Invalid I AM CRASHING A LOT

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Made In Quebec

Re: I AM CRASHING A LOT

Post by Made In Quebec »

I don't know what people are complaining about...

I log on every two months for 8.4 seconds per accounts, and never, ever did I have any problem with disconnection.

I really think that people are exagerating the situation, as it really never occured to me...
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Made In Quebec wrote:I don't know what people are complaining about...

I log on every two months for 8.4 seconds per accounts, and never, ever did I have any problem with disconnection.

I really think that people are exagerating the situation, as it really never occured to me...
People were getting multiple trinkets at h town with actual playtime even less than that.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

:O
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Lady

Post by Lady »

U r going out of topic! And yes, some ppl do d/c, when they have 10+ ppl on screen (i guess is steam related error, cuz the inet is ok and the pc is ok as well, so its not a hardware or net problem )
The Silvertiger

http://www.uogamers.com/community/threa ... es.603492/
Ryan, post: 4319437, member: 1 wrote:There are no connectivity issues.

I've told [USER=144420]@Selene[/USER] during a lengthy chat, I want to actually do a shutdown on the Demise instance, change its instance type and bring it back up. This shard is running on Amazon, it's not like it's in some "junk datacenter" or in my basement. I've also sent [USER=153480]@Eos[/USER] an email and would like to get it fixed but havent heard back yet.

We're all busy, but this is not a connectivity issue. I don't believe it's even an instance issue. Demise and Hybrid (save a few small things) run the same core RunUO. They're in the same Amazon VPC, they're in the same network... this problem is not persisting on Hybrid. When these servers with both in Amazon's Ohio region we had similar issues on both shards with disconnects and the like.

I will try to talk to Eos and see if there's something we can do to nail this down but I can assure you, Demise is not having a network problem.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
raptor-

Post by raptor- »

no network issues but over 40 people affected hmmmm
The Silvertiger

raptor- wrote:no network issues but over 40 people affected hmmmm
I believe him. Not everything is black and white. I believe that there is a hardware/software issue. The network didn't change until weeks after the issue presented itself. Hybrid was running similar numbers during this period and the issue either doesn't present itself or has minimal effect.
Selling List & Vendor

Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

raptor- wrote:no network issues but over 40 people affected hmmmm
Disconnection could be caused by your cat chewing on your internet wire connecting you to your modem.

Does that cause a net work issue? No, it's a material issue.

It's absolutely possible, to have disconnection issues, without it being caused by the network itself.
Arden

Post by Arden »

bump
-Basic client
-West Coast
-Never had issues before

Tonight:
-DC every 2-5mins tonight
Last edited by Arden on December 5th, 2017, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
april0395 likes this.
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Arden wrote:bump - Basic client - never had issues before dc every 2-5mins all night tonight.
My BF and I were consistently losing connection at the same times as Arden. I haven't experienced anything like it before. Every 2-5 minutes disconnecting, unable to log back in for up to 5 mins. It happened 10 times or so.

Sorry for the :beathorse: :(
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Arden likes this.
VashGFO

Post by VashGFO »

I would suggest doing a trace route command, and seeing if you're local ISP is having issues resolving the IP address of the server. It's possible that sometimes core routers on the ISP have issues which means you have issues connecting to services because they have to take extra long routes across the country. To run a trace route open a dos command prompt and type tracert and the IP address of 34.234.30.69 (demise AWS IP) and paste the results. This is going to include latency times as well and will help figure out if there is a network latency issue as well.