Verification Needed Bola range

Post your Demise bug reports here!
desalonne

Bola range

Post by desalonne »

Can we please have bola range looked at? it seems a little insane that a dude whos literally 2 screens behind me (unable to even be seen on screen) is able to hit me with a bola. It seems that you only have to target the player and even if the player can get off screen the bola will still count.
Loler

Re: Bola range

Post by Loler »

You seem to have a very small screen, maybe up your resolution.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Anthony File likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Bola range is fine, being able to tele bola is dumb.
Loler

Post by Loler »

We used to specifically tele bola on OSI. The only difference is on OSI you could't teleport like Goku after defeating Freiza.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

i mean my screen is a decent size. i think its a little ridiculous if theres literally no one ON my screen. and yet the bola can still reach me. lol
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Because bola have a delay now. When u hit bola need any seconds to dismount, if u run away (with/without teleport) can't cancel launched bola. Always happens this, you are hitting, flees and is dismounted screens after. I hate system but its correct (like osi).
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

desalonne wrote:i mean my screen is a decent size. i think its a little ridiculous if theres literally no one ON my screen. and yet the bola can still reach me. lol
Kinda like that magic arrow that finally hits you 30 mins after it's cast or is it like that explo that was targeted 3 seconds ago and hits you still even after going through a gate or running 3 screens away?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Necrodog likes this.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

No, those are delayed spells (magic arrow might be a little diff) the bola he's talking about it the one where they get within the distance check at the designated time (1 1/2s after targeting someone I think) and then you're offscreen. What I don't get (and idk if osi is like this but why is the target check (your cursor and then target last/enemy) like a few tiles away but you barely have to be on screen to finish the bola? Not saying I want it changed to increased targeting range, just curious.

The biggest annoyance is the fast teleport, it makes bola'ing super easy, they just spam tele and you can't outrun, so you try to dodge which works but they can then poison your pet too. It's possible to do it with 1 tele and that's how I bola people (usually drop my book so I'm like 1/5 casting)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

So I double click the bolas. I target you.You run offscreen. It hits you.

Sound right?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Nah, it's more like use bola, target you, then tele once, then they get off screen and bola hits them (as long as a building or something that breaks line of sight is in the way) but they're still offscreen.

Idk if the range is correct or not personally, I'm just saying he's not wrong you can get hit from offscreen. Idk if it's accurate.
Last edited by atomic chicken on September 24th, 2017, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:We used to specifically tele bola on OSI. The only difference is on OSI you could't teleport like Goku after defeating Freiza.

Actually it was bola animal form lol
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

They're fine they reach 15 tiles as intended. You can double tele on OSI too if you're not shit at it.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Loler

Post by Loler »

That was when dogs healed you for 20 points from the transformation at 4/6 speed and costed no mana, and you could bola people in human form then follow them with dog form. They changed the heal portion the mana portion and the fact you could bola people then transform into dog form.

After all those changes went threw people bola'd with teleports.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Arden

Post by Arden »

Ahh I quit osi before the animal form changes.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

I wish there were instant bolas that you could throw from stealth. Those were the days...