Invalid Mounts (behaviour when dismounted)

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
royal kapero2

Mounts (behaviour when dismounted)

Post by royal kapero2 »

Mounts that fail the taming check shouldn't follow the owner at their maximum speed, especially with broken casting and abusing teleports.
royal kapero2

Re: Mounts (behaviour when dismounted)

Post by royal kapero2 »

Well, it's more like an opinion. If it would improve Pvp, I don't care honestly.
Ajani likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

royal kapero2 wrote:Well, it's more like an opinion. If it would improve Pvp, I don't care honestly.
No, it's not.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

No, without taming when you die mounts are supposed to be on all stop basically (they don’t re-follow) reetus has posted a video of it before.
Last edited by Josh on February 25th, 2019, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

^^^^^^^^

It's not an opinion. ;)
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

updated with the video link
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

royal kapero2 wrote:Mounts that fail the taming check shouldn't follow the owner at their maximum speed, especially with broken casting and abusing teleports.
I couldn't agree with you more but it is just a minor hindrance sadly. Though they should look into pet speed and compare OSI to Demise

Cu sidhes, teleport specials

Not to go off topic too much, as casting seems to be the main focus of this thread, I'd like to touch upon these subjects briefly.

On OSI, it is possible to soulstone your animal taming and lore skills and still be able to ride a cu sidhe. If you last gave it a follow order, it will continue to follow you. Though, there are minor hindrances on OSI like the stable resetting the last given order and not filling up pet happiness. Aside from these minor hindrances, riding a cu sidhe without skill is accurate behavior. We have considered implementing the OSI hindrances, but know that these will not remove the core issue.

Performing a weapon special immediately after teleporting is also OSI accurate behavior. There is no delay after teleporting for weapon swings.

Striving for OSI accuracy and balance also includes maintaining these mechanics.

We read your posts.[/quote]
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

royal kapero2 wrote:Mounts that fail the taming check shouldn't follow the owner at their maximum speed, especially with broken casting and abusing teleports.
Mounts that pass the skill check do not keep up with the owner when the owner teleports on OSI
Even when the owner manually casts and targets the spot to teleport
I have shown this many times
I have been informed that it is a hindrance

Here
I have the skill to control the unicorn
I am using the in game last spell hotkey
I am manually targeting the spot to teleport
I off screen my pet
All of that is on OSI

Teleporting with a pet
http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 105#p61904

Dead owner with a pet
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =30#p70553
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Legacy likes this.
kobra

Post by kobra »

Actually I always thought that having mounts without taming skill was a demise thing, always like it, please do not change it :)
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Running and stopping to cast teleport on OSI
Using in game hotkey last spell
And manually targeting the spot to teleport
The pet can not keep up with me.

The 3rd screenshot shows that I had to cast the spell twice because the first time I targeted to far away

Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05.jpg (223.26 KiB) Viewed 3134 times
Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-1.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-1.jpg (222.67 KiB) Viewed 3134 times
Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-2.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-2.jpg (226.41 KiB) Viewed 3134 times
Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-3.jpg
Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-3.jpg (226.72 KiB) Viewed 3134 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bama wrote:Running and stopping to cast teleport on OSI
Using in game hotkey last spell
And manually targeting the spot to teleport
The pet can not keep up with me.

The 3rd screenshot shows that I had to cast the spell twice because the first time I targeted to far away

Dusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05.jpgDusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-1.jpgDusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-2.jpgDusty Bottoms_2-25_20.05-3.jpg
I can teleport away from my bonded cu sidhe on demise
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Ajani wrote: I can teleport away from my bonded cu sidhe on demise
So what is it that the players are complaining about then?

From what I understand the players are saying that when they dismount a player the dismounted player’s pet keeps up with the player that is teleporting away.

Now you are saying that your pet doesn’t keep up with you as you teleport away. Do I have that right?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bama wrote:
your pet doesn’t keep up with you as you teleport away. Do I have that right?
correct
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bama wrote:
So what is it that the players are complaining about then?

From what I understand the players are saying that when they dismount a player the dismounted player’s pet keeps up with the player that is teleporting away.

Now you are saying that your pet doesn’t keep up with you as you teleport away. Do I have that right?
You have to teleport very fast and decently far before the pet stops following you. On foot it is impossible (or nearly impossible) to outrun your pet bc the pet skips every 3 steps it takes.
This makes it hard to poison (especially as the dismounter) and keep up with bc of the skipping.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Josh wrote: You have to teleport very fast and decently far before the pet stops following you. On foot it is impossible (or nearly impossible) to outrun your pet bc the pet skips every 3 steps it takes.
This makes it hard to poison (especially as the dismounter) and keep up with bc of the skipping.
So is pet speed a problem on Demise or not?
I'm not talking about the "hindrances" just plain pet speed

I know that what I showed on OSI I can't do on Demise
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈