Verification Needed Peacemaking

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Josh

Peacemaking

Post by Josh »

Peacemaking doesnt work properly. On demise it functions as a paralyze for an extended time.

Anecdotal accounts from friends who have played OSI claim tamed pets still follow you (one account said it functions as an all stop), meaning it doesn't stand still, it walks around.

" If successful, the targeted creature will either remain non-aggressive or stop attacking it's target until a sufficient attack upon it breaks the trance or the bard loses line of sight for more than 10 seconds." - http://www.uoguide.com/Peacemaking#

"If successful the creature will be kept calm until a sufficient attack breaks the trance or the bard looses line of sight for more than 10 seconds." 2007 revision - http://www.uoguide.com/index.php?title= ... oldid=4558

Start at 12:00, this is how peacemaking is supposed to work on untamed monsters, you peace it can still hit you if you're close enough and will potentially break by doing actions that cause it to be aggressive. Ex: she tries to tame and "angers the beast" which eventually breaks the peace. This video is from Atlantic - https://vimeo.com/60914498

Here is a forum post on how it doesn't just paralyze the monster from stratics talking about osi. I posted a picture so you don't have to sift through the entire thread if you don't want to - https://stratics.com/threads/question-a ... ng.137079/

There still needs to be testing done on how it works on tamed pets - it should either stay all follow me or all stop but further testing needs to be on osi, if anyone has video of that testing that would be very helpful to post.
Edit: sufficient damage reduces time on here, but depends on barding difficulty + damage.

Also line of sight doesnt work correctly, wall of stone inbetween a player and the pet (continuously blocked of sight) didn't reduce the time of the peace at all. I walled for more than a minute and it didn't break the peace, it should break within 10 seconds. I know i can possibly invis the player but this doesnt work in pvp situations where people peace my pets.

Why this is a concern in pvm - You could potentially farm anything by peacing and hitting it continuously without any challenge, this makes it broken even in a pvm perspective. You should not be able to solo almost every monster without challenge.

Why this is a concern in pvp - you can functionally have an extremely hard to break* paralyze on mounts, except for mounting, which is nullified by invis. You can reveal if they don't weaken spam you or you get a lucky detect hide off with human skill (but they can just re-invis too).
Attachments
peacemaking info.jpg
peacemaking info.jpg (98.42 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
Last edited by Josh on October 5th, 2018, 11:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bad Religion likes this.
The Silvertiger

Re: Peacemaking

Post by The Silvertiger »

Props for attempt to bring pvm into it. However, ask anyone who has ran peace for awhile, it's not as op as you make it sounds. First off even with slayers monsters with a high barding difficulty are 1 out of 10/20 attempts with 10 second wait-for-skill intervals. Secondly, there are already other templates that solo almost every monster without a challenge.

The only change this would bring to the pvm side is to make taming more difficult for some people.

I look forward to your endless journey investigation and videos.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on October 4th, 2018, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:Props for attempt to bring pvm into it. However, ask anyone who has ran peace for awhile, it's not as op as you make it sounds. First off even with slayers monsters with a high barding difficulty are 1 out of 10/20 attempts with 10 second wait-for-skill intervals. Secondly, there already other templates that solo almost every monster without a challenge.

The only change this would bring to the pvm side is to make taming more difficult for some people.

I look forward to your endless journey investigation and videos.

Yea, the solo most mobs is with a lot of money spent in a suit, this would require the suit to be less good.
Last edited by Josh on September 28th, 2018, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silvertiger

My hell hounds can solo ancient wyrm really quickly with a trash suit. 5 of 6 doom bosses... With armor picked up from Luna, 2.4kk HLD glasses and soul seeker I can kill almost any monster in the game soloable by a melee character.

Anywho that's not what this thread is about.

I look forward to your "endless journey" investigation and videos.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Josh wrote:
Also, one success can lead to 90 seconds of attempts on another success which can be stacked, that's 9 attempts to try to peace again.
I’m not sure what you are saying here
What do you mean by another success which can be stacked?

Is there not a system message that’s say something like

“ that creature is already being calmed “

Because there should be and that stops you from calming something that is already calm
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Josh

Post by Josh »

my bad im wrong about that
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Someone got their pet peace'd and has a bee in their bonnet.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Josh

Post by Josh »

Mr Straitions wrote:Someone got their pet peace'd and has a bee in their bonnet.
Didn’t make this bc mb/anthony peace’s my mount, although it is annoying.

But I guess unlike you I like to help the server closer mirror osi in 2008.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

*selectively

I posted a video on how field distance is 15 tiles and kvg cried for three pages
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Josh

Post by Josh »

Vitek- wrote:*selectively

I posted a video on how field distance is 15 tiles and kvg cried for three pages
I personally don’t think I did, but I think they should fix casting first bc the quicker casting means there’s less distance someone can run during your field casting so with automated scripts they allow, 15 tile fields could be a bit broken. Ex: wall script/parafield x tile in front of script/spam but you get 5 more tile range.
Also I’m a member of kvg I don’t necessarily agree with everyone in kvg.
Also vitek I want most osi-accurate things (including 15 tile fields) but I think things should come in a certain order. Some things with current casting mechanics can be broken, but those things are fixed/remedies by other accurate mechanics.
But go ahead and shit talk breh.
Last edited by Josh on September 29th, 2018, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Josh wrote: Also vitek I want most osi-accurate things (including 15 tile fields) but I think things should come in a certain order.
Where in that order would you put getting mana leeching fixed?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bama wrote:
Josh wrote: Also vitek I want most osi-accurate things (including 15 tile fields) but I think things should come in a certain order.
Mana leech can be fixed at any point, there is no reason i see changing it to the proper mechanic would make it broken tbh.
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:
Last. Go away.
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Bama wrote:
Last. Go away.
ahueahueahueahuea
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Josh

Post by Josh »

bump