Completed Cu sidhes behaviour after the owner dies PvP bug

Post your Demise bug reports here!
royal kapero2

Cu sidhes behaviour after the owner dies PvP bug

Post by royal kapero2 »

After besting your opponent, you may find his pet attacking you due to the fact you disturbed his peace state by leaving a potion on ground, poisoning it and so on. It is all good, but the pet is usually a hound on steroids. And with a lucky bite and your low HP combination you may find yourself dead as well, next to your opponent's corpse.
Loler

Re: Cu sidhes behaviour after the owner dies PvP bug

Post by Loler »

Very good explanation with what is wrong with the mechanic. I especially like the part where you gave details on what's going on and what should happen.

It's bug reports like these that should be focused on.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =4&t=28453

EOS on March 1st: "The following changes have been made during server wars:
Pet corrections:
Pets no longer automatically follow you after claiming them from the stables, summoning them, adding/removing a pet friend, or when turning into a pet ghost. The follow order must be given manually.
Pets no longer follow ghosts. If a pet owner dies, the pet will stop following. The follow order must be given again manually after resurrecting to resume following.
Stabling a pet now maintains the last given order on the pet, it no longer defaults to follow when claiming.
Stabling a pet no longer refills the pet's happiness.
Feeding a pet now gives it a "stop" command.
[...]
"

If a pet owner dies, the pet will stop following. But If something attacks it, the pet attacks it back automatically.

After mounting a cu sidhe, that attacked something back, it resets the command and the pet continues to follow the pet owner.
Bad Religion likes this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Bump.

Additional notes: Shouldn't they follow the owner much slower? Shouldn't they drop the follow command, If you die? And you cannot order it to follow you by attacking and mounting it again? (It requires 2 minutes in order to use soulstones, which means you are out of the battle).
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

kapero if u were really a good player at the end of the video you would have jumped off your cu so you didn't get bola'd
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

royal kapero2 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:26 pm After besting your opponent, you may find his pet attacking you due to the fact you disturbed his peace state by leaving a potion on ground, poisoning it and so on. It is all good, but the pet is usually a hound on steroids. And with a lucky bite and your low HP combination you may find yourself dead as well, next to your opponent's corpse.
A pet will defend itself when you attack it, this is OSI accurate (tested on OSI TC with a cu sidhe after setting taming/lore to 0 on the owner and killing the owner).

royal kapero2 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 11:57 pm After mounting a cu sidhe, that attacked something back, it resets the command and the pet continues to follow the pet owner.
Surprisingly, this also happens on OSI.

Tested three times on OSI TC:
  • Have a tamer order a cu sidhe to "all follow me", then mount it and set taming/lore to 0.
  • Have another character kill the tamer.
  • The mount now switches from follow to wandering around.
  • Take moongate to a shrine to get resurrected. The dog continues to wander when the resurrected owner returns.
  • Now have the other character attack the cu sidhe.
  • Run the attacking character off screen and hide.
  • Re-mount the cu sidhe.
  • Now dismount, the cu sidhe is following the owner again without being given the command. (Also, it's the "fast" type of follow, i.e. "all follow me", not the slow kind after feeding.)
In fact, the remounting is not necessary, it just speeds it up. When the cu sidhe loses its combat target, it will switch back to following within 1-2 seconds.

However, there is one difference on OSI:

While the cu sidhe is actively pursuing the attacker (and the attacker remains visible and within range of the cu sidhe), attempts to mount it will fail, giving the system message "You can't get on a mount that's fighting". This occurs even if the cu sidhe gets stuck trying to pathfind to the attacker and hasn't even landed a hit. This only occurs if the owner has removed their taming/lore skills.

At 120 Animal Taming and 95 Animal Lore, it sometimes will let you mount, and sometimes gives you the system message. (It takes 1-3 attempts to mount.) It seems to be doing a control chance check. 🤔 Sidenote: this also happens when a pet is attacking a monster.

This mechanic is definitely missing on Demise, and it seems it would be effective in discouraging higher-end pets without taming/lore skills even more.

(I will mark the thread as "Accepted" but the bug/missing feature is the "You can't get on a mount that's fighting" system message and control chance check, not the original report.)
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Spok and The Silvertiger like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos wrote: March 28th, 2020, 7:07 pm
This mechanic is definitely missing on Demise, and it seems it would be effective in discouraging higher-end pets without taming/lore skills even more.

(I will mark the thread as "Accepted" but the bug/missing feature is the "You can't get on a mount that's fighting" system message and control chance check, not the original report.)
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 97#p127797

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 09#p134709
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote: March 31st, 2020, 12:55 pm

To be fair it's rather difficult to glean the useful information out of that post. First off, is it even a bug report or just a statement? Secondly the most important part of the information gathered is in an aside to File. Funny enough from your original reply there it actually confirmed that the mechanic was accurate to the description of the op albiet it was out of order: invis before mount. Goes back to was it a statement or a bug report?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: April 1st, 2020, 1:26 am
Bama wrote: March 31st, 2020, 12:55 pm

To be fair it's rather difficult to glean the useful information out of that post. First off, is it even a bug report or just a statement? Secondly the most important part of the information gathered is in an aside to File. Funny enough from your original reply there it actually confirmed that the mechanic was accurate to the description of the op albiet it was out of order: invis before mount. Goes back to was it a statement or a bug report?
The person who decides whether things are bug reports or just statements was able to glean enough useful information to accept it as a bug report.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈