Invalid Frenzied Whirlwind is absolutely unusable, please fix.

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Anthony File

Frenzied Whirlwind is absolutely unusable, please fix.

Post by Anthony File »

Take away the 15 second delay please.
Eos wrote:The following changes have been applied during server wars tonight:
  • Corrected the Frenzied Whirlwind special move: (Bug report)
    • Number of damage ticks lowered to 3, with one occurring every second (the first being instant).
    • Damage corrected from 50-60 overall direct damage to 20-50 physical damage per tick.
    • The effect now stays with the attacker and will only hit people in range of the attacker when it ticks.
    • Added 15 second delay between uses.
I believe everything except for the 15 second delay was an appropriate nerf, adding the delay caused the weapon to become completely useless.

Previously before the nerf, the special did 10+ ticks of 5 damage regardless of skill and had no delay and your opponent could not run out of range from those damage ticks once they were hit initially.

It's now only 3 ticks and simply moving out of range of the enemy can keep you from getting damaged from 2/3 of those ticks and there is now a 15 second delay per special. This wasn't just a nerf, this update completely nullified any further use of the weapon in any aspect.

Without the special delay this weapon would become viable to use again and I think it would fit in well with the current mix of special abilities in-game that are used within PvP.

If anything I would appreciate some feedback, further suggestion or concerns posted here on the topic from both players and staff members.
WhackIzashi.png
WhackIzashi.png (26.24 KiB) Viewed 9697 times
Last edited by Anthony File on July 17th, 2019, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
koziar

Re: Frenzied Whirlwind is absolutely unusable, please fix.

Post by koziar »

Agree with Anthony. It can be very nice special for warriors if GM delete delay.
Anthony File likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Leave frenzied whirlwind nerfed, it already hits people surrounding the player so its multi target special and in pvp people are using scripts to target their cu sidhe with the special instead of players. Alot of times the cu sidhes have been allowed to die a bunch of times so that its wrestling skill is low, thus these players are exploiting that to bypass the defensive skills of players.
Anthony File likes this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Vander Nars wrote:Leave frenzied whirlwind nerfed, it already hits people surrounding the player so its multi target special and in pvp people are using scripts to target their cu sidhe with the special instead of players. Alot of times the cu sidhes have been allowed to die a bunch of times so that its wrestling skill is low, thus these players are exploiting that to bypass the defensive skills of players.
In it's current state, have you seen anyone use viably use frenzied whirlwind? I haven't. It's completely useless in both PvP and PvM.

Dive-bombing a group of enemies on a warrior with a special which can be nullified simply by moving one tile isn't ever going to be meta, nor will it ever see use when that said special has a *15 second delay*..

Anyways, thanks for your reply of concern and hopefully others speak up on the matter.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I'm still trying to figure out how people are riding cu's when they were supposed to have fixed riding mounts when you dont have the required skill....I have no problem with a fix to frenzied ww if they fixed cu'S correctly then it still wouldnt be op broken. The reason its so strong is because of the ability to use a cu due to current server inaccuracies.
Anthony File likes this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

desalonne wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how people are riding cu's when they were supposed to have fixed riding mounts when you dont have the required skill....I have no problem with a fix to frenzied ww if they fixed cu'S correctly then it still wouldnt be op broken. The reason its so strong is because of the ability to use a cu due to current server inaccuracies.
I’m not sure how pets work exactly on OSI but from what I’m told and as far as I’m aware they can still be used, you just have to put taming/lore back on to have them follow you again once you die as they then begin to wander.

On Demise what I said is true too however, doing any form of attack to your pet causes it to follow you again.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Pretty sure on osi you can only use a soulstone once every 24 hours. So unless you magically have 20 soul stones with tame and lore. You arnt putting in on and off every time you die.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

desalonne wrote:Pretty sure on osi you can only use a soulstone once every 24 hours. So unless you magically have 20 soul stones with tame and lore. You arnt putting in on and off every time you die.
I’ve never heard of this, I’ve never played OSI but I recall a friend explaining to me how you could use soulstones to by-pass skill gain wait times which would lead me to believe that 24 hours timers on them is something new or non-existent.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Anthony File wrote:
desalonne wrote:Pretty sure on osi you can only use a soulstone once every 24 hours. So unless you magically have 20 soul stones with tame and lore. You arnt putting in on and off every time you die.
I’ve never heard of this, I’ve never played OSI but I recall a friend explaining to me how you could use soulstones to by-pass skill gain wait times which would lead me to believe that 24 hours timers on them is something new or non-existent.
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend
Who heard it from another .........

24 hour between use is old and did exist a long time ago.

OSI has the guarantee gain system or GGS based on your total skill points and time between gains. The GGS time is taken from log in. Which means if your skill is at 720 and you start taking skills off using soul stones to just have taming on as an example the GGS is taken from 720 skill total not what is left.

I used taming as an example because on OSI you can only gain in taming if you actually tame something unlike Demise.

As for the once every 24 hours LOL
I mentioned a while back that it was that way during ML on OSI and IP got it put in to where you can use your soul stones multiple times in a 24 hour period.
Which is an SA change.

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 86#p129686
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Anthony File likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Praise be the brother in law!

Please remove the 15 second timer. If someone gets hit with 2 consecutive frienzieds they probably deserve it.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Anthony File likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

I can’t cut through all the bs in this thread ...

What is the osi mechanics for FW during the ML era?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

desalonne wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how people are riding cu's when they were supposed to have fixed riding mounts when you dont have the required skill....I have no problem with a fix to frenzied ww if they fixed cu'S correctly then it still wouldnt be op broken. The reason its so strong is because of the ability to use a cu due to current server inaccuracies.

What happens to Cu riders that don’t have the skill to control them if they made soul stones era accurate?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Arden wrote:I can’t cut through all the bs in this thread ...

What is the osi mechanics for FW during the ML era?

The problem is that no one knows.. There also isn’t any clear documentation. I believe in its current state it would be fine though if they just got rid of the uncessecary 15 second cooldown.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Bama wrote:

What happens to Cu riders that don’t have the skill to control them if they made soul stones era accurate?
As an avid user of soulstones, I can attest that I personally would be extremely upset if they were changed. I enjoy utilizing various templates and swapping them out situationally and in doing so I’ve acquired a large amount of soulstones and change things up all the time when I play.

I think the current mechanics definitely fall under the ‘but better’ category.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Current Game:
The Frenzied Whirlwind Special Move was added during the Samurai Empire expansion. It deals scaled damage based on Ninjitsu/Bushido skill levels within a two tile radius over 2 seconds. Applies a movement slow to its initial target if it is player.

Pub 90 - Sept 11 2015
Special move update: Frenzied Whirlwind slow debuff reduced to 1.5 seconds from 4 seconds.

Pub 81 - April 2013
• Frenzied Whirlwind, now deals scaled damage based on Ninjitsu/Bushido skill levels within a two tile radius over 2 seconds. Applies a
movement slow to its initial target if it is player. The initial delay of damage over time has been removed.

SA launch 2009 (Demise really has nothing past this other than a few things *ahem* robe *ahem* trinke *ahem* H-Town 2009)

Five on Friday (old school Q&A with staff) Nov 30 2007
"Why is the weapon special Frenzied Whirlwind so much worse than regular Whirlwind? Is it bugged?"
It's not bugged - it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, which is 3-5 Physical damage, twice (which goes up against Physical resist, which is why people are only seeing 1-2 damage.) However, for the mana cost, that seemed... slightly silly, so Wilki gave it a substantial boost (to 20-50 for two ticks) which should make it actually useful. (You should see this change in the next publish, usual caveats about QA applying.)
-Pub 48 was right before this post on 11/26/2007. So I searched for Pub 49-57 )1 year of publishes) to see if a change ever came. It never went live. We are also reaching into Dec 2008 at this point and almost into SA which demise is not an SA server.

ML launch 2005 (Demise basis)

Conclusion: Frenzied Whirlwind is on OSI from when demise was pulled was just BASE line FW. No publish every touched it till 2013 from what I can tell when the damage scaling was added. The Five on Friday where they intended to buff it, never happened. To quote OSI "Its doing exactly what its supposed to do" WHICH IS 3-5 phys dmg, twice against phys resist. Which is 1-2 dmg against armored player. There is no CD, CD is a demise only thing. You need to put it back to what its supposed to be 3-5 phys dmg against full armor with no CD. If demise wanted to copy the change that was never put in, but implied was coming. It would be 2 ticks of 20-50 dmg vs phys armor with no cooldown. that would be 14- 35 dmg x2 (28-70) against 70 phys. Doing this (which was never implimented on OSI, likely bc it was imbalanced) is dumb. So yes, im with Anthony. Please fix FW back to OSI as follow:

-3-5 Phys dmg
-It is affected by Phys resist
-hits twice
-no Cool down

/solved