance works best for all skills?

Yes sir
As soon as you have a 0.2% do that action or make that item do it
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote:I currently have 91 poison skill and iv failed 30+ times in a row to apply deadly poison to a kryss. I remember on osi you only needed 80 poison skill to apply deadly poison to a weapon with 100% success.
Going by the RUN/UO way of gaining skill on Demise .........
You will need 95.0 poisoning to attempt/have a chance to apply deadly poison
94.9 or lower you will always fail and you won't gain
I tested this on the Demise Test Centre
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote:I currently have 91 poison skill and iv failed 30+ times in a row to apply deadly poison to a kryss. I remember on osi you only needed 80 poison skill to apply deadly poison to a weapon with 100% success.
On OSI

A'Nars_8-28_10.04.jpg
A'Nars_8-28_10.04.jpg (237.09 KiB) Viewed 3923 times

A'Nars_8-28_10.05.jpg
A'Nars_8-28_10.05.jpg (242.24 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars likes this.