Bad Religion

Re: Teleport

Post by Bad Religion »

And increase the range to 16 tiles
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

suggestion:

fix field range (super broken) so we can cockblock people teleporting with walls.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8598&p=48237&hilit ... nge#p48237
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Arden

Post by Arden »

Vitek- wrote:suggestion:

fix field range (super broken) so we can cockblock people teleporting with walls.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8598&p=48237&hilit ... nge#p48237

Ive discussed this with a few dewds, not as a fix to teleport but as a possible neded fix. Im not sure how I Feel about it. Its pretty damn strong on OSI lol. And with steam could you imagine teleport + throw wall scripts
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

yah no fuck that shit, people would just come up with retarded scripts for it
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

the gms dont see these things as exploits, even though they are so they dont fix them that is the real problem. They are exploiting a server mechanic through steam and it goes ignored.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Well, it makes choke point pushing hard when you're handicapped four tiles and can't push without sticking your neck out waaayyy too far. That's why it's conflags and wild fires :/. Can't tell you how many wall-ins I've missed due to clicking that 12th tile. Seems like an oversight tbh.

These fields were made for pushing <\3

Plus I don't see tele wall being used now and I don't think 4 tiles would really do anything to change that. In open field I'd rather just tele parashot and in a dungeon you need proper placement because it's only 3 tiles wide. Efield lays instantly here too and its not supposed to and that's abused so hard here but nobody says anything lol.

Anyways, maybe I'll just bump that thread cuz I think it's worth thinking about a little harder than "hzs gonna script something those bastards" and not giving it more thought than that
fish, bass
michaspener

Post by michaspener »

Up #fixteleport2k18
Arden likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Fix casting, it's garbage, this will fix teleports. Then if u do that I say fix fields, I would support fields with fast casting if i knew they wouldnt be exploited with scripts, i think casting is too fast to jsutify the change right now.
Arden

Post by Arden »

They will wait till after h-town just like last year with wildfire.

Hz and GM John, I mean mb needs all the help he can get.
Vitek- likes this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Casting on Demise is the most competetive casting in all UO history.
Many legends like Ajani were raised on it. Believe me, you don't want to be in a box with him. Demise 1v1 events are the most popular 1v1s, there is no server that can compete with this population. Obviously, there is ~0.5% of community that can't adapt. So they blame their deaths on mechanics.
Teleports require a lot of skill and practice, while riding on a mount does not. So teleports are slightly faster than mounts. And it should stay as it is now. Because why we should stop rewarding players that are skilled? If you are skilled, you are supposed to have better benefits.
Arden

Post by Arden »

royal kapero2 wrote:Casting on Demise is the most competetive casting in all UO history.
Many legends like Ajani were raised on it. Believe me, you don't want to be in a box with him. Demise 1v1 events are the most popular 1v1s, there is no server that can compete with this population. Obviously, there is ~0.5% of community that can't adapt. So they blame their deaths on mechanics.
Teleports require a lot of skill and practice, while riding on a mount does not. So teleports are slightly faster than mounts. And it should stay as it is now. Because why we should stop rewarding players that are skilled? If you are skilled, you are supposed to have better benefits.
Lol

Quoting so everyone can see this before he deletes
Josh

Post by Josh »

royal kapero2 wrote:Casting on Demise is the most competetive casting in all UO history.
scripts =/= skill :[
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

manual teleporting > scripts
fish, bass
Arden

Post by Arden »

bumps - updated some shit

UPDATES:
We discussed this on discord, how about reducing casting in fel zones only to a truer "osi" casting. And leaving trammel zones alone?
royal kapero2 likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

bump where do we page on people exploiting bugs?