Invalid Secure chest disapeared during save

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
armintamzarian2

Secure chest disapeared during save

Post by armintamzarian2 »

I was arranging my items in some chests that I had stacked 3 high and secured inside my house and it started saving when I was dropping some totems into a bag inside of the middle secured chest and then after the save the chest that I was dropping the items into had disappeared. I ran around the house with my circle of transparency on but I do not see the chest anywhere. Luckily I only had an inscription totem along with 2 totems of the void in there so no big loss but I am afraid to rearrange my chests now. My chests will be a mess forever!!
Solo = Got no friends. :lol:
Discord - Armin#8701
hrs024

Re: Secure chest disapeared during save

Post by hrs024 »

maybe check moving crate
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

hrs024 wrote:maybe check moving crate

I'm going all in with the chest was not locked down and secured

We don't get a system message saying that an item or container has been locked down when we lock down an item

Syn_3-25_17.35.jpg
Syn_3-25_17.35.jpg (240.62 KiB) Viewed 2088 times

Though we do get a message saying something is locked down when we go to lock down something that is already locked down

Syn_3-25_17.35-1.jpg
Syn_3-25_17.35-1.jpg (242.72 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

that is more believable, it happened to me when i first started here
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
armintamzarian2

Post by armintamzarian2 »

I could be inclined to agree that maybe it was not locked down and secured and maybe it was a coincidence that the chest disappeared the second I dropped an item into it. The chest was only at most there for 30 minutes before the save as I had just made the chest to replace some stupid wooden box I had there previously. I guess I assumed tho that items did not decay if you are actively accessing them. I was using the chest to hold empty bags to sort items into them then move the bag to the corresponding chest because my previous containers had a messy jumble of items in them. So the chest had items moving in and out of it constantly. My whole window was open containers. Nearly endless chests of bags of bags of junk. Then the item I was dropping dropped exactly as the game paused to save and had not yet appeared in the bag being held in limbo between the two containers then the chest was gone the second the game unpaused. Coincidence.....maybe. Lol. Still never finished arranging my items. :/
Solo = Got no friends. :lol:
Discord - Armin#8701