Post your Demise bug reports here!
Bama
Bug Hunter

PETS

Post by Bama »

Please look into fixing them

Pet Speed
This needs a look
I've shown that at 120/120 taming and lore and with a wonderfully happy pet I can off screen it using a last spell hotkey and manually targeting the spot I want to teleport to

I've shown how lethargic they are when fed by the owner when the owner does not have the skills to control the pet

Pet Commands
The guard command on Demise is interesting
My pet can be on the other side of the screen and if I command it to guard me and it obeys it bolts right to me. The guard command is not the follow me command
On OSI the pet will guard you but it won't come to you if you don't tell it to come to you

On OSI a pet that is guarding you does exactly that
It guards you
It does not attack anything that flags you
It does not attack anything you attack
It guards you until you take damage
Once you take damage your pet attacks whatever hit you

On Demise the guard command is strange
If my pet is guarding me and something flags me my pet attacks it
If I go in war mode and double click a monster just double click from the other side of the screen my pet attacks it
If 10 things flag me my pet takes the aggro and as long as I take 1 step out of the way I never take melee damage
Now as my pet is fighting these 10 things and another thing spawns on the other side of the screen and flags me my pet takes off to that one dragging the 10 other things with it. Or that 11th thing comes to my pet and my pet takes the agro

On OSI the only commands that clear the guard command are kill and stop

On Demise the guard command is cleared by the following commands
Follow
Kill
Stay
Stop
Drop (this was removed early last decade I think)
Add/remove a friend ( why? )

Adding a friend
If I add you as a friend to my pet my pet takes off to you. It shouldn't but it does
As a friend and as long as you have the skills to control a pet that needs the skills you tell it to follow you
Or I can tell it to follow you. Until the follow command is given the pet stays by the owner not the friend

Friends of pets
Please fix pets path finding to a friend whether the friend is in the game or not

As it is on Demise if you are a friend to my pet and I recall or log in to an area where you are or where you logged out my pet path finds right to your location

If I am hidden anywhere in the game and you as a friend give any of the 3 commands
Follow
Stay
Stop
I am revealed
If I am hidden anywhere in the game and my pet dies I am revealed

Pets and Golems/Juggernauts
Telling your pet to attack either of those doesn't work on Demise or OSI
On Demise if I attack it or if I am in war mode and double click it whether I am close enough to it to hit or not my pet attacks i
On OSI I have to take damage from it before my pet attacks it
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Legacy likes this.
tichondrius

Re: PETS

Post by tichondrius »

To just add on to your "all guard" command.

Your pet should passively obey this command. I've noticed when I tell my pet to guard me, he turns away from the fight and towards me to acknowledge the command. All that needed for acknowledgement is that dragon snarl sound they make, not to turn away from the fight.
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: PETS

Post by Bama »

tichondrius wrote:To just add on to your "all guard" command.

Your pet should passively obey this command. I've noticed when I tell my pet to guard me, he turns away from the fight and towards me to acknowledge the command. All that needed for acknowledgement is that dragon snarl sound they make, not to turn away from the fight.
Nice

Other stuff like when your pet is fighting something and another thing spawns and goes to the spot where your pet is fighting. Your pet switches targets kills the second thing and walks back to you instead of just staying where it is and continuing with the first fight

So annoying when it drags the spawn back to you
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈