Accepted Missing Faction Artifacts

Post your Demise bug reports here!
The Silvertiger

Re: Missing Faction Artifacts

Post by The Silvertiger »

atomic chicken wrote:I know, I'm saying make it to where the pets are likely to go wild and shit. Or however osi has it where it's a real pain in the ass for you to exploit a bug to keep the pet from going wild. My argument was about why it is a problem, Getting healing mount is a problem if there is no risk of it going wild.
Just feed it every time you leave the house... It's a pet. Pets need food. Gah... Why's nemo floating in the top of the bowl?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I'm not versed in how pets work on osi but I believe someone told me that they have a daily decay timer and it'll go wild without skill.
Also, if you don't have taming I'm pretty sure feeding them doesn't increase happiness at any rate that is sufficient. Even if you could technically do it I think it'd be too annoying to do it.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

atomic chicken wrote: Also, if you don't have taming I'm pretty sure feeding them doesn't increase happiness at any rate that is sufficient.
If a pet that is on the verge of going wild is fed 1 second before it was to go wild it would become wonderfully happy
Which is max loyalty
Whether you have skill to control it or not here or on OSI
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

let em stay missing
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I think we need to make factions relevant however, even if the faction arty system isn't implemented.
Loler

Post by Loler »

those archers could always just rez their own warhorse with a bandage with 100% success rate and remount and take off.

if faction arties are added the point system shouldnt be added because no matter what you do to try to limit people from farming their own alternates points. people will find a way and just abuse it. the points shouldnt matter. make all the arties available to anyone with rank 1 or rank 10.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
koziar likes this.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

True about the bandaid on the horse, however that leaves them vulnerable to an attack for however long it takes to bandage if they're in the field. Alternatively, you've discovered a way to counter the heal scripts. Because they will heal themselves instead of their pets whenever they take any damage.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Bama wrote:When these players that ride pets without the skill to control and are dismounted on OSI................. if it is a cu the pet will heal them

When these players that ride pets without the skill to control and are dismounted on OSI................. their pets will not keep up with them whether they
-walk
- run
-stealth
-teleport
..........unless that pet has passed a skill check after it was
-fed
-claimed from the stable
-claimed using a pet ball
-claimed by logging out and back in
-freshly tamed
....... it needs to obey a command for it to keep up with the owner

This crap has been reported and proof was provided at the same time that it was proven that pets will not guard owners unless the owner had the skills to control them
..................and all of this has nothing to do with Faction Artifacts
And if it gets "fixed" factions will be the only way to PvP because of the faction horse. Not a good idea.

Swamp Dragon dies if you fart loud enough in it's general direction. Would make it too easy to dismount gank people
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Dismo won't become stronger bc the dismounter will be extremely vulnerable bc their pet will be weaker. Some argue dismo archers will go ninja for animal form but this decreases your healing value bc you're no longer a alchy archer so you lose 30% ep functionally, which resolves the crying about healing from archers.
I think it is balanced bc it makes alchy archers vulnerable to dismo ganks, forces ninja dexxers which will heal less overall, mages will still be able to teleport. It's not any stronger than a person paralyzing and invising your pet. It makes both parties vulnerable which is a great risk/reward play while currently you can dismo and if someone poisons your pet it cures itself which is ridiculous.
Also, bushido and ninja temps will be fine bc lesser and animal form
Also resolves some of the wakizashi bug, bc they will not be able to heal their pet and will risk it dying. The only temps that will work will have to heal their pets with chiv/magery but that can be exploited while currently they just let their dog heal itself

Also if you're argument is a "gank" in the traditional sense of 3v1 or wahataver number will be stronger, then yea probably but it's not like one dismo and the other weaken spam isn't enough already, when the enemy is an alchy archer you can also para invis the pet as well, so the gank (unless someone messes up ofc) won't really be any different, just different methods.
Bad Religion likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

atomic chicken wrote:Also if you're argument is a "gank" in the traditional sense of 3v1 or wahataver number will be stronger, then yea probably...
Yes it will make it really easy to gank people.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

atomic chicken wrote: ... but it's not like one dismo and the other weaken spam isn't enough already, ... you can also para invis the pet ...
You forgot that part necrodog. The point was that dismo ganks are still really easy regardless of the change. That's why they're ganks, so your argument is null, because it's the same effect just different method. Instead, of killing the pet currently they just para/invis, which is just as effective as killing it.
Bad Religion likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Necrodog wrote:
Bama wrote:When these players that ride pets without the skill to control and are dismounted on OSI................. if it is a cu the pet will heal them

When these players that ride pets without the skill to control and are dismounted on OSI................. their pets will not keep up with them whether they
-walk
- run
-stealth
-teleport
..........unless that pet has passed a skill check after it was
-fed
-claimed from the stable
-claimed using a pet ball
-claimed by logging out and back in
-freshly tamed
....... it needs to obey a command for it to keep up with the owner

This crap has been reported and proof was provided at the same time that it was proven that pets will not guard owners unless the owner had the skills to control them
..................and all of this has nothing to do with Faction Artifacts
And if it gets "fixed" factions will be the only way to PvP because of the faction horse. Not a good idea.

Swamp Dragon dies if you fart loud enough in it's general direction. Would make it too easy to dismount gank people
Oh so you mean weapons like clubs, pitchforks etc might actually be viable? Swamp dragons useful?

You are SUPPOSED to die when getting ganked by a ton of people.

I use a cu on my pvper with no taming. it's nice getting healed for 40 when I get dismounted, it's nice that my pet will cure itself if poisoned, it's nice that it has a billion hp and I can just teleport away and it skips right to me...... and it's the dumbest mechanic I've ever seen on a UO server and should be fixed immediately.
atomic chicken likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Reefer wrote:Fix riding mares/cu without some sort of taming.

Buff faction warhorses to have more HP.

Add faction artifacts.
Bump this comment
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Bad Religion wrote:Oh so you mean weapons like clubs, pitchforks etc might actually be viable?
They are viable. Ever heard of teleport dismount? ;)
Bad Religion wrote:Swamp dragons useful?
They would still be too weak to be truly useful. Faction horse would be useful but then factions would be only way to PvP.
Bad Religion wrote:You are SUPPOSED to die when getting ganked by a ton of people.
srsly?!?!?!? SRSLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So it should be automatic lose if you fight outnumbered? Come on man.
Bad Religion wrote:I use a cu on my pvper with no taming. it's nice getting healed for 40 when I get dismounted, it's nice that my pet will cure itself if poisoned, it's nice that it has a billion hp and I can just teleport away and it skips right to me...... and it's the dumbest mechanic I've ever seen on a UO server and should be fixed immediately.
Nah, bro, it's great! It makes it so you actually have to be good at field PvP to kill someone instead of just waiting for your archer to get lucky with a dismount shot.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

I like factions being the only way to pvp (no guardwhack while xhealing, sign me the fuck up!). Also, false, archers can run ninja and have animal form.
Getting dismounted if they're half decent almost always means you're going to die anyhow. Also, fun fact you can protection, invis, ethy mount. I've done it many many times and survived despite my dead pet.

Also, the inability to ride your pet thing is inevitable. People just para invis it and if you didn't see where it happened then you're fucked without a summoning ball and you can only really use that when you've already gotten away. So, your gank argument is invalid bc the same effect of inability to use pet via para invis method is already occurring.

Also, the "actually be good in the field" argument is bullshit, because all you do is use your weaken script so a mage can't tele away and poison the pet continuously. Let's not pretend y'all don't have scripts for that. So it's already in a situation waiting for a lucky dismount to occur, especially if you're being ganked.